Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

WOW!

I really like these moves. Matthews is really solid. No idea about Gaines, but a second and a third are great pickups.

Darby was gross last year and I love Sammy, but he's a huge risk. Probably figured we were not going to take that risk in the offseason, so to get a second and a CB for him now is great.

These guys are clueless.

That's why. I had my suspicions with some moves made in the offseason, this confirms it.

Just another dud brought to buffalo. It's !@#$ing incredible how inept everyone in that organization is.

So when chandler jones gets traded coming off an excellent season, for a 2nd round pick - its a smart plan.

Don't mind the Darby trade, not even initially. Hated the Sammy trade at first, mostly because he is so fun and entertaining to watch when he is on the field, and when he is healthy and gets the ball thrown his direction, he can change the game.

But...

This was Sammy's last year with us anyway. No way we were paying him. Might as well get something in return while we can.

Darby was Darby. Great at times and awful at times. White, Seymour and Gaines actually give us a solid top 3 at CB. I'm not worried about that position now.

We have two picks in each of the first three rounds

Mostly I like it because these are not moves our previous leadership would have made. They're not trying to win 9 or 10 games and sneak into the wildcard (though I believe that is exactly what will happen this year). They are trying to build a foundation and make this team competitive for years to come. That means you have moves like this that sting, but I'll take that if we can be consistently good. Good teams build through the draft and now we can do that.

Anyone remember a team trading two big pieces right after the start of preseason.

That beings an entirely different set of questions, why now!? Did it talk you that long to find a trading partner, or did you just not like what you saw last night? Orrrrr the always possible are you just another terrible GM without a plan. You got a few picks in return, the same kind of picks you traded away to jump around the draft board. GET OUT!

These guys are clueless.

That's why. I had my suspicions with some moves made in the offseason, this confirms it.

Just another dud brought to buffalo. It's !@#$ing incredible how inept everyone in that organization is.

It's clear that they had absolutely no plans to re-sign Sammy, which by itself is an indictment of their team-building philosophy.

The only way that's not true is if there's far more going on behind the scenes than we know about.

• Like (+1) 1

They are a terrible organization. This is no longer an opinion.

I was the biggest homer this board and I have concluded this as well.

They have no gameplan. If you are going to tank, why re-sign TT? How does Kyle Williams feel know?

Does anyone trust this team to pick the right qb? We have a first time head coach and GM picked by the head coach. This team is so @ss backwards.

The Rams must have had to put the phone down from laughing when the Bills offered Sammy for EJ Gaines.

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess the medical reports didn't give the thumbs up for Sammy, Matthews stays on the field.

I SERIOUSLY wonder if there is any medial rationale behind this?

Either that or Bean's future plans didn't include paying a WR that hasn't been 100 a billion dollars...

I think it's funny... everyone outside the organization knows better.

I'm over it already, wasn't expecting 11 wins this season, good things will be honestly developed for the future, and a good draft crop building up.

If I wasn't such a fan, I would be shutting WGR off right now. Murphy and Chris Brown are seriously pissing me off right now trying to spin this.....

Call it what it is.... a huge step backward this season.

To me, the only things that will make these trades worth it is if they finish the job..... Trade Shady, trade Tyrod if possible, etc....

If you're going to take the top players off this team, don't stop here. Go all the way with is and do everything you can to lose the entire season. I hate saying this, but if you're going to tank.....then REALLY TANK.

Honestly, Watkins was gone after this season anyways. So why not do I it now, when you have leverage? I've tried to be a Sammy supporter, but frankly he's been a disappointment for what he cost us.

Not happy about Darby, but whatever.

Don't believe this makes us worse or better at this time. Still a 5-6 win team. Need depth so 2 picks in each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds helps us...either in the draft or more trades.