Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

You want to tie up 16-20 Mill a year at rb long term with a ton of guaranteed money upfront?  That is what Bell wants.   Pass we should draft a rb

Did you say the same about Mack too? Who wants to pay all that money for an elite player. This team doesn't have elite talent. We know nothing about what a drafted guy would do in the NFL. We need some elite players.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Only a 2nd and 3rd for a HOF RB.  Way too low.  Even a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is too low, but no one will part with that.  Getting rid of our offense is a really bad idea.

We already have 10 picks.

If we trade Shady, I want an established player in return.

• Like (+1) 2

So let's say nothing is done this week.  Shady plays Sunday and looks good again.  We beat Houston and are 3-3, heading to Indy. 

Y'all still want to trade Shady for a 3rd?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad that mccoy would be ok with the trade if it happens but i don’t think the bills owe him anything. If they think it’s the right move for the team then do it. If they don’t, then don’t. That’s all they should care about, not whether he wants to stay or go. 

Should have elaborated, getting McCoy's input/consent might alleviate any "locker room" discord that was/is being discussed.  Totally agree the Bills should do what is best for the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If they get the 2nd and 3rd they are asking for. In a heart beat

Beane seems to fleece people regularly when it comes to trades, like a 3rd for Tyrod(LOL), so maybe they might find a middle ground like just a 2nd which i would take 

No way would I trade the Bills best player of offense if they want to continue to win games and at 2-3 it's not at the throw in the towel stage yet.

I look at LeSean McCoy and see another Barry Sanders and a game changer. So how many of those are in the draft next year? 

• Like (+1) 1

I would imagine, or bet, that even though the NFL is very unlikely to do anything about it, like a 90% chance they won't, the Shady allegations would lower his trade value. The other team would surely bring that up, and say, sure we don't think he did it or we wouldn't trade for him, and we don't think the league will do anything, but it's still out there and a possibility.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

30 plus YR old RB that likely will not be here next year anyway. (31) then. Yep. Give me the Picks find me a Kamara in next years draft. 

Thats about where I am at. I love shady, but we could use bodies at receiver and extra draft picks would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I would imagine, or bet, that even though the NFL is very unlikely to do anything about it, like a 90% chance they won't, the Shady allegations would lower his trade value. The other team would surely bring that up, and say, sure we don't think he did it or we wouldn't trade for him, and we don't think the league will do anything, but it's still out there and a possibility.

Then you keep him. Last I checked Philly came knocking on our door in the middle of night asking for a favor, they are in no position to low-ball us. A 2nd and we give them Shady plus a 5th or 6th.

20 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Oh, boy.  Like, I hate to be the one to tell you this but the post Ryan idiot brothers fumigation of OBD is going to likely be at a year longer than you expect.  Next year will be a very, very young offense of many new players.  Next year we will he the browns of this season.  

As for what McBeane taking pressure for it they already are - bills fans here this week are angry.  Heh.  Is what it is and will always be.  If they build a team around the emo needs of this fan base they will create an interesting mess.  Heh

It's a results-oriented business. Two bad seasons in a row will put them on the hot seat. I have no idea whether this will happen, and I hope they have a great season next year. I just don't see how subtracting talent for a very modest return helps them improve. If they get a second and 3rd (or 4th), then yeah, I'd do it. But I certainly wouldn't trade McCoy for a 3rd. He's a really good player.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Then you keep him. Last I checked Philly came knocking on our door in the middle of night asking for a favor, they are in no position to low-ball us. A 2nd and we give them Shady plus a 5th or 6th.

I want a second and a 5th or 6th. I'm not giving him up for a second and tossing in a bonus pick for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QCity said:

For some reason people are under the impression that Shady is part of the future of this team. He's not. He's likely got 11 games left in a Bills uniform, and with injuries, even that may be a reach.

Yep. They give me the 2nd I am all for it. 

1 minute ago, QCity said:

For some reason people are under the impression that Shady is part of the future of this team. He's not. He's likely got 11 games left in a Bills uniform, and with injuries, even that may be a reach.

2019 is part of the future. They're supposed to win next year. 

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

30 plus YR old RB that likely will not be here next year anyway. (31) then. Yep. Give me the Picks find me a Kamara in next years draft. 

I agree with this.....

We have Chris Ivory.....Murphy is not Shady but he is good.......and Shady has a strong chance of not being here in the future.....continue the rebiuld.....

• Like (+1) 1

2nd rdr is a no brainer. With our WRs defenses can play 9 in the box and get away with it. Ivory and Murphy should suffice until we get our RB of the future. Do it and sign Mike G for back up insurance.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

It's a results-oriented business. Two bad seasons in a row will put them on the hot seat. I have no idea whether this will happen, and I hope they have a great season next year. I just don't see how subtracting talent for a very modest return helps them improve. If they get a second and 3rd (or 4th), then yeah, I'd do it. But I certainly wouldn't trade McCoy for a 3rd. He's a really good player.

I think he is a great player and has two more years on his current deal in Buffalo. His kind of talent doesn't come along that often so that is why the Bills traded for him and would be foolish to trade him away. 

The only reason he doesn't have really good numbers so far this year is because Daboll hasn't used him in 2 games.

• Like (+1) 1

Nobody aside from McBeane knows whether Shady is in our plans next year or not. 

To me, it looks like Shady/Ivory could very well be our RB duo again in 2019 and by my assessment of them, they still have "it". 

We have a ton of $$$ next year and there aren't any "break the bank" guys out there in FA.  We'll probably sign a couple very good #2 WR's and some other above average players at other positions, but if Shady still has another year in him, I want him here in '19.

This is somewhat of an easy negotiation for Beane. You just decide what is the minimum you want for a guy you don't have to or want to trade. Not the same thing as what you are asking for or any report from anyone anywhere. Just what you feel you want for him. If they reach that threshold you do it. If they don't you don't. The only negotiating should be if a team like the Eagles may be willing to offer you more than what you wanted, then you may raise it a little, at least in the negotiations.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I sincerely doubt the Eagles would give up even a 2nd, let alone a 2nd and a player.

At McCoy's age, the Bills are looking at a 3rd round pick AT most, and more likely a 4th or 5th. If I'm right about that, Bills would be better served by hanging onto him.

I think at best the Bills could maybe swap a 4th for a 2nd for Shady. I would consider the trade for a 2nd outright. If Tyrod or some other capable vet starter were here instead of Allen I would for sure do it for a 3rd round pick. But considering how out to dry Allen already is, I would rather keep Shady and help out Allen's development by having something there to help him out. 

A 2nd is an insanely good return on Shady at this point who at best will have 1 more productive year. So if the Bills could pry that I would understand the move but hanging a rookie out to dry for a mid to late 3rd round pick just seems like a bad move. 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Kamaras dont last till the 3rd rounds in most drafts 

i had a late first round grade on him.. dude oozed talent at Tenn.. he’s what CJ spiller coulda been with better balance and vision

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

How many 31 year old RBs have been effective in the NFL? 

Um ... let's go all the way back to last year. LeGarrette Blount was 31 last year and 766 yards and averaged 4.4 ypc in a back-by-committee set-up. He also had 90 yards on 14 carries in the SB, and rushed for 18 TDs in his 30th year.  Marshawn Lynch (32 now) looked downright dominant at times last season, and has played well this season so far (on pace for over 1000 yards and 10 TDs).

McCoy has not lost a step. He has two good years left in him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This is somewhat of an easy negotiation for Beane. You just decide what is the minimum you want for a guy you don't have to or want to trade. Not the same thing as what you are asking for or any report from anyone anywhere. Just what you feel you want for him. If they reach that threshold you do it. If they don't you don't. The only negotiating should be if a team like the Eagles may be willing to offer you more than what you wanted, then you may raise it a little, at least in the negotiations.

Yep. Set your Price. If it is a 2nd and 3rd you dont come off it. Maybe even increase it a bit closer to deadline you get 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

i had a late first round grade on him.. dude oozed talent at Tenn

And yet he did. Philip Lindsay another. Karem Hunt another. 

You can find RBs all over the draft. 

If you get your Price you move him because of Age, Off Field Stuff and by the time you are really good he is not on the team anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

i had a late first round grade on him.. dude oozed talent at Tenn.. he’s what CJ spiller coulda been with better balance and vision

The Kamara draft was likely a flukey year, but it really is pretty crazy to look at.

9 RB/WRs went in the 3rd round that year. 6 of them are above average starters this year and 5 of them are elite according to PFF.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep. Set your Price. If it is a 2nd and 3rd you dont come off it. Maybe even increase it a bit closer to deadline you get 

And yet he did. Philip Lindsay another. Karem Hunt another. 

You can find RBs all over the draft. 

If you get your Price you move him because of Age, Off Field Stuff and by the time you are really good he is not on the team anyway. 

I’ll be willing to bet Kareem Hunt doenst go over 10,000 yards rushing

alot Of backs start hot... it’s tough to play RB for 10+ years in the league 

we realistically aren’t getting a feature back round 3

and hunts really good, I’m not saying he’s bad

Edited by Buffalo716

Much depends on where the balance of values lie, imho.

McCoy's value to the Bills, is pretty darn high, so I don't think it would be unreasonable to be looking at a 2nd round pick for him.

A 3rd maybe, with a player of some proven capabilty thrown in.

As to whether or not the Eagles would do it, that's a whole different question.

McCoy still can do it, no question, and he will still be capable of doing it through his remaining contract. How much value can you put on that for a 'homecoming party'?

One thing I will say, is that if it's going to happen, it will probably be sooner rather than later, as the Eagles aren't going to be able to afford to wait, for the Bills to make their mind up.