More from obd

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All season long the vault of info has been sealed tight and now DD opens the flood gates.   It just doesn't fit imo.   

If that's your opinion, fine. But it doesn't do this forum any good by chasing possible insiders away. If he's a fraud then time will reveal that. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Do you think the bills don’t have contingency plans? Are you stupid.  They run through what if scenarios.  My source does not work for the Bills today but he did and is still well connected at one Bills Drive.  He will not reveal source to me but we are hunting buddies I met with my connections with bills.  I thought it was bs until he revealed the Benjamin trade before it was announced and told me peterman was starting against the Chargers.  He is in investment banking today that is how I know about the stadium

i will now exit the site and keep info to myself.  Not appreciated

Hey man, I know it's frustrating and there will always be people trying to squelch your enthusiasm and doubt what you have to offer....but in the end, you're not doing this for those folks and truthfully you're not even doing it for yourself. You're doing it for those people who will at least read / listen to your information with an open mind and say, 'Hey, if it happens man he was right, if it doesn't then he could be full of it or the team just went in a different direction'. It's not like you're taking food off the table of the people on this board, if they take it too far, let 'em be....for the rest of us, thank you for sharing what you know, now it's up to us to believe or not believe but I don't think it makes sense to cast aspersions on your character when there is nothing, zero reason to either confirm nor deny your statements to this point. So, for me: I'll take it at face value, reportedly accurate information in the moment, and wait and see what happens. 

Don't let the immature fools run you off, Tim Graham did that and while I certainly understand it, this board is the lesser for it. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Haters?   Look. This guy comes in with vague and conflicting posts.  He mentions a dozen variables that to many would be an obvious point many would make.  It really doesn't mean he's correct. 

I asked him last night why is he leaking all of his sources information.  Data that could get his source in trouble.   

Where's Leroi?  A source fairly reliable (except WRT to EJ being cut as soon as TT was signed) 

Looks like he is sharing 2nd or 3rd hand rumors.   So you have to take it with a grain of salt and take it for what it is - a rumor.    

I highly doubt that everything he posted will prove to be 100%.     Fun food for thought though.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Do you think the bills don’t have contingency plans? Are you stupid.  They run through what if scenarios.  My source does not work for the Bills today but he did and is still well connected at one Bills Drive.  He will not reveal source to me but we are hunting buddies I met with my connections with bills.  I thought it was bs until he revealed the Benjamin trade before it was announced and told me peterman was starting against the Chargers.  He is in investment banking today that is how I know about the stadium

You must know that posting blind quotes and anonymous sources will be met with skepticism. But past history has told me enough about inside sources on this board that they should not be discounted out of hand, nor automatically believed. 

So whether true or not, please know that myself and many others will not attack you. I simply file your info away with a “huh, that’s interesting. We’ll see soon enough.”

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Haters?   Look. This guy comes in with vague and conflicting posts.  He mentions a dozen variables that to many would be an obvious point many would make.  It really doesn't mean he's correct. 

I asked him last night why is he leaking all of his sources information.  Data that could get his source in trouble.   

Where's Leroi?  A source fairly reliable (except WRT to EJ being cut as soon as TT was signed) 

No anger.  Just forking around with the guy.  

All season long the vault of info has been sealed tight and now DD opens the flood gates.   It just doesn't fit imo.   

Your trolling is not appreciated here.

53 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We are evaluating beathard for our back up 

Don’t ever talk to either one of them 

Training camp stays put. Need rochcheter fan base and new stadium will be east of orchard park

What about peterman? You said before they were taking rb and dline in the second now they are taking a qb? Basically you are just saying every possible outcome what the bills could do so you will have to hit on some of your predictions. 

Dennison might stay but might not, tyrod and glenn being gone are pretty obvious along with our terrible lbs. You said mcd doesnt have time to develop a qb but is getting 5 years.

Will the Buffalo News and AP run with this story? News writers usually need to corroborate a story with two different sources. So Dunkirk Don needs to provide two independent sources. I suggest we wait for Fredonia Fred and Angola Art to chime in before we run with this news. 

• Haha (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He never said that.

Don isn't directly connected with the Bills.   He knows someone who is.   So the information is at least 2nd hand - maybe 3rd hand or more.  

If you look at it that way, his information makes a lot of sense.   He is sharing info he gathered while having a bull session with a buddy who knows more about the Bills innerworkings than we do.

No doubt, some of the ideas presented will not pan out.    But if I tell some bit of news to one of my friends who tells another friend about it who then tells you about it....well, the news won't likely be 100% accurate by the time it reaches you.  It may or may not be in the ball park.  get me?

Edited by PolishDave

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Will the Buffalo News and AP run with this story? News writers usually need to corroborate a story with two different sources. So Dunkirk Don needs to provide two independent sources. I suggest we wait for Fredonia Fred and Angola Art to chime in before we run with this news. 

Fredonia Fred is in the state pen for receiving his 7th DUI and driving without a license.

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We are evaluating beathard for our back up 

Don’t ever talk to either one of them 

Training camp stays put. Need rochcheter fan base and new stadium will be east of orchard park

The Bills need a starting QB....why are you looking at backups......backups are easy to find

Edited by nucci

20 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If that's your opinion, fine. But it doesn't do this forum any good by chasing possible insiders away. If he's a fraud then time will reveal that. 

I was not chasing him away.   He said a half a dozen times he was leaving and yet he didn't.   

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Will be deleting all posts but did want to share one last piece of information.  Stadium will be open air. Will seat 67,000

I know I am not appreciated here

Don't let those that ridicule you prevent you from sharing the info. you have.  It is appreciated by the vast majority on the board.  Thanks Dunkirk Don!!

36 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Thank you, Mrs. Whaley. Your insider insight is much appreciated. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

Ignore the haters, Don...you need to understand that probably 80% or more of the posters around here are cretans.  What you're posting provides good conversation.  Don't take the attacks personally; these are keyboard bullies.

From a reformed attacker of sources! Listen to this man!

I am just sharing what I am being told. Not going to argue with you.  Believe and evaluate what you want. It is not my job to justify anything here.  My sources tell me things and I share.  Sounds like I should just be quiet.

You don't have to be quiet but you have to understand you will be questioned.

Honestly, right now, its taken as someone throwing :censored: at the wall. Time will tell as to whether you are telling the truth or not. Until then, expect people to be weary of the things you say. If you're that sensitive then maybe this just isn't the place for you. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

What's that supposed to mean? He's stated that somewhere before? I'm pretty sure 99% of owners WANT a dome, it's just a matter of affording the construction of a domed stadium.

And just because it's an indoor stadium, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be one of those massive palaces that Jones, Blank & Kroenke like. Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts) cost $856 million (adjusted for inflation), Ford Field (Lions) cost $696 million, NRG Stadium (Texans) cost $490 million (Man...Texas is awesome), and University of Phoenix Stadium (Cardinals) cost $556 million. 

Problem is a lot of owners want to go ALL-OUT and put the nicest, most luxurious and absolute best of everything in these stadiums. The box seats are of huge importance, so they make them as flashy and prestigious looking as possible to attract as much money as possible. We could feasibly build a fixed or retractable roof stadium if they were smart with their money and didn't feel the need to one-up the last palace built.

I know luxury suites are important, but New Era Field only has like 60 or so executive suites right? They wouldn't have to add a ton more, as they know their audience isn't primarily made up of a bunch of rich businessmen or upper-class white collar people. And I'd think the Pegula's would be financing the stadium privately (with possible small assistance from the county), so they'd want to make sure it was economical.

The problem is the Buffalo market. They aren't building the "executive suites" because the market won't support having them, and without a ton of extremely high priced suites, it becomes difficult to to have a viable plan for how a new stadium will provide value. So in the Bills case, the taxpayers are going to get an even worse deal than the bad one they already get everywhere else. I do believe a stadium will be built, and I'd bet on it being a dome.  But it will be built based on the political sway of the Pegulas and the need of NY politicians to curry favor with WNY.  It will never be an economically viable project.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

this thread has gotten my day off to the perfect start.  i'm considering this the board's christmas gift to me.  

joy to the world....................(in a clark griswold voice).

DD is like the jelly of the month club. He’s the gift that keeps on giving! 

• Haha (+1) 2

I don't know why people are jumping on DD. 

Whether he has inside info or not, the scenarios he outlined are both reasonable & plausible with regard to the stadium & 2018 off-season plans.

• Like (+1) 3

Will be deleting all posts but did want to share one last piece of information.  Stadium will be open air. Will seat 67,000

I know I am not appreciated here

Don't let the loud mouths get to you.. Most of us silent types are capable of enjoying this and taking it with a grain of salt

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't know why people are jumping on DD. 

Whether he has inside info or not, the scenarios he outlined are both reasonable & plausible with regard to the stadium & 2018 off-season plans.

He shouldn't worry about that as his information will either come to fruition to vindicate him or it won't.   

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He shouldn't worry about that as his information will either come to fruition to vindicate him or it won't.   

These things usually come out in the wash. 

I just don't understand the penchant to immediately jump on a poster who claims to have inside info.  

One wild card in the decision, current employed offensive coordinator is in the mix.  Possible the team he works for, the entire staff will be fired.  If he becomes available,  bills will make a strong wrong at him.  Biggest hurdle is location.  Guy and family are left coast people.

Mike Sullivan from the Giants? Born and raised in California and likely to be fired along with their whole staff. He was in Tampa Bay from 2012-2013 so McDermott would be familiar with him. He was Eli Manning's QB coach in the 2010 and 2011 seasons which were 2 of his best years including the Super Bowl win.

Yeah after doing some research I'll be keeping a close eye on Mike Sullivan. Thanks for the inside info Dunkirk Don. Ignore the whiners.

• Like (+1) 2

Why do people throw shade at the OP? Pretty much all of what he says seems logical.  There have been insiders on this forum for years.  WIth new coaches and a new GM we may have a legitimate new insider.  I don't get the hate.  If it turns out in a few months that we realize he is just blowing smoke, then we can say we've been tricked like all those Peter Pan links.  In the meantime, any chance for an inside look at the thoughts at One Bills Drive seems good to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Mike Sullivan from the Giants? Born and raised in California and likely to be fired along with their whole staff. He was in Tampa Bay from 2012-2013 so McDermott would be familiar with him. He was Eli Manning's QB coach in the 2010 and 2011 seasons which were 2 of his best years including the Super Bowl win.

Yeah after doing some research I'll be keeping a close eye on Mike Sullivan. Thanks for the inside info Dunkirk Don. Ignore the whiners.

Remember all the happy talk about Chudzinski and McD last week?

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I enjoy the inside info. I'm not 100% thrilled about cousins. I'd almost just rather take our chances with Peterman and then if necessary, draft a qb in 2019 

Agreed. Why break the bank on a guy you know will never win a super bowl? He’s solid but will never be in the same league as guys like brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Ben R.