Bills to explore trade market for tyrod

The juice

...FWIW, two things stand out in my mind that would negate any trade value for TT.....first Dennison and his rigid game plans (with I believe there were 2 exceptions) has pretty much telegraphed he's given up on TT period...and of course the "switch" is here........secondly, I believe there is a minor issue of a $6 mil roster bonus due March 1.....add those up and I think 31 GM's league wide would wait for his release versus ponying up a pick if interested..

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I could  see a team giving up a 3rd for him, but in be shocked to see as high as a 2nd round pick for him. Who knows though, the Browns might give up a 1 for him lol

im thinking the browns might take yet another QB at # 1

21 minutes ago, The juice said:

Per rapsheet 

Last year Taylor lead the Bills to their biggest offensive yardage production day ever...........and two days later he was benched......... and considered a lock to be out of town with zero games left to make his case.

Like it or not he could end up back in the lineup at any moment.   

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Link?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

On #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor: Do not assume they decline Taylor's $6M option in 2018 and move on. His salary is manageable and they believe he'll have trade value, I'm told. Expect them to explore that market before making any moves.

9:21 AM - 19 Nov 2017
Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Last year Taylor lead the Bills to their biggest offensive yardage production day ever...........and two days later he was benched......... and considered a lock to be out of town with zero games left to make his case.

Like it or not he could end up back in the lineup at any moment.  

highly doubtful

I don't blame the Bills for putting this out there but realistically I don't see any team trading for a guy that everybody knows will be released.

But then again if a team truly covets him and don't want to risk a bidding war in FA then you could see a move done but not expecting much and we'd probably be lucky to get what we did for Dareus for Taylor (i.e. conditional late round pick).

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Umm is it within the rules to do this now?

I don't think so.  I'm not certain when trading resumes in the off season.  If it is after the league year begins in March,  then the Bills would have to pay Tyrod his roster bonus and hope someone bites. 

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

On #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor: Do not assume they decline Taylor's $6M option in 2018 and move on. His salary is manageable and they believe he'll have trade value, I'm told. Expect them to explore that market before making any moves.

9:21 AM - 19 Nov 2017

Not a bad idea to keep him around. His contract is small, and when other teams QB's get injured, they will be interested in trading.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't think so.  I'm not certain when trading resumes in the off season.  If it is after the league year begins in March,  then the Bills would have to pay Tyrod his roster bonus and hope someone bites. 

Cant they trade his rights (option) at any time before he becomes a FA?

8 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

First what?

First amendment (Freedom of Speech) - When teams go and tell Beane to "Go outside and play hide and go F himself" when asking for a 1st rd pick. It think that is what he was saying?

Edited by Real McCoy

30 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Trading begins at 4:00pm on March 14th (1st day of 2018).

TT bonus kicks in after 3rd day.

They got a small window to trade without the 6million bonus.