More from obd

13 minutes ago, essential said:

It boggles the mind that in 2017 an open air stadium would even be considered in our climate.  Sure a roof dome costs more but it's not double the cost.  It should be a retractable roof stadium or a dome.  It needs to have year round functionality.  Also, this team isn't built for the snow.  That game against the Colts wasn't a 30-7 win for us, we were just as impacted by the weather as them.  80% of the players come from the South today ... I'd hate to have a win and you're in game at home in December and have it be conditions where it's not really skill vs skill, but rather which player doesn't slip in the snow.

I’d much prefer retractable to a dome, but then, I always seem to like the more expensive option. How this team is currently built is irrelevant, since this team will have plenty of time to morph into different styles long before any new stadium. 

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If you do not believe me, please check the land records.  You will see over fifty property transactions in six months in one of the locations.  People are flocking to this area buying up property and you will see it is blocks of areas.  Transactions are public knowledge and if you dig in, you will see the investment groups and then you will see the ties to wny.    I wish it was dome too but it increases the cost by close to 250 million dollars and it is not worth the cost for possibly two or three games a year.  These guys are billionaires for a reason and you don’t too stupid stuff.  If other investors come in and can make it a year round venue then it could be a dome.  The football people want an open stadium.   Whether it gives us a competive advantage or not the coaches believe it does.  Also, we are not going to get much in return for Glenn or Taylor.   The only tradeable asset we have is Shady and he is not going anywhere.  It irritates me that when people doubt the truth.

I hope the Pegulas don't listen to the coaches. Thinking the weather gives this team a competitive advantage is dumber than punting on 4th and 1 from the opponent's 41.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Whether fans think it’s true or not, people just like to bust balls...when u put out a “I have a source” thread it just puts a target on your back...but try not to take it seriously...regardless, this thread is entertaining and gives us something to talk about. :thumbsup:

You earn credibility when your "source" is correct. If his source is correct it won't be questioned. You can't expect to be believed until you hit a prediction. I'm all for giving anybody a shot. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If you do not believe me, please check the land records.  You will see over fifty property transactions in six months in one of the locations.  People are flocking to this area buying up property and you will see it is blocks of areas.  Transactions are public knowledge and if you dig in, you will see the investment groups and then you will see the ties to wny.    I wish it was dome too but it increases the cost by close to 250 million dollars and it is not worth the cost for possibly two or three games a year.  These guys are billionaires for a reason and you don’t too stupid stuff.  If other investors come in and can make it a year round venue then it could be a dome.  The football people want an open stadium.   Whether it gives us a competive advantage or not the coaches believe it does.  Also, we are not going to get much in return for Glenn or Taylor.   The only tradeable asset we have is Shady and he is not going anywhere.  It irritates me that when people doubt the truth.

Don't need a full on dome.  Build what the soccer teams do and how they renovated Hard Rock.  Plus, moving the team from Southtowns is good for 12" less snow

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Nope not joking. I don’t care what we pay him. If he’s here I won’t even care to look at the price. I just simply don’t care. I’m tired of losing. He’s a very good qb. That way we can use all our picks to get good pieces in. I don’t trust these guys to identify the right rookie qb or to develop one. I don’t care what we have to pay him, just get Cousins.

I don't hate Cousins, he's an above average QB but I don't think he's worth the money he's going to command and I hope we don't get him.  Money absolutely should be a factor in your view of him.  He's going to get franchise limiting money while he's not a franchise carrying QB.  He's not Rogers, he can't carry us, and for the money he's going to get, it's going to limit us in other areas and he's not going to be able to make up that difference.  I'd rather draft my QB.  I'd take Cousins for the right price, but his market will be above that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Augie  the team is being built for a run within four years  Rex change the team and we know how that turn out.   The owners love McDermott and Beane and they are here for the next five years so stop calling for his head.  He has the keys and he is calling all the shots

I’ve NEVER called for their heads, quite the opposite. I find it refreshing. 

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

To those being dicks to the OP, we've had guys come here and show, after time, that they actually do have sources.

Let's just see how these things pan out before roasting this guy, I say.

Most guys with real sources are not so bold and persistant.....that's how they keep them

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I hope the Pegulas don't listen to the coaches. Thinking the weather gives this team a competitive advantage is dumber than punting on 4th and 1 from the opponent's 41.

When has anyone ever heard of a coach having a say in the stadium process?

Even if he has a good run, this is a 20-30 year investment with potentially public funds. 

McDermott won't have a say in what gets built and these posts are non sense. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

Anyone know how to search the land records?

Can't via the County Clerk without an acct. Other ways are possible but more tedious. One is the real estate transactions every Sunday in the Buffalo News. Other is if you know the location, use the County's GIS service to look at parcel ownership. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Lotto number. Lol. These are not predictions nor are they are written in stone.  Things change but here are the thoughts.  The stadium will not be south of Buffalo.  If cousins is not franchised he will be Buffalo.  

I do have a question. You're making these statements and if they're true then good on you, but why is it when people have asked for example what are Cousins ties to Buffalo that you mentioned you don't answer? Or just say what the area of the land is?

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

If cousins is not franchised he will be Buffalo.  

Even for $25 M/year?  Kind of a lot for Cousins.  I've heard that is what he'll ask, but not sure he's worth that, and I'd be surprised if the FO thinks so.

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d much prefer retractable to a dome, but then, I always seem to like the more expensive option. How this team is currently built is irrelevant, since this team will have plenty of time to morph into different styles long before any new stadium. 

There is no morphing into a team that can play in the kind of weather we had vs the Colts.  If the entire planet was conditions like that and humans evolved over thousands of years then maybe we'd be able to have an advantage in that weather, but as it stands now there is no way we could build a highly functional team for that weather.