Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m really starting to think it’s Mack.  I know it’s crazy, but it just makes too much sense.  I think we’d likely lose our 2019 1st as part of the deal, but I am okay with that.

He’d be mighty expensive, but we’ll have lots of cap space. More importantly, it’s not MY money! Losing a 2019 first for a guy you know can actually play in the NFL is a no-brainer that beats the heck out of the annual spring crap shoot. I won’t get myself too excited, but I am curious about what the actual trade cost and cap hit would look like. 

21 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Not to be a dick or anything but my buddy’s girlfriends dad’s sister’s baby momma just saw T.O. at the Buffalo airport

So you are just being a little dick then?............lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Look....I know like everyone else here nothing is going to happen, especially with Mack, but just to stir the pot a bit, listen to the end of this interview with Beane from last week.  Tasker brings up Mack and the fact that he didn't report to camp and that he could be unhappy.  Beane laughs it off a bit before saying he can't comment on another player's status and quickly changes the topic.  But just kicks, the question does seem to catch him off guard.  Around the 13:33 mark.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/07-27-brandon-beane-one-bills-live

Again.....this is just for fun since the rest of the topic has gone off on a Mack pipe dream.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look....I know like everyone else here nothing is going to happen, especially with Mack, but just to stir the pot a bit, listen to the end of this interview with Beane from last week.  Tasker brings up Mack and the fact that he didn't report to camp and that he could be unhappy.  Beane laughs it off a bit before saying he can't comment on another player's status and quickly changes the topic.  But just kicks, the question does seem to catch him off guard.  Around the 13:33 mark.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/07-27-brandon-beane-one-bills-live

Again.....this is just for fun since the rest of the topic has gone off on a Mack pipe dream.

I think its tampering to discuss another player under contract, probably why he changed the subject. 

CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

These wildly delicious loaded chips bring New Orleans into your kitchen...and with the Super Bowl in the Big Easy just days away, this finger-food snack will get the party started! The homemade cheese sauce is made better with beer and Cajun seasoning, and the toppings make the nachos irresistible.
  •  
  • Ready in:10 minutes
  • Serves:8
  • Complexity:easy
  • Origin:Appetizers
CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

INGREDIENTS

• 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
  • 1 red or yellow bell pepper
  • 1 pound Andouille sausage, sliced
  • One 4-ounce can La Victoria Fire-Roasted Diced Green Chiles
  • 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3/4 cup beer (or beef broth)
  • 12 cups tortilla chips
  • For Garnish: Halved Teardrop tomatoes, Chopped Green Onions and Sour Cream
  • Salt & freshly ground pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the Andouille. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, or until the mixture begins to turn golden. Stir in the green chiles. Set aside and keep warm.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, cornstarch and Cajun seasoning and mix well. In a saucepot, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the beer and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add a handful of cheese at a time, stirring constantly, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing the cheese to completely melt between additions.
  3. To serve, arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter. Spoon the hot cheese sauce over the chips. Top with the Andouille mixture. Garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with scenario 2 - Matthews and a 2019 1st and 2nd.  For the Bills, that would equate to: 2019 1st and 2nd and Hughes.

22 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

These wildly delicious loaded chips bring New Orleans into your kitchen...and with the Super Bowl in the Big Easy just days away, this finger-food snack will get the party started! The homemade cheese sauce is made better with beer and Cajun seasoning, and the toppings make the nachos irresistible.
  •  
CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

INGREDIENTS

• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 12 cups tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the Andouille. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, or until the mixture begins to turn golden. Stir in the green chiles. Set aside and keep warm.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, cornstarch and Cajun seasoning and mix well. In a saucepot, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the beer and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add a handful of cheese at a time, stirring constantly, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing the cheese to completely melt between additions.
  3. To serve, arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter. Spoon the hot cheese sauce over the chips. Top with the Andouille mixture. Garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream.

Captain...you just plain "get it"...I mean everything.

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

I think its tampering to discuss another player under contract, probably why he changed the subject. 

It is.....  Like I said, I was just messing around.  A lot of people on here are getting way to excited about something that won't happen.  I just thought I would add some fuel to their fire for fun.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

You can't see it, but I'm hitting F5.

I heard it though. tap a atap tap tap

you are keeping the neighbors awake

and concerned.
sounded like morse code for awhile there

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

•  
CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

INGREDIENTS

• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 12 cups tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS

First off.

I love this thread. and this is why. You folks are the best !
second

Captain ? I have been reading your occasional posts for a couple years now. and this one belies that you are in your prime.

if you weren't married already ...

Edited by 3rdand12

8 minutes ago, WMDman said:

!@#$ what do you know lol, Just tell me its not KB

I can imagine Dean has something.
Not like him to make some pronouncement just to get us all a flutter. Hope some here don't get all bummed if it isn't K Mack .
but things can change

Maybe Astro is getting senile. he might be older than me by now .
Its likely the Corey pickup from the Browns. Just got his dates mixed up again

Would you be OK with the Bills trading a first round pick and then signing him to a big extension considering our pick will be top 10 next year most likely?

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I agree with scenario 2 - Matthews and a 2019 1st and 2nd.  For the Bills, that would equate to: 2019 1st and 2nd and Hughes.

I think Hughes and Bills 2019 1st rounder trumps any of those Green Bay offers.  This is where everybody predicting Bills as a 4 or 5 win team actually helps us.  And Hughes has 2 years and $13m left on his deal.  His sack numbers are down but that’s a team friendly deal for a guy who pressures the QB.  

17 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

First off.

I love this thread. and this is why. You folks are the best !
second

Captain ? I have been reading your occasional posts for a couple years now. and this one belies that you are in your prime.

if you weren't married already ...

Im posting in midseason form and it's only August. Must be a contract year!

• Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Hughes and Bills 2019 1st rounder trumps any of those Green Bay offers.  This is where everybody predicting Bills as a 4 or 5 win team actually helps us.  And Hughes has 2 years and $13m left on his deal.  His sack numbers are down but that’s a team friendly deal for a guy who pressures the QB.  

My offer would be:

Jerry Hughes+

2019 Top 5 protected 1st round pick and a 2020 2nd round pick

if the Bills are in the top 5 in the draft next year, then:

Bills 2020 1st round pick and 2019 2nd