Mahomes would like to challenge Allen to a throwing contest for charity

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bad idea for both QBs.

Nothing to be gained. Unless our chief rival for AFC QB of the next generation blows out HIS arm, and even I don’t want that. 

Just now, Augie said:

Nothing to be gained. Unless our chief rival for AFC QB of the next generation blows out HIS arm, and even I don’t want that. 

"Hey, Robert Edwards! We're having a fun little flag football game on the beach. Wanna play?"

This fanbase can't afford to tempt fate. Have a throwing footballs into a trash can contest if you want. Don't tear something trying to throw a ball 90 yards.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not hating that we have a likable charismatic  qb leading the franchise. What makes me a believer? he is cocky and humble at the same time. 

Thats hard for non genuine personalities to pull off. 

Yup.  From day one you could just tell that he comes off as a nice, likable young man, but there is just something about him that says inside, he is a cocky SOB that believes he can do anything better than you. 

And you know what?  That is exactly the kind of persona and attitude I want want my QB to have.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Yup.  From day one you could just tell that he comes off as a nice, likable young man, but there is just something about him that says inside, he is a cocky SOB that believes he can do anything better than you. 

I think "he is a cocky SOB that believes he todays Josh Allen can do anything better than you yesterdays Josh Allen". He's a "likable young man" because he focuses on competing against himself.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Equivalent to the HR Derby.  Not a good idea.

But how great would it be if Josh had Fitz as his stand in??? Let Mahomes go first, then send in the bearded one. It would be like me vs Tiger getting down the fairway. I’ll get there.....eventually. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Eh, I'd be all for it. These guys know how to throw a football and not injure themselves.

....and, what would be gained? What it’s the upside, and what is the downside? I’m not a fan of side shows, just play the game. I pray we never see the Bills on Hard Knocks. If it were for charity, I’d look long and hard at other ways to make money. 

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

Josh Allen would throw the ball and be 5 yards short....

however, a KC defensive player would be off sides so he would get one more throw...

Josh Allen throws again and wins....

game over

The penalty is called offside. There is no additional “S.”

15 hours ago, Augie said:

....and, what would be gained? What it’s the upside, and what is the downside? I’m not a fan of side shows, just play the game. I pray we never see the Bills on Hard Knocks. If it were for charity, I’d look long and hard at other ways to make money. 

Why does something always have to be gained though?  I mean its ok to just have fun in life sometimes and not make every thing about gaining something.  

Not only do I think this would be fun, but they should totally do it if they can also help a charity.  Loser has to donate a check to the winners charity of choice.  Everyone wins and has a good time

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Publicity in the form of national exposure.

Also helping another charity.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Just a bit of fun, I guess.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why does something always have to be gained though?  I mean its ok to just have fun in life sometimes and not make every thing about gaining something.  

Not only do I think this wold be fun, but they should totally do it if they can also help a charity.  Loser has to donate a check to the winners charity of choice.  Everyone wins and has a good time

Thank you. It would be great to see a couple of young up and coming guys have fun together for a good cause. It doesn’t have to be framed as reckless endangerment. These are adults not children.

What next are you gonna employ someone to help them cross the road and cut up their food? Road deaths and choking are real world dangers too. Smdh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"Hey, Robert Edwards! We're having a fun little flag football game on the beach. Wanna play?"

This fanbase can't afford to tempt fate. Have a throwing footballs into a trash can contest if you want. Don't tear something trying to throw a ball 90 yards.

Was that flag football or volleyball? Either way, the kid was on his way to being a great running back.

Very sad.

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Was that flag football or volleyball? Either way, the kid was on his way to being a great running back.

Very sad.

I'm pretty sure it was flag football.  Not only did that ruin his career, he almost lost his life.  Horrific.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm pretty sure it was flag football.  Not only did that ruin his career, he almost lost his life.  Horrific.

Edwards was chosen by the New England Patriots in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft. He rushed for 1,115 yards for the Patriots in the 1998 National Football League season, before blowing out his kneeat an NFL rookie flag football game in Hawaii during Pro Bowl week. Edwards barely escaped the injury without having his leg amputated below the knee, and he was told he might not walk again.[1]

I think all the folks getting worried that Allen's gonna hurt himself are being silly.

This event would bring positive publicity and national attention to Josh Allen. The mere fact of this event taking place would put Allen in the same conversation, for at least a moment, as the NFL's biggest star and reigning MVP. That's a good thing. It would also result in money going to a good cause.

I suppose there's a small chance the guy hurts himself, but I really doubt it. I'd like to think he's smart enough to not do long term injury to himself just to win a silly throwing competition.

43 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Very sad.

It was a flag football game on the beach. Wrecked his knee so bad that the doctors nearly amputated his leg. I think the injury was non-contact, just landed funny on the sand.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Sad 1