Do you think we can beat Carolina?

Steptide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this team can beat anyone.

With that said the whole season rides on two things.

1. Run game

2. Time of possession

If they can't control those two things I think they'll be exposed and blown out of most games.

This team can hang with anyone if the run game is working and the defense stays fresh.

My Panther concerns are who is covering mccafrey and Olsen. If those two don't have big days I expect the defense to dominate

Carolina isn't terrible, but they aren't exactly a powerhouse.

The Bills can absolutely win the game.

....sure they can win...maybe a SUPREME effort to get McD the "W" in his former home court, which would be sweet......who had Chiefs pummeling Pats at home?.....or the Rams being an "offensive juggernaut"?......sure it's a WELL worn out cliche', but on any given Sunday........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

If we can stuff their run consistently and make them a one dimensional team, and force them to put the offense on Cam's shoulders then I think we have a decent shot at winning. If they run the ball effectively then I think we are in for a long afternoon

Can they? Sure. WILL they? Probably not. But I do think the line is a little high. I'm not a gambler, but this seems to reflect the public perception that they were 15-1 a couple years ago and we just plain suck. But we are not playing this game a couple years ago, as far as I know.

i think the bills absolutely have it in them to win. i'm not sure if they're the better team, but if the coaching is solid and mistakes are limited, why not?

Why not indeed. Bills 21-10.

BTW, Teef, we didn't make it to the opener with many thanks to Irma. We will be there for the Broncos, same time, same station.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1

....sure they can win...maybe a SUPREME effort to get McD the "W" in his former home court, which would be sweet......who had Chiefs pummeling Pats at home?.....or the Rams being an "offensive juggernaut"?......sure it's a WELL worn out cliche', but on any given Sunday........

With McD being carried off the field on Kyle's and Richie's shoulders a la Jim Schwartz, lol.

Yes I do. Cam looked like crap last week

This is the biggest thing i think. If Cam isn't on his game and our Def is the real deal we can definitely pull out a win. Our offense didn't look great but I would say they looked decent, sure moved the ball well.

I think we'll expand the Offense a bit and if all goes well should be a real good game.

This is going to be the test for Tyrod. I expect Luke Keuchly to limit Mccoy. I think Thompson spies Taylor. The middle of the feild should be open and there secondary will be the place to attack. Both of the teams have a similar style. Cam is an emotional guy. Get to him early get him on the ground and he can take himself out of the game mentaly.

Edited by Mat68

There's a number of things that have to happen IMO for the Bills to win this game or it could get out of hand. Not in any particular order:

1 - The offense needs sustained drives with a good mix of pass and run. I think the Panthers will focus on stopping the run and force Taylor to throw the football. He has to get the ball out quicker than he was versus the Jets.

2 - The defense needs to do a good job stopping the run like they did against the Jets. McCaffrey is going to be a nightmare to cover. I'm not scared of any of the other guys.

3 - If they can do #2, they need to get pressure on Cam Newton. If he has as long as McCown did to throw the ball, he could throw for at least 300 yards and 3 TD's.

The only wildcard for me is whether Cam is even 100% at this point. He will get better week to week. I don't doubt that one bit.

i think the bills absolutely have it in them to win. i'm not sure if they're the better team, but if the coaching is solid and mistakes are limited, why not?

Exactly.

I absolutely think the Bills CAN win this game.

Of course we CAN...I think it will be difficult but I'm not sure who has the advantage here coaching wise with knowledge of the other.

McDermott knows their players very well and their strengths and weaknesses both on offense and defense. However, Rivera and Newton know McDermott's scheme very well also.

A slight advantage I'd give to McDermott due to his formal knowledge of their players having coached and been around them for so long.

However, that isn't going to win us the game alone. I see a likely low scoring game that the Bills end up losing late...maybe by a FG or a TD.

Edited by matter2003

If the Bills can win this game we might have ourselves a season...

We play the Jets again... we play Smokin Jay Cutler twice, and he is known for being generous... We have the Colts... We have the Bengals...We have the Chargers, who as always just look OK and love to lose games....

Just get the W this week and who knows what could happen. The AFC looks very mediocre.

I think it'll come down to the Offense executing their game plan well, and the Defense stopping the Panther's potent run game. If the Bills can mange to do both, they've got a heckuva chance at the win.

Edited by Domdab99