Bills to explore trade market for tyrod

The juice

I absolutely believe Tyrod has trade value.

Many folks think he is highly underrated.

Many others think he is great who have not seen him play and just look at stats.

He is still above .500 (though only slightly, 19-18)

His TD/INT is sterling

Some QB hungry team may think they can revive him (or just "vive" in the first place), or may want him as a buffer to their shiny new rookie. Won't be a big return, but we should be able to get something.

• Haha (+1) 1

$6,000,000 is especially cheap if you plan to start him. Hell, $6,000,000 is relatively cheap for a backup these days. I could see us getting a 4th or a 5th for him from somewhere. Anything is better than nothing. 

Edited by H2o

58 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'd much rather have that 10 mil. to try and sign someone in FA. Taylor will never lead a team to the playoffs, I'd rather have Peterman and a rookie QB over Taylor. 

We don't  know what we have in Peterman yet, to even know if he's starter potential ...

Hoping for the best but  I'll wait and see before crowning him over a QB (limited as he is in this offense) with a career winning record for this organization.

Gotta love the lack of knowledge by some around here of the quality of QBs around the league. With all his shortcomings, TT would be an improvement for at least 6 teams. And keeping in mind Natty P hasn't yet been on the field for a single play in the NFL, who knows? In 2 or 3 weeks the Bills might be one of those teams who see TT as an improvement.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod is history in Blo for sure. Don't understand how some folks think he could serve as a backup on this team. The scheme is the scheme and he jusr does not fit it. If Peterman can't cut it as a starter he has a better chance of being the backup to the guy with the better tools (hopefully) that the Bills can land in the draft.

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

Peterman is a scrub. He sucked against scrub defenses.

HAPPY NOW?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????////

You may be right. You might not. Hard to imagine a worse debut for Peterman for sure. Not sure how much is on him. But we've seen a lot more of Tyrod and imo he is not the answer. 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The team that trades anymore than a 7th round draft pick for Tyrod are likely the biggest fools in the NFL.  It's a forgone conclusion that the team won't pick up his option and they'll have a chance to sign him for free.

That is lazy logic. If any team wanting a 'bridge' QB waits for the Bills to cut Taylor, they run  the risk of losing him to another team. Said team would rather bargain with the Bills and secure him outright. My total WAG is that we get a 3rd rounder for him

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He says at the end “seems Buffalo will be able to do so.” Why would someone trade for a guy that will get released? It’s like Cousins. Call the team’s bluff and make them release these guys .

See my opinion above

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He says at the end “seems Buffalo will be able to do so.” Why would someone trade for a guy that will get released? It’s like Cousins. Call the team’s bluff and make them release these guys .

There is the advantage of avoiding him hitting FA.  If a team covers Tyrod, they may be willing to part with a late round pick to ensure that they land him.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cap # is decent. Team feels Taylor will start. Probably a mid-late pick. Denver Broncos and  Arizona Cardinals make sense. The Browns are a wildcard. They wanted Taylor last year. 

On 11/19/2017 at 1:36 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'd much rather have that 10 mil. to try and sign someone in FA. Taylor will never lead a team to the playoffs, I'd rather have Peterman and a rookie QB over Taylor. 

And that is why you should never, never, ever deal in absolutes. Never ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, Kmart128 said:

Well it's a smart move. Look at what Pat's got for Jimmy G. A lot of teams like Tyrod because he isn't terrible

Smart to keep your options open,

but we've seen this posture taken before on Tyrod Taylor...

He will get a 5th at best if they move him before the option. Holding him until after the option maybe increase that a round but by doing so ties up 23M in cap space. Not the smartest idea

move him before the option or decline it is what is going to happen. 

Guessing someone at OBD leaked this to Rap trying to generate a market by telling the league they might very well pick the option up

3 hours ago, Joaquin1119 said:

I think a lot of nfl teams wouldn’t make a trade for TT. They would wait until the bills release him. No point trading for TT. I wouldn’t waste my draft pick for him if I was an nfl owner

If Taylor played for the Browns and had the same stats and made the playoffs most Bills fans would want him. Most would trade a mid round pick for him. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

the problem with this is that you run the risk of some other team signing him. trade for his rights and he is yours.

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He will get a 5th at best if they move him before the option. Holding him until after the option maybe increase that a round but by doing so ties up 23M in cap space. Not the smartest idea

move him before the option or decline it is what is going to happen. 

Guessing someone at OBD leaked this to Rap trying to generate a market by telling the league they might very well pick the option up

There is no option to pick up. He’s under contract for 2018.