Serious question. Did you guys actually think the Bills would win yesterday?

BillsFan130

15 minutes ago, flmike said:

I wonder if we would have even had the 90s Bills w/o the Greg Bell trade. 

Good question; but drafting in the 1980's produced some great players! But the Greg Bell trade seemed to set things in motion!

I would have been surprised if they pulled it off. But, they did about everything I thought they should to be in position to win the game. They took chances. Tyrod threw to KB. All they calls went the other way. They did have a chance of winning the game until the curse hit back. D had nothing in the 4th quarter. Nobody made them pay and they got trampled like usual

Edited by bmur66

I didn't believe we'd win until I saw the first half unfold.  I was yelling and my hopes were beginning to soar.  

But when Clay dropped that pass and KB was ruled out of bounds, all my enthusiasm drained out of me and I knew this would be just another Patriot heartbreaker.  

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

There seems to be a lot of negativity/frustration after the loss yesterday, but did you guys actually think the Bills were going to go to New England and win?

I didn’t. I know I caught slack from a lot of posters when I said the Bills had no chance, but it’s a sad truth they really can’t beat Brady in New England.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I did and I do!

I expect the Bills to win every game they play,Truly I do.

But when they don't,it on to the next game.

I've been that way from the first game the Bills played in this town,and I'll be that way until I attend that Great Super Bowl in the hereafter.

I can't imagine not having the Buffalo Bills to root for.

PS,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

Edited by Buffaloflash

I thought they might win when Benjamin made the TD catch.  I thought they would not be alllowed to win when it was taken away.

• Like (+1) 1

I expected a loss with Taylor at QB but with the way the WR's seemed to be getting separation Peterman was probably our best chance at a win. 

2 things we know for sure.

1. The Patriots we're going to score more than 28 points.

2. The Bills with Taylor at QB would lose if the Patriots scored 28.

So knowing these two things to be pretty much fact, why wouldn't you play the gunslinger QB in Peterman and see if he can carry the team to a win.

From schedule announcement I wasn’t betting a dollar straight up on the Bills and didn’t feel regret at any time during the game

they came out and shot their bolt and it wasn’t good enough, I was happy they didn’t crater until the 4th

• Like (+1) 1

All I know is that we were leading or tied for over 40 minutes and then a couple of mind-numbingly stupid calls went against us. 

I’m not even mad about it anymore. Just sad that such a fun sport is being ruined by officiating so bad it’s either crooked or incompetent. I’m not sure which is worse. 

Edited by jimmy10

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

There seems to be a lot of negativity/frustration after the loss yesterday, but did you guys actually think the Bills were going to go to New England and win?

I didn’t. I know I caught slack from a lot of posters when I said the Bills had no chance, but it’s a sad truth they really can’t beat Brady in New England.

The Bills lost to the super bowl champs on the road, but they are still right in the middle of contention of a playoff berth. So let’s look at the bright side a little bit here fellas.

If someone told me before the year that the Bills need to beat Miami, and need a little help to end the playoff drought, I would have said no way in hell.

But they are in that position and it really is remarkable in a “rebuild “ year.

Lets hope they can getter done next week!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Of course some of us believed we had a chance to win why not ?  You punch them in the nose and they  bleed just like everyone else 

.....looked up definition of DOMINATION in my damn Funk & Wagnalls and this is what I found....................

"Brady, meantime, is 28-3 against Buffalo,  breaking Brett Favre's NFL record of most wins by a quarterback against one opponent; Favre did it against the Lions. " As for his 15-2 record at Buffalo, Belichick has more wins at Orchard Park, New York, than any Bills coach since Wade Phillips went 17-7 from 1998-2000.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....looked up definition of DOMINATION in my damn Funk & Wagnalls and this is what I found....................

"Brady, meantime, is 28-3 against Buffalo,  breaking Brett Favre's NFL record of most wins by a quarterback against one opponent; Favre did it against the Lions. "

Cool, another NFL record for the Bills....it kind of makes me forget, almost, about the team going 0 for the '70's against Dolphins.  

Over 70% of the posters here had picked the Bills in the week leading up to the game. Just like they always do. You can look it up on here. And days ago I said as I made my game prediction of yet another Pats loss, that if people had to bet money on this, they wouldn’t be picking the Bills. But very few are honest on here BEFORE a game. 

Not at any point leading up to or during the game.

What I don’t see anyone saying is yesterday WAS a playoff game.

My question is, does it really make anyone feel better if we some how SNEEK ( not earn) our way into the postseason just to have that happen?

Never thought they would win. Barely a chance. 

27 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

All I know is that we were leading or tied for over 40 minutes and then a couple of mind-numbingly stupid calls went against us. 

I’m not even mad about it anymore. Just sad that such a fun sport is being ruined by officiating so bad it’s either crooked or incompetent. I’m not sure which is worse. 

The QB was generally awful in the red zone. A few dubious playcalls / decisions as well. That's mostly why they lost, not the refs calls. The TD should not have been overturned , but no offensive TDs in two games vs NE. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Not at any point leading up to or during the game.

What I don’t see anyone saying is yesterday WAS a playoff game.

My question is, does it really make anyone feel better if we some how SNEEK ( not earn) our way into the postseason just to have that happen?

It wasn't a playoff game. Some  other games going on around the league had a bigger impact on the Bills playoff chances . Yes, breaking the drought matters, no matter how many wins it required to get in. Just have to be one of the six that get in . It's not a beauty contest. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not with the Chargers and Ravens winning. If either have went our way, the Titans games this week or next wouldn't even matter. Now it's up to the Bengals, or a Jags and Raiders parlay.

And us beating Miami. No guarantees.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

From schedule announcement I wasn’t betting a dollar straight up on the Bills and didn’t feel regret at any time during the game

they came out and shot their bolt and it wasn’t good enough, I was happy they didn’t crater until the 4th

Once SH missed the FG I knew the wheels were coming off. I really love and hate this team.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Of course some of us believed we had a chance to win why not ?  You punch them in the nose and they  bleed just like everyone else 

Why not ?....28 wins for NE in 31 games.....never won a game in Foxboro when Brady plays 4 quarters.....That's why not....there's something to say about past results not affecting the future...but at one point, you can't ignore history either.....we cannot beat Tom Brady....

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Because Brady has never lost to Buffalo at home, that’s why not haha

We put up a good fight for most of the game, 

I was even impressed the way we came out in the 3rd Q that first drive gave me a little hope , and then the wheels came off , 

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

Why not ?....28 wins for NE in 31 games.....never won a game in Foxboro when Brady plays 4 quarters.....That's why not....there's something to say about past results not affecting the future...but at one point, you can't ignore history either.....we cannot beat Tom Brady....

Yes we all know about the history !!! 

But this is a different Bills Team from just a year a go ,, I’m not ignoring history but  you can’t pile 17 years of failure on this group from players to HC/ GM  , 

Sorry for believing that we had a slim chance at MAYBE stealing a W against all odds 

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

Yes we all know about the history !!! 

But this is a different Bills Team from just a year a go ,, I’m not ignoring history but  you can’t pile 17 years of failure on this group from players to HC/ GM  , 

Sorry for believing that we had a slim chance at MAYBE stealing a W against all odds 

That's not what I'm saying...we all hoped...but deep down, we all know they are a better team than than us....Coaching, QB, Special team....we weren't going in their house and pull a W.....especially with the # 1 seed on the line for them.... a Belichick team  is practically never unprepared...the " any given Sunday " rarely applies to them....so overall, we had a chance, but in all seriousness, that chance was minimal....They swept us again with a combine score of 60-19...this year's Bills, at least vs NE, had the same results as past teams....we are not ready to beat them yet....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I had a good feeling about the game yesterday. And halfway into the 3rd quarter I thought it'd come down to the final minutes. That was until we started giving the ball to Tolbert when we were backed up almost to our own endzone. The play from the bills went to crap. When you're down by 7 to the Patriots, you need to start pulling out everything you have, not kick fg's on 4th and 1. Until McDermott learns these things, we will not compete with them. Having said that, I do think McDermott is smart and we will absolutely be playing for the division very soon