Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

So many here now want the brown's garbage.  Amazing.  Two games in a rebuilding year and it's come to this?

Sounds like he has an injury and is expected to fail his next drug test.  Why bother with the circus?  Is he a part of season 2021?  No?  Then don't waste the time.

McD has been very clearly removing these types.from the locker room as I see it.

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What hasn't this kid shown everyone that proves he won't be a viable WR anymore in this league?

I don't get the "just give him a shot" argument.  Has any player in history been given more "shots" and failed every single one than this sad case?

Exactly

People do realize he is probably getting suspended again, and its believed that the reason they are letting him go is because he showed signs of substance abuse again. How is he going to help serving another long suspension? This isn't some WR that is being moved cause he dropped a few passes or struggled with the offence. They are done with him cause he cant stay off drugs and make it through a season without being suspended again. 

As for Dez, I would have no problem bringing him in, but i think the bigger issue is that he has no interest in coming here unless he is grossly overpaid. Cleveland has shown interest in him, but he hasnt shown much of that interest back i  them and seems content to stay sitting until a better team comes looking. He doesnt seem desperate enough to be looking to take whatever offer is just given to him.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Exactly

People do realize he is probably getting suspended again, and its believed that the reason they are letting him go is because he showed signs of substance abuse again. How is he going to help serving another long suspension? This isn't some WR that is being moved cause he dropped a few passes or struggled with the offence. They are done with him cause he cant stay off drugs and make it through a season without being suspended again. 

As for Dez, I would have no problem bringing him in, but i think the bigger issue is that he has no interest in coming here unless he is grossly overpaid. Cleveland has shown interest in him, but he hasnt shown much of that interest back i  them and seems content to stay sitting until a better team comes looking. He doesnt seem desperate enough to be looking to take whatever offer is just given to him.

Not the case at all.

7 minutes ago, sleeby said:

So many here now want the brown's garbage.  Amazing.  Two games in a rebuilding year and it's come to this?

Sounds like he has an injury and is expected to fail his next drug test.  Why bother with the circus?  Is he a part of season 2021?  No?  Then don't waste the time.

McD has been very clearly removing these types.from the locker room as I see it.

He might just be getting back from a suspension in 2021........

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case at all.

You sure about that?

They just decided before week 2 that this talented WR they have been very patient with for years and are finally getting back on the field isnt worth keeping now? The report when it was announced they were looking to release him was that it appeared he may have been relapsing 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case at all.

I know Rapoport has said that they're strictly releasing him because of his injury or whatever, but the initial reports were indeed that the team doctors suspected he had relapsed.

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I know Rapoport has said that they're strictly releasing him because of his injury or whatever, but the initial reports were indeed that the team doctors suspected he had relapsed.

substantiation please.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case at all.

It is the case. Team doctors felt he wasn't himself, and either had or was on the verge of relapsing. Not saying he will, but he has literally drugged himself out of 2 colleges and the pros at this point.

18 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

He might just be getting back from a suspension in 2021........

You sure about that?

They just decided before week 2 that this talented WR they have been very patient with for years and are finally getting back on the field isnt worth keeping now? The report when it was announced they were looking to release him was that it appeared he may have been relapsing 

It's a new GM, Dorsey. This isn't the same front office. The reports are that this wasn't a 3 strikes scenario, it was a 1 strick and he showed up late to the walk through on Saturday and mentioned his hamstring was sore. Doctors examined him and ruled him out for Sunday. It's possible Dorsey had had enough.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It's a new GM, Dorsey. This isn't the same front office. The reports are that this wasn't a 3 strikes scenario, it was a 1 strick and he showed up late to the walk through on Saturday and mentioned his hamstring was sore. Doctors examined him and ruled him out for Sunday. It's possible Dorsey had had enough.

.....And they noticed that he was odd and believed he may have relapsed again. 

Of course the team is just going to say that there is no concern with drugs so he wont be suspended, that's going to significantly impact a trade market for him as they are believed to be more likely to trade him then just release him.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

If you will take a flyer on Cupcake Coleman and not Josh Gordon then you’re doing it all wrong. Offer up a conditional 5th and get his crazy ass in Buffalo. It will be worth the entertainment either way. 

Coleman at least is able to be on the field to play. With Gordon theres a very good chance your only going to have him on the field until his appeal is denied by the league. Fans wanted to run Dareus out of here cause his next strike would be a big one, and now think it's stupid not to give up an asset to obtain a guy who is 99% likely to be out again for another year when he fails a drug test again?

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

.....And they noticed that he was odd and believed he may have relapsed again. 

Of course the team is just going to say that there is no concern with drugs so he wont be suspended, that's going to significantly impact a trade market for him as they are believed to be more likely to trade him then just release him.

Coleman at least is able to be on the field to play. With Gordon theres a very good chance your only going to have him on the field until his appeal is denied by the league. Fans wanted to run Dareus out of here cause his next strike would be a big one, and now think it's stupid not to give up an asset to obtain a guy who is 99% likely to be out again for another year when he fails a drug test again?

Keyword you’re missing, conditional.  

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Keyword you’re missing, conditional.  

It's still going to end up being a pick/asset to take him on. I dont think the league approved any trades that have a condition that would not result in the team that is giving up the player not get a return from the other team.

Edited by apuszczalowski

23 minutes ago, cle23 said:

It is the case. Team doctors felt he wasn't himself, and either had or was on the verge of relapsing. Not saying he will, but he has literally drugged himself out of 2 colleges and the pros at this point.

I linked the report in thread, but if it is the case then explain the high interest on the trade market for his services. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The guy has caught less than 20 passes in the last 4 years. Pick him or not, don’t care personally. But I think the chances of him helping Allen develop or helping our offense are exaggerated. As someone who follows the Browns rather closely, I believe the chances of him going back to his rehab in Florida, retiring, or getting suspended If the Billls trade for him are far greater than him having a positive impact on Allen, the offense, or the team. 

They need to make a 30 for 30 on him soon.  I would watch for sure.

42 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Exactly

There is no more “suspended” again. If he fails another test he’s banned from the league for good. Nothing really points to that not happening. 

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To trade for him is probably a wasted draft pick....but so would a late rounder in the draft most of the time.

If you traded for him hoping for the best and expecting the worst I dont see why not

The difference between Gordon and that late round pick is that you really don’t know what you’re getting with the drafted player. You know exactly what Gordon’s body of work entails. 

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's still going to end up being a pick/asset to take him on. I dont think the league approved any trades that have a condition that would not result in the team that is giving up the player not get a return from the other team.

Sure if you consider a 7th round pick a valuable asset. 

I haven’t seen anyone mention how it may benefit Gordon from getting away from Hue Jackson and the circus he runs. Gordon has been his own worst nightmare but a change of scenery may be the best thing for him. 

The Browns also said they want to trade him out of the AFC and potential targets are rumored to be Cowboys and 49ers. A “legit” pick is expected. For verification google his name. It’s all over Twitter. 

Throwing a a conditional pick isn’t going to happen so might as well quit the argument. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The difference between Gordon and that late round pick is that you really don’t know what you’re getting with the drafted player. You know exactly what Gordon’s body of work entails. 

You know your getting a guy who has spent more time suspended then on the playing field and could be very close to another one.

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

substantiation please.

From Mary Kay Cabot:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/josh_gordon_4.html

The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was "not himself," league sources told cleveland.com...Team doctors examined him, and in addition to the tweaked hamstring, there was concern that perhaps he was struggling again with his sobriety or on the verge of relapsing, sources said.

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention how it may benefit Gordon from getting away from Hue Jackson and the circus he runs. Gordon has been his own worst nightmare but a change of scenery may be the best thing for him. 

Wasnt he there for the coaches before Jackson also? Doesnt seem like anything has changed for him.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Probably fake news.......

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

You know your getting a guy who has spent more time suspended then on the playing field and could be very close to another one.

You are getting a guy who has literally never shown he has what it takes to succeed as a player in college or the pros. 

Prodigious physical talent. 

ZERO ability to apply it on any consistent basis whatsoever. 

But yeah, all he needs is a change of scenery to finally get it. 

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If the Doctors suspect it....it might have wheels.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You are getting a guy who has literally never shown he has what it takes to succeed as a player in college or the pros. 

Buffalo is the perfect place to be for a player struggling with sobriety.  

• Haha (+1) 3

This is a hail mary or onside kick to try to win the game. It isn't a great chance to succeed but you try, knowing it isn't great because it gives you a chance. An onside kick, surprisingly (I just looked it up) works about 20% of the team when the team is expecting it. This isn't going to hurt the team one bit if it flames out, and it's a grand slam win in talent and reclamation project if it does. So far, it's worked out 33% of the seasons with the Browns. None lately, although in his first game with no training camp he scored a TD on a great catch to tie the game with two minutes to go, and should have had one or even two other TDs. So there is that.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Not thumbing my nose at the idea of acquiring WR help as we need it more than any team out there. I’m simply saying “pass” on certain wideouts. That may sound like being a choosy beggar, but I believe adding certain players just isn’t worth the trouble down the road

WHAT TROUBLE is so dangerous?

The Bills have been outscored 78-23 in 2 games and you're worried about Culture. 

Insane. 

The Bills and the fans deserve what they get sending Zay Jones and half-hearted Benjamin on the field week after week.

Oh no, Dez might get an unsportsman like. Josh Gordon may been suspended. Who cares? More playing time for Ray-Ray McCloud. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

WHAT TROUBLE is so dangerous?

The Bills have been outscored 78-23 in 2 games and you're worried about Culture. 

Insane. 

The Bills and the fans deserve what they get sending Zay Jones and half-hearted Benjamin on the field week after week.

Oh no, Dez might get an unsportsman like. Josh Gordon may been suspended. Who cares? More playing time for Ray-Ray McCloud. 

Never mind. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Never mind. 

There is no case for sitting there and not trying to get better at WR. 

Our leading WR is Zay Jones with 89 yards in a league where numerous teams are scoring 30+ with ease. 

Our Coach and GM is obsessed on this choir boy culture that does not differentiate us from anybody else in the league. 

Next week will be awesome to watch with Murphy, Benjamin and Charles Clay leading the way against the Vikings. Should be fun to watch them compete with Cousins, Cook and Diggs. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I can’t believe anyone is naive enough to think he would “help Allen develop”. What evidence is there with the  QBs he has been with over the years in Cleveland where he has not only NOT helped them develop, but has not done anything but let them down and contribute to the dysfunction? He had one good season with a fill in Qb. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

There is no case for sitting there and not trying to get better at WR. 

Our leading WR is Zay Jones with 89 yards in a league where numerous teams are scoring 30+ with ease. 

Our Coach and GM is obsessed on this choir boy culture that does not differentiate us from anybody else in the league. 

Next week will be awesome to watch with Murphy, Benjamin and Charles Clay leading the way against the Vikings. Should be fun to watch them compete with Cousins, Cook and Diggs. 

You’re right. There’s no case to be made for trying not to improve the WR situation. 

There is quite a case to be made for not seeking that improvement in certain players. 

We disagree on that. That simple. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t believe anyone is naive enough to think he would “help Allen develop”. What evidence is there with the  QBs he has been with over the years in Cleveland where he has not only NOT helped them develop, but has not done anything but let them down and contribute to the dysfunction? He had one good season with a fill in Qb. 

I don’t get it either. This is the last player I want trying to help Allen develop for all the reasons I would think are self evident. People can’t get past the eye candy I guess.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You’re right. There’s no case to be made for trying not to improve the WR situation. 

There is quite a case to be made for not seeking that improvement in certain players. 

We disagree on that. That simple. 

I don’t get it either. This is the last player I want trying to help Allen develop for all the reasons I would think are self evident. People can’t get past the eye candy I guess.

I know three things about Josh Gordon.

His atrocious record with Baylor, the league, weed, suspensions, the Browns, availability, etc. One of worst ever.

His outrageous skills and production when playing with Baylor, the Browns, the league, etc. One of very best in league. Top 5.

Contrary to popular belief, he is a thoughtful guy, not at all a thug, not a jerk, not as one would assume he is if you take the time to learn a lot about him.

What I don't know is how he is in practice and around his teammates. it seems as though he tries when he is there. I think, but I don't know at all, that his teammates liked him. I haven't seen stories to the opposite.

To me he is Terrell Owens. A lot of fans hated him and his antics. To me, he worked his ass off, blocked well, never took plays off, and when he was traded to the Bills was a model citizen, even though I know and knew for sure he did some outrageously stupid things in the past.

He can help Josh a lot by getting open, getting deep, taking the defense's focus off other receivers, making plays, scoring TDs, etc. He did it for Tyrod in his only game this year. IF he is a player who tries in practice and isn't a jerk. I don't know that he is a locker room or practice player cancer at all.

And I know it's a 10% chance he plays, plays the whole season for anyone, and does well. I'll take that chance considering we have Andre Holmes as our #3.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

How valuable has Gordon been for the Browns? 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i don't know that, 'perhaps' is definitive. nor is, 'on the verge'.

making claims that are derfinitive based upon that is ill advised at best. 

So if their doctors examined him and think he's on the brink of relapse, you don't believe them?

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

... So if their doctors examined him and think he's on the brink of relapse, you don't believe them?

i know enough to never try to understand the demons that plague another being. nor the strength of that particular person and where they may be in their quest.

if one wanted to say that the chances are not good , that is an entirely different ball of wax. i just know that you never want to count someone out completely.

Edited by Foxx

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean, to be fair, it was better than "one good season"

It was a pretty epic season, 1600+ yards in 14 games, led the league in yards and yards per game.

His qbs were split between jason campbell and brandon weeden.

having said that, he's washed.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Thats like the thread about firing McD because he ALMOST cost a playoff berth

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How valuable has Gordon been for the Browns? 

So if their doctors examined him and think he's on the brink of relapse, you don't believe them?

Valuable enough to wait on him. 

And what Drs said that not one Mart Cabot post said anything about Doctors