Ivory gone

Man, our backfield is ancient.  I don't like it.  I liked Chris Ivory.  I imagine trying to tackle him, would've been like trying to talk a boulder rolling down a mountain at full speed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I fear that Vladimir (Putin) Ducasse and Russell (Jethro) Bodine are to be shown the door next.....

From Over the Cap

$2.15 Million in cap savings from Ivory

$2.3  Million from Bodine

$2 Million from Vlad

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2

I liked Ivory, but you cannot Be surprised as his skill set is quite redundant with Gore. Absolutely wish him the best in everything he does in the future, except when he’s playing the Bills.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wo-Bah said:

Man, our backfield is ancient.  I don't like it.  I liked Chris Ivory.  I imagine trying to tackle him, would've been like trying to talk a boulder rolling down a mountain at full speed.

I liked Ivory too, but I'm not sure keeping him was the solution for an ancient backfield.

McCoy/Gore/rookie and one of the other guys sounds just fine.

• Like (+1) 2

Shocked...said no one ever.  This was pretty obvious move with Gore signing.  There was no way they were going to go into the season with 3 over 30 RB's, especially with some good prospects in this draft and all our draft picks.  Nothing against Ivory, but we need some fresh legs to go with those old timers.  

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I fear that Vladimir (Putin) Ducasse and Russell (Jethro) Bodine are to be shown the door next.....

From Over the Cap

$2 Million from Vlad

Don't forget about Trent Murphy.

23 minutes ago, JoeF said:

From Over the Cap

$2 Million from Vlad

Vlad should be shown the door, we probably have enough OG that he's not needed.  I'd keep Bodine as insurance/depth.  He's not great, but it could be worse.

Looking back at Ivory’s year as a Bill.. I can’t think of 1 great or memorable play. 

he didn’t really do much of anything. In a few years I don’t think I’ll even remember he played for the Bills. Wish him the best but his time in Buffalo was almost non existent. 

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

Looking back at Ivory’s year as a Bill.. I can’t think of 1 great or memorable play. 

he didn’t really do much of anything. In a few years I don’t think I’ll even remember he played for the Bills. Wish him the best but his time in Buffalo was almost non existent. 

His long catch where Logan Thomas absolutely murdered someone  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

He is also a ancient fossil.

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Vlad should be shown the door, we probably have enough OG that he's not needed.  I'd keep Bodine as insurance/depth.  He's not great, but it could be worse.

Was thinking Spencer Long could be the back-up Center, but of Vlad and Russ--Vlad needs to go.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JoeF said:

From Over the Cap

$2 Million from Vlad

Will TSW heads explode if Vlad the Imploder makes it to SJF?:flirt:   Can't be, right?

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

At the risk of being laughed at, I think Beane is holding onto Ducasse to see if he can trade him.  I know it sounds out there but look at John Miller's contract with the Bengals.  

• Like (+1) 1