What week does Rosen go down and Fitz come in?

12 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Taking predictions here.  We all know the pattern.  Fitz, always a bridesmaid, nev...er...always a bride... ?

I wouldn't bet the rent against Fitz starting the season. 

In fact, he may start the season and play lights-out for the first 2-4 games, winning the locker room and making it hard for his successor when he inevitably craps the bed.

IMO, the chance to share a locker room with Fitz is quite possibly one of the best strokes of luck Rosen could have.  If Rosen fancies himself as a brain and needs to have everything super-explained to him to buy in, he's found his superior in the QB room.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Man, did we ever get the right Josh.

No doubt. I can’t see Allen getting dumped for the 62nd pick in the draft. :doh:

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

No doubt. I can’t see Allen getting dumped for the 62nd pick in the draft. :doh:

Bills got the 65th pick for TT and didn’t have to throw in a future 5th. :lol:

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, skibum said:

Week 1. Rosen showed last year that he needs to sit and learn for a while. 

You mean “the most Pro-ready QB in the 2018 Draft?”  The same guy that the media is crowning a Hall Of Famer after his rookie year?

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In fact, he may start the season and play lights-out for the first 2-4 games, winning the locker room and making it hard for his successor when he inevitably craps the bed.

IMO, the chance to share a locker room with Fitz is quite possibly one of the best strokes of luck Rosen could have.  If Rosen fancies himself as a brain and needs to have everything super-explained to him to buy in, he's found his superior in the QB room.

Exactly why I thought Fitz would’ve been the perfect QB to sign last year.  Unfortunately he didn’t make it to Free Agency

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If he's willing to submit to learning. Hard to not wonder if the pre-draft evaluation of his attitude was somewhat founded by how impressed everyone is at how hard he's working this year. Was he not doing that last year? 

Fitz will have his normal good start and then the team will fall apart.  So I say week 6.

honestly, Fitz’ career numbers are getting better later in his career.  I would love to have him tutoring Allen.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Dolphins have a better chance at winning with Fitz than Rosen

I mean you can say that about a few other starting QBs too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Bills got the 65th pick for TT and didn’t have to throw in a future 5th. :lol:

TT was on a 1 year $16M contract last year.

Rosen is on a 3 year $6M contract.

Great trade for Buffalo.  Better trade for Miami, for effectively a low-cost backup QB with quality starter upside.

AFCE now with 3 of the top QBs drafted in 2018, plus old man Brady.

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not sure it’s a certainty that Rosen starts. From what has been seen so far, Fitz > Rosen. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fitz starts.

Wait, the guy who played 10+ years in the nfl is better than the rookie on a crap team? ?. Fitz could beat out a bunch of nfl starters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rosen has a bad attitude. Fitz has a better one. 

It will be funny to see Rosen pout on the sideline when Fitz takes over the starting job. 

Dont worry though, it wont last. Fitz will throw 4 ints in 1 game and Rosen will be back!

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait, the guy who played 10+ years in the nfl is better than the rookie on a crap team? ?. Fitz could beat out a bunch of nfl starters. 

I know. I was probably the biggest Fitz supporter around on the BBMB. I’m just saying I don’t think it’s a given that Rosen starts. 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know. I was probably the biggest Fitz supporter around on the BBMB. I’m just saying I don’t think it’s a given that Rosen starts. 

I love Fitz too.  I think, sadly, this is great for Rosen.  I do think Fitz starts but eventually Rosen plays.  Fitz is probably the veteran QB I’d most want my young QB to learn from.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Can Rosen beat out Fitz?

Yes.  

It's funny how much this board gives Rosen trouble for his performance in AZ last year, despite the fact that the same factors which prevented him from achieving anything have been offered as primary excuses for Josh Allen.

So Allen doesn't suck, it's just that A, B, and C, around him are not ideal.

Arizona is quite possibly the most messed up organization in the NFL right now, but that has nothing to do with it.  Josh Rosen just sucks! 

LOL.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes.  

It's funny how much this board gives Rosen trouble for his performance in AZ last year, despite the fact that the same factors which prevented him from achieving anything have been offered as primary excuses for Josh Allen.

So Allen doesn't suck, it's just that A, B, and C, around him are not ideal.

Arizona is quite possibly the most messed up organization in the NFL right now, but that has nothing to do with it.  Josh Rosen just sucks! 

LOL.  

Is it really funny?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One thing I can tell you for sure is that fans will rally behind the very likeable and affable inexperienced Rosen and have trouble wrapping their arms around the prickly and veteran Fitzpatrick.

Yup...it’s silly when you actually read it or say it out loud, isn’t it?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

To be clear, this post was more made in jest, given Fitz's history.  Odds are, Rosen rides the pine a year and learns from Fitz.  Still, the 'phins are in tank mode.  Maybe they throw Rosen in at starter, let him get his lumps, and boost their draft position.  Time will tell, really.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

If he's willing to submit to learning. Hard to not wonder if the pre-draft evaluation of his attitude was somewhat founded by how impressed everyone is at how hard he's working this year. Was he not doing that last year? 

Because his HC was a bum who was fired after 1 year by the idiot GM.

This isn’t hard to figure out.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because his HC was a bum who was fired after 1 year by the idiot GM.

This isn’t hard to figure out.  

Obviously other people’s actions determine his. Great. 

Dont act like you know stuff that you don’t. It makes you look foolish.