Have you ever been less excited for a SB?

Process

I haven't truly cared about the SB in years since the Bills haven't been to one in over 20 years.

But as an NFL fan in general hard not to be interested in this one knowing the Patriots are about to win 3 out of 4 superbowls for the 2nd time in NFL history and set new NFL records in the process for essentially becoming a dynasty twice under the same head coach/QB.

12 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I haven't truly cared about the SB in years since the Bills haven't been to one in over 20 years.

But as an NFL fan in general hard not to be interested in this one knowing the Patriots are about to win 3 out of 4 superbowls for the 2nd time in NFL history and set new NFL records in the process for essentially becoming a dynasty twice under the same head coach/QB.

You're prevaricating on the first declaration, goading with the second.  Lots of folks round here don't credit the double-dipping dynasty with victories free of cheating and blatant ref bias.  Naturally, the bandwagon Pats* fans dismiss grumbling as envy, but I surmise much of the NFL ratings decline is due more to general disgust with obvious inequity than changes in viewing platforms or outrage over the anthem, etc.  But have fun watching your team vs. the city that booed Santa Clause.  Nice lot the both of you.

• Like (+1) 2

Same here. I'll be watching, but I don't care at all. First year I can recall feeling that way. Why, it's hard to say. I mean, the Patriots have been a staple at the SB!

But come on at this being a predetermined scripted game! Sure I too feel the Cheatriots buy off some refs and have benefited from weird calls and overall favoritism, but the Eagles winning, just like when the Giants spoiled the perfect season, is much better for the NFL. I'm sensing a lot of people at large are uninterested because the Patriots have gone "from great to greedy" by going for a 6th one. Weird but most likely accurate. And  the allure of the commercials has lost a lot of its glitter with the web and all.

Edited by Jerome007

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

I'm with you. Only way is if my wife ends up watching (I highly doubt that!) and it happens to be on the TV.

So you won't watch even though there is a chance that the eagles could upset the Patriots? Just knowing frank Reich is part of the eagles makes me wanna watch and route for them. Plus who didn't love Shwartz when he was here? It wouldn't give you a little satisfaction to see these guys upset the Patriots? 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I was thinking it would be a good game at first then I remembered what the Pats used to do with Jim Schwartz' defense here when he was with the Bills, I think the Eagles will keep it close at first but will have the game won by odd officiating calls and non-calls on the Pats** O-line by the end of the 3rd quarter.

added how it would be won.  ! 

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I hated both of those teams, and could not muster the strength to cheer for anyone in that game.

Luckily I have a soft spot for the Seahawks (mainly because seattle is a wonderful city, but also acquainted with Sherman). I'm probably the only one outside that fan base who feels that way though lol. 

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

So you won't watch even though there is a chance that the eagles could upset the Patriots? Just knowing frank Reich is part of the eagles makes me wanna watch and route for them. Plus who didn't love Shwartz when he was here? It wouldn't give you a little satisfaction to see these guys upset the Patriots? 

Nope. Highlights will be readily available. I would get tons of satisfaction out of the Eagles beat the Patriots. But that's not going to change whether I watch it or not.

Edited by CLTbills

I remember being really not excited for the St. Louis Rams vs. New England Patriots Super Bowl. I'm not sure why, but I was already sick of St. Louis being a dominant team and hated seeing them back in the Super Bowl for the second time in three years. And, while the Patriots hate was not as strong way back then, I definitely did not want to see them in or winning a SB.

Oddly enough, some of my favorite "old" football to watch now aside from Buffalo is those Greatest Show on Turf St. Louis teams. Some of the players on those teams were all time greats.

I wish it was Wentz under center, but I'm still pretty excited for the Eagles actually. I hope they somehow find a way to absolutely embarrass NE. Not likely, but one can dream.

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Nope. Highlights will be readily available. I would get tons of satisfaction out of the Eagles beat the Patriots. But that's not going to change whether I watch it or not.

My thoughts exactly.  That's what I did after the Giants beat the Pats and I didn't watch those games either.

It's always been an event for me, the way chicks think of the Oscars;  nothing could interfere.  This year, I won't intentionally keep the TV off if I'm home, but I won't be sitting with rapt attention like every other Super Bowl since I was about 7.   This year it'll be more like background noise while knocking things off the honey-do list.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It's always been an event for me, the way chicks think of the Oscars;  nothing could interfere.  This year, I won't intentionally keep the TV off if I'm home, but I won't be sitting with rapt attention like every other Super Bowl since I was about 7.   This year it'll be more like background noise while knocking things off the honey-do list.

Should you be in the euphemism thread?

• Like (+1) 1

I generally don't enjoy Superbowls and so I probably have felt this "off" before.

But I get the OP's point; my enthusiasm for the game is close to zero.

I will watch however!  I'll tune in to see the National Anthem and then watch the game for as long as it is interesting or competitive.  If NE gets a big lead, I'll do other things.

8 hours ago, corta765 said:

Truthfully the faster its over the quicker I get to the Bills doing exciting things like FA and the Draft so yea I could care less let NE win by 80 and hopefully BB or Brady retires haha

I am looking forward to it being over because the Pats coaching staff may get split up among several other teams.  That will be interesting to see.

...some pretty interesting nuances to watch... a formidable Schwartz led defense versus Pats....who adjusts or counters bigger or better, Belichick or Schwartz?........let's see what OC Frank Reich has in store offensively with Foles and Frank's development as an OC.....sure as hell beats watching the Weather Channel or a can of Sherwin Williams dry......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I have no interest in the hype, lead up, etc.  I have not and will not watch any of the coverage.  Once kickoff comes, I will watch.  Although I don't love the matchup and I detest both fanbases, I am a football junkie and this is the last game to see for months.  Also, although I am not a fan of Philly teams, I like some of the Philly coaches.  Pederson seems like a decent guy and a good coach, and I would like to see Reich and Schwartz win a SB.  Finally, I look forward to getting together with friends, eating, drinking, etc.  It's an event and an excuse to be social on a Sunday evening, when I might otherwise be doing something around the house that is not fun. 

20 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I believe it will be the 1st one I'm not going to watch. Just don't really care.

I wasn't going to watch but as it gets closer I think I will continue the tradition of watching. If Pats go up big, just turn it off.  I've watched all of them starting with IV.

I'm contemplating not even watching.  I'll probably end up caving....but to answer your question....No.

I could care less.  As I get older, I find myself caring less and less about football games outside of Bills games in general.  

I guess the question really is ... When do you reach your saturation point in regards to the patriots ? ... To me, that happened a couple of years ago. In 2016 I watched two games involving the patriots, both against the Bills. This year I've watched one patriot game, that being the 1st game against the Bills. Watching them and the BS calls against their opponents and what should be called against the patriots that aren't called... Saturation point reached ... Eff this, It's no longer fun, saturation point exceeded.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Eagles are one of the best overall teams in years. Very well Coached and tons of talent on both sides of the ball. 
Rooting for the Eagles for both reasons. Hate the Patriots and their evil ways. Eagles have the better teams and  earned it .

That said.
I have no plans to watch. again.

Bills, baby..

that's all i care for

My breaking point has not been the Patriots.  It's been terrible and inconsistent officiating.  Maybe it isn't factual, but it certainly does seem like Tom Lady and the chicks out East get all the calls when it really matters.  I also can't stand the incessant whining.  I am sick of watching the cry Brady's smug face after every single play where the officials didn't make a call in his favor.  Definitely skipping it.

23 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I am sick of watching the cry Brady's smug face after every single play where the officials didn't make a call in his favor.  Definitely skipping it.

How is this any different from just about every WR in the NFL making the "throw the flag" gesture whenever they don't catch a pass? ;)

14 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

My only desire to see this game is to watch/hope that Brady and the bunch lose the game.

If Brady gets hurt, that would be a bonus.  I would go back and look for that on youtube.