So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade for Kelvin Benjamin instead. He can play tackle too in a pinch, McD loves versatility.

this guy is going to be out of the league in 2 years or less

Watching coverage on fat Benjamin is hilarious. Fans clamouring it is because they need him at tight end. Why? I guess their TE Olsen must be terrible and they have stud WR's

If he signs with the Ravens they will end up being very lucky. They will add two starting wide outs in June . Huge upgrade for them . The Bills could use a little of that luck

Well...Breaking a 17 year non Playoff streak will go a long way in changing that kind of luck... B-)

Decker would be a nice addition.

I think we are also looking at adding a S or DE. Big depth issues at those positions IMO.

Also, lets get on it people. This thread is only 7 pages long. No way Decker comes here till we top 100!! :flirt:

Edited by RyanC883

How is signing players lucky?

They are making necessary moves to improve their team. The Bills don't want to apparently or they don't feel the money is worth it.

i think the Bills want to see what they have in Zay Jones and Andre Holmes. they could have had Maclin if they really wanted him

Holmes is a proven 4th WR option in the league. I think the Bills and the entire league has "seen what he has".

Zay Jones would be set up better if he was in the slot to start his NFL career.

Bills could've added a big addition to their depth. Not sure how muh money played a part, but it usually always does.

If you have to franchise/plan to extend watkins - carrying over a little cap space is pretty important.

Holmes is a proven 4th WR option in the league. I think the Bills and the entire league has "seen what he has".

Zay Jones would be set up better if he was in the slot to start his NFL career.

Bills could've added a big addition to their depth. Not sure how muh money played a part, but it usually always does.

well Maclin signed a 2 year 11 million deal. rumors were we were offering 1 year at 4.5 million. so we were in the ballpark but it was the extra year that got it done presumably. he wanted more guaranteed money from us was what I heard but the team was probably reluctant because he has been injury prone and they are fresh off the failed Percy Harvin experiment. probably tired of paying injured WR's

I'd be ok with that, or if the Ravens sign Decker too, I imagine them releasing Mike Wallace. He'd fill the roll Maclin was just going to have although I'm not sure he's a McD type player.

I like that thought. Tyrod has a phenomenal deep sideline ball. As soon as you have targets on both sidelines they cannot just roll the FS to Watkins automatically.

They had it figured out with Harvin... just couldn't keep them both on the field.

So basically you need a compliment on the other sideline that can also separate deep and run some decent patterns underneath to prevent the corners from just backing off 15 yards.

Basically a woods and Goodwin hybrid.

who do you think NFL players think is a better qb- Flacco or Tyrod?

I don't think the difference is a wide of margin as you think amongst people inside the NFL. Yes, I agree Flacco is probably more often than not going to be picked as the better QB, especially with a SB on his resume. But lets be real, they had a lot of fortunate things happen for that to be possible (should have never made the SB but blown coverages gave them a late gift) and he's done very little since and his numbers are not that great either.

Who do you think causes more problems for DC to game plan for? I promise you its not Flacco whose leads a medicore offense where Tyrod is the most dangerous QB in the NFL while running, is more efficient, and leads a substantially higher scoring offense.

And most of what Tyrod has accomplished has been with a substantially worse group of receiving weapons as Sammy has barely been healthy the 2 years Tyrod played, yet he is still more efficient, better rating, way less turnovers, etc. So I don't think the gap between them amongst his peers is as big as you think it is.

In fact, I will say it right now...I think Tyrod will have a better year (again) than Flacco this year. He will have more total TD's, less INT's, and lead a higher scoring offense than what Baltimore will do this year. Lets look at them side by side the last 2 years:

Total TD's

TT: 29 games: 47 TD's (1.62 per game)

JF: 26 Games: 39 TD's (1.5 per game)

Tyrods Better

Total Turnovers

TT: 29 games: 19 (0.65 per game)

JF: 26 Games 31 (1.19 per game)

Tyrods a LOT better

Comp %

TT: 29 games: 62.6%

JF: 26 Games: 64.7%

Flacco's Slightly Better

Total Yards Per Game

TT: 29 games: 248.5 yards

JF: 26 Games: 276.5 yards

Joe is Better - but looking at the next 2 stats, way less efficient in getting those yards and comes from sheer VOLUME over efficiency.

Yards Per Attempt

TT: 29 games: 7.42 Yards

JF: 26 Games: 6.57 yards

Tyrods a Lot Better

Average Attempts Per Game

TT: 29 games: 28.1 Att/game

JF: 26 Games: 41.5 Att/game

Flacco throws the ball 13.4 more times per game than TT while TT rushes for 5.6 more times for a net gain of 7.8 MORE combined attempts per game by Flacco and yet only averages 28 more total yards per game on those extra attempts.

Average Points Per Game (only games they were the QB in)

TT: 29 games: 24.7 per game (15 games in 2016 = 25.9)

JF: 26 games: 21.9 per game (16 games in 2016 = 21.4)

Tyrods team a LOT better (despite Baltimore having better WR's and a much better defense).

Career QB Rating:

TT: 92.3

JF: 84.5

Tyrods significantly higher

So you guys can sit back here and say whatever you want, but the FACTS remain that Tyrod has been the better QB the last 2 years with WAY worse coaching, and less talent to throw to due to the injuries that plagued our receivers the last 2 years. If Flacco had NOT won the SB, his status would not be nearly as high as it is, his on field production has been middle of the road outside that one improbable run. And I didn't even bother to identify that massive difference running the ball by TT compared to Flacco as its not even worth comparing as TT is a million times more dangerous and productive at that.

And the funny thing is this: I am not even making a case for Tyrod over Flacco...I am just identifying that the margin isn't nearly as big as some of you want to make it out to be, and that Tyrod (whether you want to believe it or not) gets more respect from his peers than people here do and hasn't been remotely as bad as the nay sayers paint him to be. Especially when you consider the poor coaching and poor health at the WR position.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I don't think the difference is a wide of margin as you think amongst people inside the NFL. Yes, I agree Flacco is probably more often than not going to be picked as the better QB, especially with a SB on his resume. But lets be real, they had a lot of fortunate things happen for that to be possible (should have never made the SB but blown coverages gave them a late gift) and he's done very little since and his numbers are not that great either.

Who do you think causes more problems for DC to game plan for? I promise you its not Flacco whose leads a medicore offense where Tyrod is the most dangerous QB in the NFL while running, is more efficient, and leads a substantially higher scoring offense.

And most of what Tyrod has accomplished has been with a substantially worse group of receiving weapons as Sammy has barely been healthy the 2 years Tyrod played, yet he is still more efficient, better rating, way less turnovers, etc. So I don't think the gap between them amongst his peers is as big as you think it is.

In fact, I will say it right now...I think Tyrod will have a better year (again) than Flacco this year. He will have more total TD's, less INT's, and lead a higher scoring offense than what Baltimore will do this year. Lets look at them side by side the last 2 years:

Total TD's

Tyrods Better

Total Turnovers

Tyrods a LOT better

Comp %

Flacco's Slightly Better

Total Yards Per Game

Joe is Better - but looking at the next 2 stats, way less efficient in getting those yards and comes from sheer VOLUME over efficiency.

Yards Per Attempt

Tyrods a Lot Better

Flacco throws the ball 13.4 more times per game than TT while TT rushes for 5.6 more times for a net gain of 7.8 MORE combined attempts per game by Flacco and yet only averages 28 more total yards per game on those extra attempts.

Tyrods team a LOT better (despite Baltimore having better WR's and a much better defense).

Career QB Rating:

So you guys can sit back here and say whatever you want, but the FACTS remain that Tyrod has been the better QB the last 2 years with WAY worse coaching, and less talent to throw to due to the injuries that plagued our receivers the last 2 years. If Flacco had NOT won the SB, his status would not be nearly as high as it is, his on field production has been middle of the road outside that one improbable run. And I didn't even bother to identify that massive difference running the ball by TT compared to Flacco as its not even worth comparing as TT is a million times more dangerous and productive at that.

And the funny thing is this: I am not even making a case for Tyrod over Flacco...I am just identifying that the margin isn't nearly as big as some of you want to make it out to be, and that Tyrod (whether you want to believe it or not) gets more respect from his peers than people here do and hasn't been remotely as bad as the nay sayers paint him to be. Especially when you consider the poor coaching and poor health at the WR position.

Good post.

Total TD's

Tyrods Better

Total Turnovers

Tyrods a LOT better

Comp %

Flacco's Slightly Better

Total Yards Per Game

Yards Per Attempt

Tyrods a Lot Better

Career QB Rating:

Great post. Sometimes the TT hate gets a little annoying cause almost no one recognizes this.

Total TD's

Tyrods Better

Total Turnovers

Tyrods a LOT better

Comp %

Flacco's Slightly Better

Total Yards Per Game

Yards Per Attempt

Tyrods a Lot Better

Career QB Rating:

FWIW:

@PFF

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor was among the NFL's best under pressure in 2016.

DCOHmwoWAAAcPmv.jpg

Total TD's

Tyrods Better

Total Turnovers

Tyrods a LOT better

Comp %

Flacco's Slightly Better

Total Yards Per Game

Yards Per Attempt

Tyrods a Lot Better

Career QB Rating:

Alternative facts... fake news.

Isn't Anquan Boldin something like 142 years old?

Pretty close. Maybe they should bring Andre Reed back.

When a wr is thinking about a qb of a certain team, I know he likes to include rushing stats too.

They start thinking things like... Where will I get the most opportunities to run block? And not just for the running backs.

:lol: They do? I seriously doubt it.

Total TD's

Tyrods Better

Total Turnovers

Tyrods a LOT better

Comp %

Flacco's Slightly Better

Total Yards Per Game

Yards Per Attempt

Tyrods a Lot Better

Career QB Rating:

This stuff is very interesting and I'm inclined to agree with you. I've never liked Flacco all that much.

However, it's a team game, and it's very difficult to give Flacco and Taylor complete credit or blame for a lot of this. It's just too hard to tell.

What I can do is imagine Flacco at QB for the Bills instead of Taylor. I can't do the opposite, because I don't have a good sense of what the Ravens' offense is like. Imagining Flacco in the Bills' offense, Taylor is clearly better. Taylor's positive yardage plays with his legs would all be lost with Flacco at QB. And Flacco throwing 28 or 30 times a game just wouldn't be so much more effective than Taylor to overcome the difference Taylor creates running.

But even then, it isn't a true comparison. If Flacco had been the Bills' QB for the past two seasons, the Bills would have thrown the ball a lot more. The offense would have been different. So the question isn't which QB is better? The question is which version of the Bills' offense would be better, the version built around Taylor or the version built around Flacco. I think THAT's a close question.

Having said all that, your post is an excellent discussion, one of the best I've seen, of how effective Taylor actually has been. I'm perfecting willing to give the Taylor detractors the right to their opinions, and their opinions may actually be correct. What bothers me about the people who don't like Taylor is that they try to explain why the stats that make it clear that Taylor has been an effective QB for the Bills.

I like that thought. Tyrod has a phenomenal deep sideline ball. As soon as you have targets on both sidelines they cannot just roll the FS to Watkins automatically.

They had it figured out with Harvin... just couldn't keep them both on the field.

So basically you need a compliment on the other sideline that can also separate deep and run some decent patterns underneath to prevent the corners from just backing off 15 yards.

Basically a woods and Goodwin hybrid.

agreed. i think things might have been quite a bit different had both Watkins and Harvin been able to play together for 32 games. this would have covered up many of Tyrod's deficiencies. who needs the middle of the field or anticipation when you have both sideline routes to pick from.

Edited by Foxx

Outside of Watkins and Jones there isn't a lot that inspires me at the WR position. Andre Holmes is the only decent player after Watkins and Jones and I see him more in the Justin Hunter red zone role. So if the team took a flyer on Decker I wouldn't mind it, any attempt to upgrade the reviving corps is welcomed by me.

Outside of Watkins and Jones there isn't a lot that inspires me at the WR position. Andre Holmes is the only decent player after Watkins and Jones and I see him more in the Justin Hunter red zone role. So if the team took a flyer on Decker I wouldn't mind it, any attempt to upgrade the reviving corps is welcomed by me.

We can only get so many wide receiver's on the field at one time.

My concern is injuries....the "next man up" thing

If Watkins and Jones stay fairly healthy this season.....I think we will be good because there are guys who can fill in for spurts in certain roles.

I like that they brought in veteran guys.....guys like Phili Brown, Tate, Streater.......they all have plenty of snaps under their belt

Jeremy Maclin chose to sign with the Ravens because he believes they can build something special

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Staff Writer

...said every free agent ever signed by any team.

are we comfortable with Sammy, Zay, Holmes going into the season? Sammy still not full participant at practice, Zay unproven, Holmes a career backup. makes me nervous

I like it,

SJ was unproven when we bought a loafing primadonna T. O. in for a wasted year...didnt do anything but waste money, lower our draft position and take an extra year to see what SJ had, which was more than what TO had at that point. Zay and those other 2 guys are enough for me to fill 2 positions, Sammy has the other one and will play this year healthy or not. He cant be the huge pu$$ he has been in a contract year. He might even have to catch a screen or god forbid...a pass across the middle!