Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

We have a tall slow guy in his contract year that doesn't want to try, a guy who catches with the back of his hands like a sea lion who had to literally be talked off a ledge, another tall guy whose very best quality as a WR is he's good on special teams, a 6th round rookie who's hurt and a guy who didn't even start in college.

Yeah, we don't need Josh freakin' Gordon. He'd ruin the WR room if not the whole team!

If it's questionable if he'll be able to play or get into a bunch of **** and not it makes sense. A body is better than nothing. If they can get him with a deal where if he screws up he doesn't get much then sure give him a chance to redeem himself.

I have not read the previous 8 pages of posts, but I cannot help but feel sorry for the guy.

I think of someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman who had so much talent and a beautiful family, but yet, the pull of something that he had not done in so long was too much for him and his life (and those of people around him) was ruined.

Just think of the football team you could put together of all the players who destroyed/limited their careers with such things as drugs, attitude, greed, crime, abuse of females, laziness, and murder: Bryant, Gordon, Jones, Haynesworth, Marinovich, what's his name in prison for murdering his pregnant girlfriend in NC, etc. etc. etc.

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Just think of the football team you could put together of all the players who destroyed/limited their careers with such things as drugs, attitude, greed, crime, abuse of females, laziness, and murder: Bryant, Gordon, Jones, Haynesworth, Marinovich, what's his name in prison for murdering his pregnant girlfriend in NC, etc. etc. etc.

Thinking of making a longest yard remake?

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Bryant?

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did he fail a test?

No, but if he showed up to practice high then it's pretty obvious after more than 5 years he can't get his act together.  I wouldn't trade anything above a 6th round pick for him.

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He can be a really interesting guy and not a jerk, but if he can’t control his addiction and be all in and all there for his team, he isn’t very valuable as a football player

I’m sure it’s not the same folks, but I’m amused that people complain about Watkins (always hurt) and Clay (disappears except against Miami) and Benjamin (appears occasionally when he feels energized or something) but want to bring in a guy who hasn’t been there for his team except sporadically.  How would that differ?

Well I think you'll find that the "worth a shot" crowd......of which I am a part......isn't all that mad at Watkins, Clay or even Benjamin.

Gordon differs from Clay and Benjamin in that when he steps on the field.........even after years away from the game........he was an instant matchup advantage and makes plays.   Hell he scored a TD last week and would have had another if Tyrod didn't under throw him.

Clay is an afterthought to me at this point.    They signed him after decades of woeful TE play and you can expect to overpay for proven talent early in FA.    Doctors blew the physical or something because he was damaged goods.  They overpaid but they had proven inept at finding and developing talent and needed him to play the Walker role in Roman's offense.

Benjamin was well worth trading a 3rd round pick for........he's just not well suited to be the #1 WR for a good passing offense.    He's a tweener who needs matchup advantages.    He's a bit like Jimmy Graham.......you can pretty much stop him cold by putting a #1 corner on him.     People will say the same about Watkins because he wasn't targeted in LA last year when he faced a murders row of shutdown corners and McVay chose to let Goff annihilate greater matchups afforded the rest of the WR corps...........but as Bandit has pointed out frequently the numbers show that when targeted Watkins was elite with the Bills.      

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No, but if he showed up to practice high then it's pretty obvious after more than 5 years he can't get his act together.  I wouldn't trade anything above a 6th round pick for him.

But he didnt. There isnt anything out there that said that. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Agreed. Though, even as someone good with the move, I’d have a pretty low cap in how high I’d go with the pick I offered. 

The 5th from McCarrom deal is as high as i go. Actually. 

I also likely would have signed Martavis Bryant two weeks ago too 

Edited by MAJBobby

18 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Rae Carruth

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have not read the previous 8 pages of posts, but I cannot help but feel sorry for the guy.

I think of someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman who had so much talent and a beautiful family, but yet, the pull of something that he had not done in so long was too much for him and his life (and those of people around him) was ruined.

Hmm, Philip Seymour Hoffman (Rochester native btw) had an accomplished, prolific career for over 20 years.. But I see what you're saying;  there are about 50 famous musicians who fall into this category, and as it was for Hoffman, heroine is usually the vice that causes it.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

They just gave a guy who didn't cut it in Cleveland a chance, and when he flamed out they got blasted for taking that shot.  And now a guy with a drug history and you think that will be the answer?

Foll me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Actually I blasted and many Blasted them for Not waiting LONGER on Coleman 

• Like (+1) 2

They just gave a guy who didn't cut it in Cleveland a chance, and when he flamed out they got blasted for taking that shot.  And now a guy with a drug history and you think that will be the answer?

Just because it's the same team? So if he were on the Falcons you would do it but not the Browns?

Just because it's the same team? So if he were on the Falcons you would do it but not the Browns?

I would not bring in a guy like Gordon with his history regardless of what team he comes from.  I feel for the kid, but how many chances does he get?

He got released for the same reason he did in Cleveland.  Couldn't run the plays.  

So ot has NOTHING to do with what you just said. No on bashed them for taking the chance like you said unless your projecting again?

I would not bring in a guy like Gordon with his history regardless of what team he comes from.  I feel for the kid, but how many chances does he get?

What did he FAIL another test?

Then why did you say fool me once shame on you, etc, and reference Coleman as if it were the Browns as why you wouldnt do it again? Just curious to the reasoning, not trying to give you ****.

We all know he is gonna be a cowboy.

Jerrah’s WRs are maybe worse than ours. And Jerrah don’t give no f’s about taking a lottery ticket...that’s how he made his billions in the oil game.

that said, I hope we beat that sack of leather to the punch and get Gordon bc he is uber talented and probably would do well with a no nonsense coach like McD compared to what he has dealt with his entire Browns career. Hue Jackson is the Michael Scott of the NFL.

Then why did you say fool me once shame on you, etc, and reference Coleman as if it were the Browns as why you wouldnt do it again? Just curious to the reasoning, not trying to give you ****.

Maybe I shouldn't have emphasized the Browns, and focused on bringing in problem child WRs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yea- it was a dumb trade to accept his guaranteed dollars and then apparently expect him to immediately flip a switch. You only get Coleman if you are keeping him the year barring him getting worse. 

If Gordon was high, I’d pass, but if he tweaked a hammy filming a promo shoot and ran a few minutes late on his way to confirming he’d be out... I grant a little more leeway.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So ot has NOTHING to do with what you just said. No on bashed them for taking the chance like you said unless your projecting again?

What did he FAIL another test?

I read he showed up at practice with a problem.  Don't know if it was drugs.  If it is he's probably gone anyway; league would say enough.

There is nothing over the last few years to say this kid really is interested in playing football.