Tyrod Taylor Thanks Buffalo

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It really is a shame that TT has more class then some of our fans......not mentioning any names

Wait! -It gets better!... -I feel like a 20 pound weight just got lifted off my scrotum... (*sighing) Aaaaaaahhhhhhh....

Edited by #34fan

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It is bittersweet because I love the trade and I think the Bills could do better at QB,  but I absolutely love Tyrod as a person and since he was the QB to help us end the drought, he will always have a place in the hearts of many Bills fans, including me.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Nothing but respect for the guy. I hope you do well in Cleveland. He could still help the Bills by stealing some wins from Baltimore and Pittsburgh and helping our playoff chances indirectly.

He dealt with some crap during his time here, and he took it in stride and remained a professional. Thank you Tyrod for giving it your all- best wishes.

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Tyrod was exactly the same quarter back in his final start as he was in his first. Tyrod never progressed. That’s where Tyrod lost me. If I could say I witnessed improvement it would be one thing, but I didn’t. The ball bounced the Bills way a few times this year and they got to 9-7 and made the playoffs. Tyrod was the same this year as his last two. 

Good guy slightly below average quarterback. 

I sm glad the Bills don’t want to live in fear of what if and instead think they deserve better. 

Lets be fair here though...you say he never progressed...but lets look at what hand he was dealt here.

1. 2 Head Coaches - one of which was an idiot.
  2. 3 Offensive Coordinators - a couple of which were idiots
  3. His #1 WR mostly injured the entire 3 years and the rest of the rag tag crew was always changing.
    1. Watkins last healthy play with TT was in 2016 for final 9 games...during which he was one of the top 5 producing WR's in the NFL.
    2. Jordan Matthews - Basically didn't play.
    3. Kelvin Benjamin - Literally hurt most his time as a Bill
    4. Secondary WR's who had to be #1 guys - Goodwin, Woods, and Zay all basically either were hurt, played hurt, or flat out blew it out there (looking at you Zay).
  4. OL - Pass Protection has done him no favors, and best guy frequently in and out of the lineup with injuries.  
  5. Run First team his whole time here.
  6. Played hurt himself at times.
  7. Clay dealt with injuries (and effort problems)

Despite all that: 

1. TT led the Bills to one of the highest scoring offenses of 2016 while he played (top 5 in his 15 starts)
  2. 2015 and 2016 were the two highest scoring years in Bills history outside the first 3 SB years
  3. He made multiple Pro Bowls
  4. He had a winning record
  5. He led the Bills to their first playoff birth despite McD's one big mistake of starting Peterman against Chargers while Bills were entering as the 6th seed and LAC were coming off 3 game losing streak

So...I get he had not become the QB that can carry a team, but he still accomplished quite a lot as a Bill despite some pretty harsh conditions and things working against him.  And despite all the over exaggerated hate here, I kept saying he is way more respected around the NFL than he is by fans here...and the Browns just further proved that giving the first pick in the 3rd for him when all his haters said he couldn't fetch even a 5th.  

THANKS FOR BREAKING THE STREAK AND ALWAYS LEAVING IT ALL ON THE FIELD TYROD!  And thanks for all the work you put into to this team for us fans to try and be the best you could.  I will be rooting for you to succeed in Cleveland, you are a total class act and one of the toughest QB's I have ever seen in a Bills uniform.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like Orangeman said........show some respect and stop being such a dickhead.......the guy broke the drought stop acting like he banged your wife and pissed in your cornflakes on his way out.   Blame the people who didn't put a QB on the field that you liked.........namely guys like Rex/Whaley/McD.    No excuses anymore they got piles of ammo if they whiff it's likely the guillotine for McD and Beane.   Chips are on the table no more hedging.

You have a ton of misplaced anger my friend. I said Tyrod was a good person just not a very good quarterback.  Glad he played for the Bills but also glad to see Beane get the 65th pick for him. I am not nor have I been one of the people wanting Tyrod to fail. 

Name calling isn’t necessary here or anywhere else. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lets be fair here though...you say he never progressed...but lets look at what hand he was dealt here.

3. His #1 WR mostly injured the entire 3 years and the rest of the rag tag crew was always changing.
    1. Watkins last healthy play with TT was in 2016 for final 9 games...during which he was one of the top 5 producing WR's in the NFL.
    4. Secondary WR's who had to be #1 guys - Goodwin, Woods, and Zay all basically either were hurt, played hurt, or flat out blew it out there (looking at you Zay).
  4. OL - Pass Protection has done him no favors, and best guy frequently in and out of the lineup with injuries.  

Despite all that: 

1. TT led the Bills to one of the highest scoring offenses of 2016 while he played (top 5 in his 15 starts)
  2. 2015 and 2016 were the two highest scoring years in Bills history outside the first 3 SB years
  5. He led the Bills to their first playoff birth despite McD's one big mistake of starting Peterman against Chargers while Bills were entering as the 6th seed and LAC were coming off 3 game losing streak

So...I get he had not become the QB that can carry a team, but he still accomplished quite a lot as a Bill despite some pretty harsh conditions and things working against him.  And despite all the over exaggerated hate here, I kept saying he is way more respected around the NFL than he is by fans here...and the Browns just further proved that giving the first pick in the 3rd for him when all his haters said he couldn't fetch even a 5th.  

THANKS FOR BREAKING THE STREAK AND ALWAYS LEAVING IT ALL ON THE FIELD TYROD!  And thanks for all the work you put into to this team for us fans to try and be the best you could.  I will be rooting for you to succeed in Cleveland, you are a total class act and one of the toughest QB's I have ever seen in a Bills uniform.  

I agree with a lot of the things you said here. I do not hate Tyrod at all. I wanted him to be the Bills quarter back and be the answer to that position. I am grateful for how he represented the team and worked very hard to be the quarterback.  It appears he will get to go to another team and have a chance to start. Tyrod will have a long career in the NFL. Tyrod proved he can play in this league at the hardest position, that’s a very valuable skill. Teams also know they are getting a good guy and a leader. If Ryan Fitzpatrick can keep getting contracts than Tyrod will too. 

Thank you Tyrod this fan base hated you from the beginning which seems common.   You played with heart and gave us some great excitement unfortunately your unwillingness to throw the ball to a spot did you in.   Good luck in the future.

A chapter has ended. Tyrod was an exciting player and true professional. I'll never forget his elusive scrambles and magic trick plays. I wish things would have worked out here in Buffalo but this is the way of the world.

I hope to see him do well in Cleveland. Either way, he made his money, broke our drought and made his name as a QB in this league. Thank you for being a man that I was proud to follow and root for. Be well! 

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

best of luck, Tyrod. you couldn't have landed in a better place for your concerns. Hue will get the most out of you. thank you for all you have done on Buffalo's behalf.

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Tyrod is better than given credit for. He was a better QB than Fitzpatrick was yet everyone loved Fitz, even though their styles were the opposite. Wish him the best in Cleveland, I will be rooting for the Browns this year.

GO BILLS!!

Fitz has a better beard ;)

Leader of men, dedicated athlete and true professional.  He was part of the reason we made the playoffs and for that I'm thankful.

Having said that, he reached near the top of his ceiling and it was time to move on.

Good luck TT

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like Orangeman said........show some respect and stop being such a dickhead.......the guy broke the drought stop acting like he banged your wife and pissed in your cornflakes on his way out.   Blame the people who didn't put a QB on the field that you liked.........namely guys like Rex/Whaley/McD.    No excuses anymore they got piles of ammo if they whiff it's likely the guillotine for McD and Beane.   Chips are on the table no more hedging.

You're getting a little emotional here pal.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Despite all that: 

The Tyrod Ministry of Propganda is hiring in Cleveland, send in your application!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Played the race card how?

https://www.google.com/amp/billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/14/bills-tyrod-taylor-believes-hes-held-to-a-higher-standard-because-hes-african-american/amp/

Adios, bumski 

9 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You're getting a little emotional here pal.

10/10 meltdown with D Head drop for Badolbilz ????

11 hours ago, berg1029 said:

A high third (first pick of third round, if I'm not mistaken) is a lot to give up for someone that you are just auditioning, unless you are entertaining serious hopes that they can be the man

Firstly,  Tyrod only has ONE year left on his contract.

Secondly, The Browns will be terrible if they ignore QB in a  QB Rich draft and are getting to run by with TT for the next few years.

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Thanks Tyrod and good luck!

Though I soured on him as a QB, I've always liked & respected him as a person.

Best of luck going forward, unfortunately it's with the Browns. Hope you end up doing SOMETHING for that franchise.

+1

Plus he beat the curse of us missing the playoffs

5 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

The Tyrod Ministry of Propganda is hiring in Cleveland, send in your application!

Still always working over time to be an internet deuche.  Keep us posted on how that’s working for ya in life ;)

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2