More from obd

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Even the great ones can fall short. No one is undefeated. Rodgers has only won a single Super Bowl. Brady has lost two Super Bowls and should've lost a third before the Russell Wilson pass at the goal line. You haven't seen Eli Manning and Joe Flacco throw interceptions? They suck and have three rings between them.

Cousins is in just his third season as a starter in the NFL. In his first season he finished 5th in passer rating, 7th in DYAR, 6th in QBR. His second season - 3rd in DYAR, 6th in QBR, 3rd in total passing yards.

The guy is a stud. We should throw a parade if Cousins ever puts on a Bills jersey.

An argument can be made the Pats should have lost last year and also against Carolina.  Remember John Kasey kicked the ball out of bounds on the last possession of the game?  Brady got the ball back at the 40 and got into FG position pretty soon after that.  Would have been much harder from the 20.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The guy is a stud. We should throw a parade if Cousins ever puts on a Bills jersey.

Well, if we get him, I certainly hope it works out.  I'll give Beane and McDermott the benefit of the doubt until they're proven wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

I found the Cousins tie to Buffalo.

"Kirk Cousins Is Selling Buffalo Nickel T-Shirts"

Deciphered through a secret coder. Cousins to Buffalo for a Nickle and some T-shirts

http://www.redskins.com/news/blog/article-1/Coinage-For-A-Cause-Kirk-Cousins-Is-Selling-Buffalo-Nickel-T-Shirts/8468280a-d31c-444f-9aa5-05aa1f34b7a1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm def weary of Cousins.  As I said I think he's above average, but not a franchise carrier.  He can do some things well, but he seems like he needs too much around him to win, he doesn't mask deficiencies like Rodgers or Brady.  Now, I'm fine with that if we're paying in the Tyrod range (16-18m) but since he's going to command closer to 28m a year, it's just too much for me and limits what you can do in other areas.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Even the great ones can fall short. No one is undefeated. Rodgers has only won a single Super Bowl. Brady has lost two Super Bowls and should've lost a third before the Russell Wilson pass at the goal line. You haven't seen Eli Manning and Joe Flacco throw interceptions? They suck and have three rings between them.

Cousins is in just his third season as a starter in the NFL. In his first season he finished 5th in passer rating, 7th in DYAR, 6th in QBR. His second season - 3rd in DYAR, 6th in QBR, 3rd in total passing yards.

Cousins has shown he can run an offense if surrounded with some talent. The Bills have the cap room and draft picks to add cheap players to offense. You ride with Cousins for a couple years. Better than what we've been doing IMO

1 minute ago, essential said:

I'm def weary of Cousins.  As I said I think he's above average, but not a franchise carrier.  He can do some things well, but he seems like he needs too much around him to win, he doesn't mask deficiencies like Rodgers or Brady.  Now, I'm fine with that if we're paying in the Tyrod range (16-18m) but since he's going to command closer to 28m a year, it's just too much for me and limits what you can do in other areas.

Rogers and Brady are each in a class of their own, and Brady is in a class above Rogers.  If that is the standard then we will likely never get a suitable QB for some.

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Cheektowaga Charlie?

LOL   I was just randomly thinking of names    -  what a coincidence 

Or maybe it's something I remember from childhood.  

I did say I have / had relatives in Dunkirk that I have not seen in 40 -50 years.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Rogers and Brady are each in a class of their own, and Brady is in a class above Rogers.  If that is the standard then we will likely never get a suitable QB for some.

This is a good post.  I was going to say that the Brees/Brady/Rogers of the world are hard to come by.  Everyone wants them, but they don't exactly grow on trees.  NE really lucked out with Brady, I don't think there was anyway they envisioned their 6th round backup QB becoming one of the best of all time.

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Understand that.  Cousins is fine at a certain price, I just think you get in trouble when you pay top tier money for someone that isn't top tier talent.  It's kind of like the Bengals paying Dalton to me ... you can do worse but he can't carry that team and they locked themselves into mediocracy when they signed him long term.  He did well when he had top talent all around him, but once it's not an ideal situation (Sanu left, Eifert hurt, oline worse) he regressed, he didn't mask that.  It's tough to keep a situation ideal over multiple years.

Now, Dalton isn't making what Cousins will get, and while I think Cousins is better than Dalton, I think they are similar in that they need a very good surrounding cast to win.  Washington has a better oline, better skill position talent, and he has been in that system for several years and still doesn't dominate.  As I said, he may be better than what we've had, but that doesn't make him a 30m QB.

Edited by essential

4 minutes ago, essential said:

Understand that.  Cousins is fine at a certain price, I just think you get in trouble when you pay top tier money for someone that isn't top tier talent.  It's kind of like the Bengals paying Dalton to me ... you can do worse but he can't carry that team and they locked themselves into mediocracy when they signed him long term.  He did well when he had top talent all around him, but once it's not an ideal situation (Sanu left, Eifert hurt, oline worse) he regressed, he didn't mask that.  It's tough to keep a situation ideal over multiple years.

Now, Dalton isn't making what Cousins will get, and while I think Cousins is better than Dalton, I think they are similar in that they need a very good surrounding cast to win.  Washington has a better oline, better skill position talent, and he has been in that system for several years and still doesn't dominate.  As I said, he may be better than what we've had, but that doesn't make him a 30m QB.

Not this year, they're really banged up.  They've had to bring guys in and make a bunch of adjustments due to the injuries.  In Cousins' defense, I don't think he can be judged too much this year due to their OLine injuries.

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Will be deleting all posts but did want to share one last piece of information.  Stadium will be open air. Will seat 67,000

I know I am not appreciated here

dude, don't listen to the haters.  Stay on the site.  Most ppl appreciate whatever info you have.  

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I am ambivalent about Cousins, but he's definitely better than Dalton imo.

same here.  Cousins is not worth the price, IMO.  Would rather have Teddy or Bradford and surround them with the extra $$ with a top OL, WR, and fix the DL and LB situation.  

1 hour ago, Yav said:

I don't understand some of you posters. 

If you don't like whats being shared or you don't believe the poster to be honest or have true inside info then why are you reading the post in the first place?

Then you come in and post something trying to call the posters out and make fun of them. All you're doing is keep the post active. Get over it and move on. Don't open the post, don't read the post and don't reply to the post. 

It's a public board where any member can start a thread and should be able to enjoy a conversation over said thread. Seriously are some of you that miserable in your life that you feel the need to get on the internet, hide behind a keyboard and start crap on a message board? 

Decorum on this message board has slipped considerably in recent years. There are several quality posters who aren't here anymore because ITG's felt the need to lambaste those they didn't agree with.

People posting "inside info"  who are later proven wrong will be known. And if you don't believe or agree with what they're saying now, a rational discussion about why can be a good thing. Then again, an increasing amount of posters cannot debate others with why they believe the way they do.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Do you think the bills don’t have contingency plans? Are you stupid.  They run through what if scenarios.  My source does not work for the Bills today but he did and is still well connected at one Bills Drive.  He will not reveal source to me but we are hunting buddies I met with my connections with bills.  I thought it was bs until he revealed the Benjamin trade before it was announced and told me peterman was starting against the Chargers.  He is in investment banking today that is how I know about the stadium

i will now exit the site and keep info to myself.  Not appreciated

Well Don your information is appreciated but tuck in your vagina seriously. Don't let the trolls make you take your ball and go home. 

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Will people stop attacking everyone that says they have a source?

For christ sake guys

Are there attacks or is it people being sceptical? Because those are two totally different things.

You say you have sources on an Internet forum , be prepared for the result.

4 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

McDermott and Beane love cousins and if he does not get franchised they believe they have a better than 90 percent chance to sign him.  

SI had an article on Cousins last week - while reading it all I could think was this guy is McD's wet dream.  Cousins is maniacal anout preparation, organization, and yes - process.

The accountant-athlete spends hours each week inside this cubicle, which speaks to his—favorite-word alert—process, which megaphone-shouts to his singular obsession: not playing football, but getting ready for it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/29/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-quarterback 

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

What's the point of this post? 

If you want to claim inside information then fine, but if you present it in a manner that just looks like you’re begging for attention then you leave yourself open to criticism.

whats the point of your post?

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Agreed.

I think a lot of people are going to owe DD an apology down the road.

I have a feeling he may be right about a few things

Thats the thing, some of what he’s saying is common knowledge and isn’t it really anything you need an inside source to know. Plus if you cover your bases with as many possibilities as he’s giving then you are bound to get something right.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Decorum on this message board has slipped considerably in recent years. There are several quality posters who aren't here anymore because ITG's felt the need to lambaste those they didn't agree with.

People posting "inside info"  who are later proven wrong will be known. And if you don't believe or agree with what they're saying now, a rational discussion about why can be a good thing. Then again, an increasing amount of posters cannot debate others with why they believe the way they do.

This board resembles the one that shut down and it's the main reason I don't participate much on here. Its annoying when posters insist that your opinion is wrong and theirs is correct. It's sad, I live out of the area and the only way to get any information on the team for me is the internet and that's become more effort than it's worth.

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Agreed.

I think a lot of people are going to owe DD an apology down the road.

I have a feeling he may be right about a few things

Kyle signs, he’s right. Kyle retires. He’s right. Dennison is kept, he’s right. Dennison is let go, he’s right...

So ya, I’m sure he may be “right” about a few things.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Why do  you need to insult

Just take it for face value and see how it works out

No kidding.

If he's a fraud, then it will have been good for entertainment. No harm, no foul.

If the source is real, it would be awesome to have reliable inside source(s) on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

If you want to claim inside information then fine, but if you present it in a manner that just looks like you’re begging for attention then you leave yourself open to criticism.

whats the point of your post?

You didn't answer the question.

I'm tired of posters crapping on those who possibly have valuable information. It's a selfish act.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Thats the thing, some of what he’s saying is common knowledge and isn’t it really anything you need an inside source to know. Plus if you cover your bases with as many possibilities as he’s giving then you are bound to get something right.

I could have predicted the same thing and gotten  much worse responses as DD. 

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Kyle signs, he’s right. Kyle retires. He’s right. Dennison is kept, he’s right. Dennison is let go, he’s right...

So ya, I’m sure he may be “right” about a few things.

Taylor stays he's right, Taylor leaves he's right, Pegulas buy some land for whatever he's right 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

My argument is, if you don't believe him why is it necessary to call him out on it? Why not just go to the next thread and ignore what he is saying?

Because there are a lot of posters like myself who are very interested in what he has to say, and now because of posters calling him out/attacking him, he doesn't want to post anymore. And I can't say I blame him 

5 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

McDermott and Beane love cousins and if he does not get franchised they believe they have a better than 90 percent chance to sign him.  

SI had an article on Cousins last week - while reading it all I could think was this guy is McD's wet dream.  Cousins is maniacal anout preparation, organization, and yes - process.

The accountant-athlete spends hours each week inside this cubicle, which speaks to his—favorite-word alert—process, which megaphone-shouts to his singular obsession: not playing football, but getting ready for it.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/29/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-quarterback

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Why do  you need to insult

Just take it for face value and see how it works out

exactly. chuckle if you think it's far fetched, but there's no reason for the venom.