More from obd

Wait, so the following is breaking news? 

1) Tyrod Taylor has shown himself to be a mediocre QB and the bills will trade him for a mid round pick to the only other team to express an interest in him?

2) the bills may be interested in signing Kirk cousins, the only viable FA QB on the market?

3) the bills may be building a new stadium to replace their 30-year old one?

4) and the bills may try to re-sign an aging but key Veteran in Kyle Williams to a team friendly deal?

Shocking!!

man-shocked-black.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Look up the 1948 NFL Championship game.

Thank you. So you agree also? Football was never meant to be played in winter and that game was played in winter. Dec 19. Pro football extended the season into basketball season to make more profit.

And that game sucked donkey ass. 7-0 thriller.

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:
  • Dunkirk Don
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Just in from my source, Taylor will start remainder of season regardless of win/ lose.  Bills will not cut Taylor but if attempt to trade him for another low round pick.  Cousins definitely in mix to be next year qb.  Ties to Buffalo confirmed.   New stadium will be built in 2021or 2022.  Location picked.  Do not buy the hype about land study.   Go to land purchases for last two years and you can determine location.  Also check to see minority investment owners you will will see ties to Buffalo area.   This property in  four years will be most valuable in western New York. Not just where the stadium will be built but surrounding areas. Check transactions and building permits for new restaurants and you will see connections

All of this makes sense.

First, it's very apparent that Taylor isn't the Bills future QB based on his performance and benching.  Secondly, it's well known throughout the league that there are many teams interested in his services.  Why not trade him instead of letting him go for nothing.

Secondly, Cousins makes sense for the Bills, specifically McDermott.  He is a perfect fit re: character & leadership qualities with a fiery temperament.  He is ranked within the Top 10 in completion %, yards, TD passes, QB rating, and completions of 20+ yards.  His 9 INT's is 5th best amongst QB's with over 3400 yards passing.  He has five 300+ yard passing games this season.  Brady has 6. Roethlisberger and Stafford have 4.

He pushes the ball down the field and can make the throws.  As a young 29 year old he's been a full time starter for the last 3 seasons after playing only 14 total games his first three seasons.  He hasn't missed a game since 2014 when he split time with RG3.  He can easily fulfill a 7-8 year contract especially with players like Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger and Brady who are over 35 leading the way.  It's a win now move vs. waiting years for a 2018 draft pick to learn and grow.  

The land information isn't a stretch to believe.  Pegula has built up Downtown Buffalo immensely and as a business man he knows that an all-in-one facility that is closer to downtown than OP with new Boxes, restaurants, stores, etc would be a revenue maximizer.

New Era Field is dated and old.  It doesn't have the facilities and amenities a new stadium could bring, not to mention conventions and other events it would attract if they have a closed roof. Although they have a lease w/ New Era there is no way they are looking to extend it into the foreseeable future once it expires.

Land purchases take time.  So does creating plans and building.  To think the Bills have a spot and may already be making plans in hopes of opening in 4 years is a reasonable timeline.  

The WNY county governments suck.  Niagara County charges for access.  Erie has almost nothing available through their website.

As much as I rail about King County and Seattle's annoying leftism, the property/document search provided by the recorder's office is excellent.

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

The WNY county governments suck.  Niagara County charges for access.  Erie has almost nothing available through their website.

As much as I rail about King County and Seattle's annoying leftism, the property/document search provided by the recorder's office is excellent.

at least that "annoying leftism" results in what appears to be open access to govt documents and jobs, jobs, and more jobs... piled on top of jobs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we can find out where this list of properties being bought in a particular area or whatever that you claim is where the stadium will be built, why not just tell us where it is? Is it really that big a deal? I mean if the stadium will actually be built there then we will find out at some point anyway

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That was a freak storm and timing (which I thoroughly enjoyed despite the quality of the football played). How often does THAT happen? But there IS such a thing as a big, tough cold weather team. 

Near as I can gather, the last similar game played in Buffalo occurred in 1969 at the Rockpile, against the Bengals.

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Near as I can gather, the last similar game played in Buffalo occurred in 1969 at the Rockpile, against the Bengals.

I was there, and it was GREAT! Greg Cook was QB for Bengals. I saw some old video and it was not nearly as bad as I remembered, but who shows video of pure WHITE? Must have been during a lull. We couldn’t see a thing much of the game. People nearby had transistor radios to keep up with what was happening on the field according to people on the sidelines.  I don’t think it was quite as bad as Sunday though. That was crazy stuff, and I wish I had been there too. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is vaguely reminiscent of a few years ago (B.P.: Before Pegula) when Wawrow was on here telling us that the stadium would be in Niagara Falls because "Howard Millstein knows what he is doing", something something...

This does seem like discussions from 2 or 3 years ago.  

52 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I am buying the Bills with meadcoins and moving the team to Saratoga.

Mead Bills 

What are meadcoins at these days!?  Regardless, I'm getting seasons if they're in Saratoga.  Will you send the strombolicoptor up to VT to grab me for the games?

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ok I swear to god I didn't see this post before I posted the same picture, weird

Ha!  It perfectly encapsulates this thread...

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Not back peddling Tom gibbons Dunkirk hew York native married former bills ed rudkowki daughter.  Bud carpenter former head trainer at fredonia state.   Wife is from Dunkirk New York.  Cathy Burke. Check it all out and get back to me

Cousins' wife is named Julie Hampton and she is from Atlanta, Georgia.

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

What are meadcoins at these days!?  Regardless, I'm getting seasons if they're in Saratoga.  Will you send the strombolicoptor up to VT to grab me for the games?

Ha!  It perfectly encapsulates this thread...

You got it

The Bills would be fools to not look into signing Cousins.  

They won't have to break the bank to sign him either.  Kirk will go to the best situation for him, his family and his career, not strictly to who pays him the most.  Being a DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virgina) area resident, that's what I gather.

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

They won't have to break the bank to sign him either.  Kirk will go to the best situation for him, his family and his career, not strictly to who pays him the most.  Being a DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virgina) area resident, that's what I gather.

What is breaking the bank? I'm pretty sure you're wrong. He's going to be near 30 mil a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

You’re out of touch with reality 

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I've heard that the Pegulas want an open air stadium. Steelers and Ravend the models.

Economical, solid, football stadiums.

I have ZERO idea what they want, or what is economically feasible, but I can see the benefits of having a more versatile facility to generate additional revenue. I think they have a big picture view, but I may be wrong, and the numbers just may not work. I’m in the south and Atlanta needs a retractable roof so they can use it more. I’m curious to see how it turns out,. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I have ZERO idea what they want, or what is economically feasible, but I can see the benefits of having a more versatile facility to generate additional revenue. I think they have a big picture view, but I may be wrong, and the numbers just may not work. I’m in the south and Atlanta needs a retractable roof so they can use it more. I’m curious to see how it turns out,. 

Riiiiight...

Wherever I need a tool, I use that line on my wife.  I think she's not buying it anymore.  Crap, just before I was gonna hit her up for the Ferrari... That's a "tool" we can use a lot, right?

Oh, does anybody need a gently used table saw? :D

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Wait, so the following is breaking news? 

1) Tyrod Taylor has shown himself to be a mediocre QB and the bills will trade him for a mid round pick to the only other team to express an interest in him?

2) the bills may be interested in signing Kirk cousins, the only viable FA QB on the market?

3) the bills may be building a new stadium to replace their 30-year old one?

4) and the bills may try to re-sign an aging but key Veteran in Kyle Williams to a team friendly deal?

Shocking!!

man-shocked-black.jpg

This is exactly how "psychics" make their money. Every rational person knows Taylor is gone, just like they know a new stadium is coming in ~5 years. But man, when you deliver news in that style, heads explode. Let me try...

A little birdie told me that the next massive Bills project is going to happen on Perry St.

Whatever that means.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Terry Pegula does not want a dome. I wish I could say more.

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Taylor has an option clause this year.

Perhaps you mean his roster bonus?  I get confused about the rules there myself, but after reading up: whatever team he's on pays the roster bonus.

I think it's due the 3rd day of the new League Year so March 17 (might be the 5th) so they can trade him between March 14th and March 17th and the partner would pay.

I think.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/3/10/14881226/tyrod-taylor-restructured-contract-2017-nfl-free-agency-doug-whaley-buffalo-bills

"Buffalo was able to shorten the length of Tyrod’s deal. They can move on from him in a year with a relatively minimal cap hit of $8.64 million or let him play out the last year of his contract and let him become a free agent. His earlier contract ran through 2021."

Well I guess it's not technically an option. It's just that we can cut him without a huge Cap hit in the first 4 or 5 days of the new league year.

My misunderstanding. I guess Taylor's even more likely to still be a Buffalo Bill next year than I thought. 0:)

22 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Terry Pegula does not want a dome. I wish I could say more.

What's that supposed to mean? He's stated that somewhere before? I'm pretty sure 99% of owners WANT a dome, it's just a matter of affording the construction of a domed stadium.

And just because it's an indoor stadium, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be one of those massive palaces that Jones, Blank & Kroenke like. Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts) cost $856 million (adjusted for inflation), Ford Field (Lions) cost $696 million, NRG Stadium (Texans) cost $490 million (Man...Texas is awesome), and University of Phoenix Stadium (Cardinals) cost $556 million. 

Problem is a lot of owners want to go ALL-OUT and put the nicest, most luxurious and absolute best of everything in these stadiums. The box seats are of huge importance, so they make them as flashy and prestigious looking as possible to attract as much money as possible. We could feasibly build a fixed or retractable roof stadium if they were smart with their money and didn't feel the need to one-up the last palace built.

I know luxury suites are important, but New Era Field only has like 60 or so executive suites right? They wouldn't have to add a ton more, as they know their audience isn't primarily made up of a bunch of rich businessmen or upper-class white collar people. And I'd think the Pegula's would be financing the stadium privately (with possible small assistance from the county), so they'd want to make sure it was economical.

6 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I will stop sharing if you think it is bs. Thought you might find this valuable 

Don't listen to these children. These interwebs can be a foul place where faceless fools abound.

Thanks for the info. and Go Bills!

1 hour ago, QCity said:

This is exactly how "psychics" make their money. Every rational person knows Taylor is gone, just like they know a new stadium is coming in ~5 years. But man, when you deliver news in that style, heads explode. Let me try...

A little birdie told me that the next massive Bills project is going to happen on Perry St.

Whatever that means.

So, because it makes logical sense, it can't be news. Thanks for that long winded diatribe of nuthin.

Edited by Fan boy '92