NFL least favorite/most annoying media or announcers

Dragonborn10

Is Dierdorf still around? He's in the most annoying hall of fame, I think.

Ditto. Believe he is retired now. To me, at least in his later years, he seemed to have a vendeda against the Bills. He'd honestly piss me off with some of the comments he'd make about them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Dierdorf still around? He's in the most annoying hall of fame, I think.

When he teamed up with Enberg that was the all-time worst duo in sports history.

I don’t know about you, but I appreciate Dan Dierdorf clarifying not once, but twice, that the Ravens-Broncos game could not end in a tie. Me and my buddies were totally shocked by this information. We’re sitting there like idiots trying to figure out how the AFC Championship game would be played the following week with three teams.

Dan Dierdorf whips out this amazing fact from deep inside his NFL rule book. Who knew that a playoff game could not end in a tie? Only Dan Dierdorf, that’s who.

Edited by row_33

Most of them suck. Honestly, cannot think of one who I really like more than dislike.

I do, seemingly unlike most, really like and enjoy the WGR shows. I know they get a bad rap, but try effectively having your job be a baby of the movie Groundhog Day and the Buffalo Bills. The fact that they aren't committed to an institution by now is impressive alone. I think they're generally pretty funny and have a fair, balanced view.

CBS calls an audible, sending Steve Tasker to Houston for Week One

The Bills on Sunday are holding a halftime ceremony to honor players from the Comeback Game against the Houston Oilers in January 1993. Steve Tasker, who played that day, was scheduled to work at the Bills-Jets opener for CBS Sports and to emcee the halftime show. But Hurricane Harvey in Texas led to a change in plans.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/08/cbs-calls-audible-sending-steve-tasker-houston-week-one/

Phil Simms - glad he is gone, the brady love constantly was sickening

Dierdorf - too many hits to the head I think

Collinsworth - too pompous

Joe Buck - too arrogant

Tasker - not that I think he is bad, just during bills games he is

Edit: Does this count for halftime show personalities? Because Boomer Esiason is obnoxious

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Joe Buck.

I've said it before; he tries to make every single play sound like the most epic play in the history of sports, just in case it turns out to be an epic play, and his call can be played back all the time (think Al Michaels "Do you believe in miracles?" type replay). Unfortunately, every play isn't epic and he sounds like an idiot.

Oh, and Gruden is my new Howard Cosell. I know it's a schtick, but the dude cracks me up and makes the game fun.

Any "Officiating Expert".

They say the same stuff over and over and all they do is explain what a penalty is. Which is equally insulting, because we as fans know what a penalty is.

Then they end up agreeing with the call even if the call is wrong.

They are the absolute worst thing to be put into sports broadcasting since FOX's robot and sound effects for highlights.

Can them all!

This is a real tough subject because there are so many I dislike...

Not sure about play-by-play or color...Nothing stands out to me as terrible...Of course nothing real good either...

But #1 on my hate list is Deion Sanders for sure...He's brutal...

Not a big fan of Michael Irvin, or Heath Evans...Evans is such a pompous NE homer it sickens me...Recently I heard him put himself on a pedestal as a team leader in NO, right along side Brees...It was subtle...But it still made me sick... :lol:

Of course the worst info guy IMHO is La Canfora...He gets on my last nerve... B-)

Funny timing for this thread.

Up-thread I said I like Al Michaels.

Then we have the game last night...at the moment I hate Al Michaels (LOL) and continue to find his sidekick highly annoying.

Al is also starting to get old; all great announcers tend to reach that age where they are not as mentally super sharp as they were and it starts to show.

Bob Cole of CBC HNIC fame was one of my favorite announcers of all time; the last 3 to 5 years of his career, he was unlistenable.

Al is not on that level now, but he is not what he was 5 years ago even.

Gruden

I really like Gruden. Sure, he has fun with it and kind of hams it up, but I believe his enthusiasm for the game is genuine and that is usually contagious.

When he praises a young player for making a great play, he almost says it as though he was the kid's coach or father, and just wants to see good things to happen for the kid in his personal life.

That sort of thing is easy to listen to.

This reminds me of the old ESPN commercial with the actress pretending to be Peter Gammon's stalker and talking about how much she loves everything about him then says "but you know who I don't like.......his WIFE" :thumbdown:

If someone says something perceived as unflattering to the Bills(like Al Michaels)...even as a throwaway line...... they become hated by Bills fans.

This reminds me of the old ESPN commercial with the actress pretending to be Peter Gammon's stalker and talking about how much she loves everything about him then says "but you know who I don't like.......his WIFE" :thumbdown:

If someone says something perceived as unflattering to the Bills(like Al Michaels)...even as a throwaway line...... they become hated by Bills fans.

So do you have any announcers you like or don't?

When the Bills played the Lions my Game Pass feed had the Detroit home team announcers. Chris Speilman was the analyst. He was pretty good. I've liked him on college games before too.

Great college player. Great pro player. Great teammate. Great guy. Good announcer. Don't see that very often.

Joe Theismann and Steve Tasker

This, in spades!

My favorite play by play announcer is Al Micheals and favorite color analyst, believe it or not, is Troy Aikman.

Edited by Peace Frog

Micheal Smith and Jamel Hill are putrid I can't watch sports center because of people like these two. It's quite pathetic what ESPN has turned into.

The type of people they are attracting are these reactionary, low educated, faux intellectuals. While the people they are turning away are the people that enjoy sports for what they are an entertainment escape. Ratings have shown how terrible this is for ESPN in recent years but Disney keeps them afloat, apparently to push a social agenda.

It kind of reminds me off the media keeping the WNBA afloat, lets hope someone with a brain steps in at ESPN before it turns into something like that, or ya know one of the other major networks could do something!