Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns are "more likely to trade" Josh Gordon than release him.

The Browns plan to release Gordon Monday but have already had some calls from teams. Gordon's departure is trust-related after he re-injured his hamstring at a promotional shoot, but there's rumblings he was struggling with his sobriety. It's hard to see the Browns getting more than a conditional pick for Gordon with his off-field history. Gordon is a vested veteran, so he won't be subject to waivers if he's cut. The Cowboys, Patriots, Bengals, Seattle and Buffalo —who traded for Corey Coleman this preseason— are potential Gordon landing spots.

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

That's with any job, if you're made the boss you bring in guys you trust (coaches) and you bring in employees you hand pick (players) to make the place run how you see fit correct? I don't think The coach or GM here got rid of players just because they were Whaley's players I think he got rid of them because they  either didn't fit their scheme (Darby/the ILB that went to KC) or because of personality and overpayment (WR Woods, WR Watkins, DT Dareus), just my opinion though.

And that is what Dorsey did here. Player showed up late Saturday. Complained of a Hammy inj. Dorsey decided doesnt fit we have Landry, Higgins and our other Drug head. So decided to try and trade him before cutting him. 

Doesnt mean he relapsed. doesnt mean there is some suspension coming. He is a talented WR That could help Allen this year. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he didnt mess up. He wasnt late. Saturday he was late and Dorsey cut him. 

Why did Dareus get traded into the season?

He missed all of training camp.  That is "messing up." He has literally drugged himself out of every spot in his sports career.  

And there have been reports he was habitually late. If so. Why cut him now?

Just now, cle23 said:

He missed all of training camp.  That is "messing up." He has literally drugged himself out of every spot in his sports career.  

And there have been reports he was habitually late. If so. Why cut him now?

He was in counseling with the BLESSING Of the team. How is thag messing up again. 

Jesus are you really that dense. Show me these habitually late reports. 

3 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns are "more likely to trade" Josh Gordon than release him.

The Browns plan to release Gordon Monday but have already had some calls from teams. Gordon's departure is trust-related after he re-injured his hamstring at a promotional shoot, but there's rumblings he was struggling with his sobriety. It's hard to see the Browns getting more than a conditional pick for Gordon with his off-field history. Gordon is a vested veteran, so he won't be subject to waivers if he's cut. The Cowboys, Patriots, Bengals, Seattle and Buffalo —who traded for Corey Coleman this preseason— are potential Gordon landing spots.

Bills please make this happen and Schefty be right

• Like (+1) 2

The more that I think about this, the more that I’m on board. If Allen’s going to play, let’s get him some kind of legitimate WR talent to learn with this year. Even if it’s short lived barring another Gordon slip.

I don’t know how much faith I’m putting in all these rumors. Funny how they were all quiet until it’s announced that Gordon is going to be released. The only one I believe right now is that he’s struggling with keeping his sobriety. That’s probably going to be a lifelong struggle for him but in the Bills position? They have nothing to lose. Bring him in, he either balls for the year or goes the way of Justin Blackmon.

Last chance, kid.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Just think of the football team you could put together of all the players who destroyed/limited their careers with such things as drugs, attitude, greed, crime, abuse of females, laziness, and murder: Bryant, Gordon, Jones, Haynesworth, Marinovich, what's his name in prison for murdering his pregnant girlfriend in NC, etc. etc. etc.

Justin Blackmon too.  Came back and had about 500 yards in 3 games, then another DUI.

Question:

Why would the Browns release that statement and THEN try to trade him? Seems like bad business. Why not just let it be known that Gordon is on the block? 

Something is weird, here. 

And even if the Bills want him, doubt he'd choose Buffalo over the Pats or Cowboys.  Unless, he's traded, of course. Wouldn't give up more than a 5th, tho. 

This team needs a #1 WR and new oline  more than anything.  I am guessing there are only 10 or so true #1 WRs in NFL- they are very rare.  If Gordon could stay sober, he would be a gift and immediately make our offense much better.  Buffalo needs Gordon

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

That's what happens with a GM with a no nonsense policy, it's a team sport and there always has to be an example.

There's talk of the team thinking he wasn't in the right state of mind that day and he was thought to be under the influence of something.  That would make sense then. 

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

This team needs a #1 WR and new oline  more than anything.  I am guessing there are only 10 or so true #1 WRs in NFL- they are very rare.  If Gordon could stay sober, he would be a gift and immediately make our offense much better.  Buffalo needs Gordon

....he's gone WELL beyond his nine lives and has tested Browns' patience beyond reproach.......will NEVER change so why invite the headache?......................

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah because you know having a bad day or “not yourself” is always a red flag for substance abuse. According to some here 

When taken in the context of a guy who’s missed nearly two seasons total because if it, yeah.

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

When taken in the context of a guy who’s missed nearly two seasons total because if it, yeah.

He has missed 56 out of a possible 97 games due to suspensions. He has missed over 3 seasons in total and been suspended more than he has been available. 

For context,  he has played 11 games in 4 seasons, also counting last week.

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

He has missed 56 out of a possible 97 games due to suspensions. He has missed over 3 seasons in total and been suspended more than he has been available. 

For context,  he has played 11 games in 4 seasons, also counting last week.

....all for a total of $6.081 million in career earnings.....helluva investment, yet here we are with a "bring 'em in" thread.....SMH............

54 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's "being on drugs" and there is getting baked once in a while. 

Gordon's problems weren't "getting baked once in a while." He admitted to hard drug and alcohol use for years.

Edited by cle23

26 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They have a way they want to build the roster.  He doesn't fit

Yeah Taletless good guys. Full of Keith Ellisons. 

How does he not fit it? He is a fighter. Doesnt give up faces issues head on. 

Yet McCoy is a Captain?  Zay is here but yeah he does have his clothes on right now so. 

Edited by MAJBobby