Report: Raiders shopping Derek Carr

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

soooo if they take a QB at 4 this pushes down more players to Bills 

But whoever they trade him to will probably not want to draft a QB, so maybe it's a wash. I bet there are those who still view Carr as a starter.

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

If imagine Mike Mayock  could talk some sense into this. I still feel like Carr can be good. 

I really like Mike Mayock so, I'm hoping he succeeds. The question is will they allow him to do his job.

I agree - mayock seems more level headed than Gruden. But who has more power. And, neither one drafted him so they aren’t as invested. 

Its been hinted at but just to call it out, Reggie McKenzie drafted Carr and is with the Dolphins now....

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree - mayock seems more level headed than Gruden. But who has more power. And, neither one drafted him so they aren’t as invested. 

Its been hinted at but just to call it out, Reggie McKenzie drafted Carr and is with the Dolphins now....

Ah good point, I forgot about the Miami connection. It makes sense. I guess it will all come down to whether they think there is someone in this draft that they think is an upgrade over Carr. 

Should be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

soooo if they take a QB at 4 this pushes down more players to Bills 

Lmao...Gruden is enamored with Peterman....

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Mayock a day ago said he liked card a lot as the franchise qb ??

Hahah, I know right!  

I had been saying all season I felt Raiders would shop Carr.  Then Mayock was running around at the combine talking Carr up so started to think they may try and build with him.  Guess that was maybe just him trying to get people more interested in Carr.  

Wow. This team was a legit SB contender up until week 16 in 2016 and Carr was a legit MVP candidate,  Mack was a legit defensive player of the year candidate and Cooper just put up his 2nd 1k yard receiving season in as many years. 

And in 2019 none of these guys might be on the roster? That's incredible . Isn't that the exact opposite of how to build your franchise? Gruden and Co are a Mess

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahah, I know right!  

I had been saying all season I felt Raiders would shop Carr.  Then Mayock was running around at the combine talking Carr up so started to think they may try and build with him.  Guess that was maybe just him trying to get people more interested in Carr.  

I love Carr and his Goth eyeliner. The raiders are dumb. Please send him somewhere obscure like Redskins. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No not only Carr, he hates all QBs he coaches; evidently he ruins them like tissues.

Yup just like he ruined Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson.?

Oh wait he won a Superbowl with Johnson didnt he.  You know, when he took Dungys 9-7 team to a 12-4 record that somehow Dungy was responsable for.  He went on to beat the team he built in the SB.

• Like (+1) 1

This is just dumb if true.  Who would his replacement be?

I think this is just Chucky thinking he’s the smartest guy in the room and that he can make anyone into a star. 

There should be no shortage of suitors for Carr if he medically checks out 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Middling QB who was in MVP race and led his team to playoffs with a solid OL? 

If he didn’t break his leg that team was a problem. 

There are a lot of guys who have one or two good-great seasons then nothing.  Carr is not a great QB.

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can anyone remember how Gruden felt about Rosen?

Probably loved him because he loves all QB’s apparently..

Except Carr..

It's that arrogance again. Even if he likes him he'd rather win with his own guy, thus making him more of a genius. 

7 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Giants would be a good fit

Edit, beat me to it!

Giants aren't ready to leave Eli behind.   They won't trade for a young vet who could unseat him.

They'll draft a guy so they can say they want to develop him slowly and let Eli go out with  dignity;

even though they should have told him to retire last off-season or release him.  He's cooked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Gruden is going to trade Carr for Tannehill, watch. 

Gruden wants a QB that can read a defense. That’s not Tannehill. I watched a few Raiders games this year, in one of them the Raiders were competitive all game and Carr was completing all the short stuff that Gruden likes. Late in that same game Carr had a meltdown and threw a few boneheaded picks.

That’s when Chucky gave him that look and it made me wonder if Carr’s time was soon up. 

11 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm a little disappointed with this.

The thing I remember the most about Carr is him literally screaming at the camera, after a win, something about JESUS CHRIST!!!, and something about Christ being a big fan of his, or some such malarkey. The astonishing arrogance of the concept that the SON OF GOD would be a fan of his, over another team, due to some conceited idea that he was more righteous was utterly lost on him. The idea of him getting shipped off to Las Vegas was hilarious to me.

Oh well...

So, do you hate Jesus, Carr, Self Righteous people or Vegas? You were not real clear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Prediction:

The hiring of Gruden by the Raiders, and the amount of money and power given to him, will go down in NFL history as one of the most disastrous moves ever.  It is so bad that this, the second year, may be his last year. But if not this year,  next year.

Edited by Mister Defense

11 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Perhaps Gruden will attempt to help out little brother in DC.  Of course Redskins have little to give unless it's a 2020 pick and McCoy.

I’m not sure I follow the logic here. If Gruden doesn’t think he’s good enough to be a top QB then how would it be helping his brother to trade Carr there?

This is really interesting. I think the wildcard in all of this is Josh Rosen. If Arizona drafts Murray then Rosen probably is more attractive than Haskins as the next best QB.  Mayock had Rosen as his 3rd best QB, even above Mayfield. I don't see Haskins as a  Gruden type of QB. If Arizona wants a top 10 pick for Rosen this could create an opportunity for Buffalo. Rosen's contract is dirt cheap for several years as his signing bonus is already paid by Arizona. Washington is rumored to be interested in Rosen as they have cap constraints. I could see other teams being interested as well. Maybe a three way trade involving pick #9, Rosen, and a move down scenario for Buffalo?

Ahhh yes......it's that time of the year! Time to work the phones Brandon Beane.