IF we could only win one of next 2, who do you want to beat?

IF we were guaranteed to go 1-1 over last 2 games, which team would you want the win to come from.  

171 members have voted

1. 1. If we were guaranteed to go 1-1 over last 2 games, who would you want to beat?

• Dolphins - (and possibly be the team that keeps them out of the post season)
    • Patriots* - (and possibly keep them from getting less home games in the play-offs therefore making their path to a Championship more unlikely)

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

Wow, I don''t think the results of this poll will be obvious... :)

I am not sure to be honest because I ALWAYS want the Bills to beat the Pats* but the allure of being the one to keep the Fins out of the play-offs, especially after the way the last game went down, is really powerful right now.

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Best case scenario is to lose both due to special teams mistakes. I just want to see Allen continue to develop. I think Belichick will rush 3 and 4 guys and force Josh to be patient. Which is perfect for him to work on. Too bad the WRs can't catch anything 

Best case scenario is we win both games because Allen played outstanding. With Allen leading 4Q game winning drives. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am not sure to be honest because I ALWAYS want the Bills to beat the Pats* but the allure of being the one to keep the Fins out of the play-offs, especially after the way the last game went down, is really powerful right now.

True but I think in 2013 the Bills eliminated the Fish that year on the second to last game.  Or at least crippled them anyway.

Different season I know but then it really wasn’t all that meaningful 

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Best case scenario is to lose both due to special teams mistakes. I just want to see Allen continue to develop. I think Belichick will rush 3 and 4 guys and force Josh to be patient. Which is perfect for him to work on. Too bad the WRs can't catch anything 

I agree with this, BUT, if you knew we were going to win one of them, which one would you want it to be. (and why)

Beating the Pats, and it’s not even close.  It would be even sweeter if they lost home field to Houston then had to play at Houston in the playoffs and lost a close one knowing that having home field might have made a difference.  Miami needs way too much help and I don’t see them making the postseason even if they do win out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Beating the Pats, and it’s not even close.  It would be even sweeter if they lost home field to Houston then had to play at Houston in the playoffs and lost a close one knowing that having home field might have made a difference.  Miami needs way too much help and I don’t see them making the postseason even if they do win out.

If they win out and Pats* lose out, who wins the division? (not sure who has the tie-breakers right now)

The Dolphins are a joke. They're doing everything they can to muster their best team to barely be competing for the 6th seed in a mediocre playoff race. They're headed towards a long, hard rebuild.

Cut off the head and the body will fall. If we want to win in the AFC the path is clear. A win in Foxboro under these conditions is worth 100x keeping the Phins out. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’d like to beat the Patriots and just to drive them insane, it would be best if we won with a series of questionable calls.

Maybe a phantom PI, followed by an unsportsmanlike conduct, a couple of encroachments, followed by Belichek running onto the field and being taken down by a fat security guard.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If they win out and Pats* lose out, who wins the division? (not sure who has the tie-breakers right now)

I believe Miami would as they would have a better division record as winning out would mean beating us and the Pats* losing out would mean losing to us then the Jets.  I guess it’s always possible.

• Like (+1) 2

Beating the Cheats at the Razor with Brady playing and everything on the line for the Cheats (the sub games don't count) would be HUGE for this team.  It would signal the next step for Josh Allen, and give me hope that MAYBE we could challenge for the AFC East crown next year.  Likely?  No, because Belicheat >>>>>>>>>> McD, but we can hope!

obvious answer is obvious.

keeping the patsies under 10 (for that week) wins or possibly being the team to knock the fins (although presently sitting at 9th seed so they may not make it anyway?) out of the playoffs would be awesome?

lets see

I'll stick with the obvious choice, beat the patsies**

• Like (+1) 2

Patriots.  As others have said this game is important to them and a loss would hurt.  And signify that we now have a QB that is different.

This is like an abusive relationship that we have going on with the Pats. too many years now.  Time to step up and get out of this situation and play them even up going forward.

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We pretty much always beat the dolphins

Beating the pats would feel pretty good?

but....that whole draft position thing?

Yep. Quite honestly would rather lose both games with Allen and the young guys playing well. Kind of bummed that Prater missed that kick. Not like we grow as a team based on a missed kick. Was nice to see Allen seal the drive, but close losses are probably ideal.

Edited by BillsSB2020

I despise both teams but I'm so used to the Pats beating up on the Bills that it's kinda second nature at this point. I would definitely prefer it if they made it a contest and didn't get their dupas handed to them, but, we'll see what happens.

Lately though, I just hate Miami more. Nobody in Florida seems to give a crap about any of the teams that play in that state. That stadium was as exciting as a wet fart when the Bills played there a few weeks ago. Ryan Tannehill looks like a human muppet. Frank Gore is 640000 years old. Kiko Alonso looks like a damn caveman. Bah. I hate their dumb orange and aqua faces. May they all get the runs for Christmas. 

On the flipside, Tannehill plays like he's a fourth-string JV clipboard holder when in Buffalo, so... hope that trend continues.

Edited by blacklabel