So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

Right, it had nothing to do with the fact his wife was from Baltimore. The reality is that Tyrod gets a lot more respect around the NFL than he does on this board by people who use every topic to twist it to bash Tyrod in some way.

Shocker...Maclin's decision came down to the team that drafted him where he has roots or the city his wife is close too. Stupid Tyrod...its his fault Maclin was drafted by Eagles and married a woman from Baltimore...what ever shall we do now? :wallbash::doh:

Good post.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ain't brain surgery or our inferiority complex. It's simple, who would you rather have throwing the ball to you, Flacco or Tyrod?

Flacco is considered far better than he plays...in the regular season he is a middling QB...at times awful for numerous games in a row...his team's don't score points.

Yet he is considered by so many to be this great QB...it doesn't add up.

In the postseason he flips a superman switch but in the regular season he is Clark Kent all day.

I'd say Tyrod adds more value to the offensive side of the ball than Flacco does...might not be a better QB but he isn't far behind, Flacco isn't very good in the regular season.

Edited by matter2003

I'm loving what the FO is doing. They're setting prices and are determined not to overpay for people...

We will see! Is it better if they lowball guys and miss talent?maybe, maybe not. Not saying that's the case here as we don't know any details but declaring that it's good we didn't get him is a bit much at this crossroad.

Decker's wife is Jessie James. Ain't no way she is coming to Buffalo.

Oh a talentless reality star who only got a chance to be on TV or record an album because she's reportedly good looking (never seen her, just looked her bio up) is too good for Buffalo? If she couldn't make a career from her supposed talent in NYC, she should resign herself to her actula reality... she's a talentless gold-digging nobody. Anyway, her hubby sucks anyway and can stay away. On the other hand, this is a City full of talentless clowns so she would fit right in, right every hipster?

Oh a talentless reality star who only got a chance to be on TV or record an album because she's reportedly good looking (never seen her, just looked her bio up) is too good for Buffalo? If she couldn't make a career from her supposed talent in NYC, she should resign herself to her actula reality... she's a talentless gold-digging nobody. Anyway, her hubby sucks anyway and can stay away. On the other hand, this is a City full of talentless clowns so she would fit right in, right every hipster?

Positivity reigns supreme. My mom always told me "If you haven't got anything nice to say...."

Tell us how you really feel.

no Maclin...how about Decker?

I'm starting to believe that the FO had no intention of signing Maclin , if anything maybe just out of respect for McCoy they even brought him in for a visit, does anyone know what we offered to Maclin ?

Decker ? I don't think it's even worth talking about it ,

We are building this team through the draft ( right ? that's what Bean and McD were saying)

So IMO we are not signing 30 year old WR's ,

I don't want Decker. I am not generally in favour of throwing cap dollars at receivers unless they are "put you over the top" pieces or genuine star #1s. I just happen to be a big Maclin fan and think he would have had a direct impact on our W-L record in 2017.

It was never get the best FA WR on the market for me.... it was Jeremy Maclin is on the market and might be affordable we should try and get him.

Edited by GunnerBill

I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in Tennessee. They really need a vet WR (starters are currently Rishard Lewis and Corey Davis), have a ton of cap space, and his country singer wife would likely be very happy in Nashville.

I think you mean Rashard Matthews not Lewis.....

Has anyone brought up the fact that Decker would be a perfect fit in NE...he's a "bring your lunchpail to work" type guy, "shifty", "intelligent", receiver. What other adjectives am I forgetting when it comes to players who the Patriots like?

In order to compliment TT, WRs must be able to get open downfield. That's not Decker. In my opinion he's an average WR who put up stellar numbers with Manning.

I agree he isn't a fit here and I also think he is absolutely a #2. The first year he went to New York he was asked to be the #1 and failed.... it was only when Marshall turned up to be the #1 he flourished. A slightly better than average receiver and in the circumstances I have absolutely no interest whatsoever.

Anyone else think the Bills are content with their receivers? I personally do. That being said, Barnidge has stated he wants to be the number one tight end and will groom a younger group which we are not since we have Clay. Decker, I highly doubt he comes for a visit as people have stated earlier in the thread even these "macho men/alpha males" have to answer to their wives 😂

I'd still rather try to ship a pick to Philly for Jordan Matthews.

I think they'd be willing to deal him, and I'm especially convinced of it given their pursuit of Maclin.

I'd be ok with that, or if the Ravens sign Decker too, I imagine them releasing Mike Wallace. He'd fill the roll Maclin was just going to have although I'm not sure he's a McD type player.

I'd still rather try to ship a pick to Philly for Jordan Matthews.

I think they'd be willing to deal him, and I'm especially convinced of it given their pursuit of Maclin.

Yes. I'd ship a 6th to the Eagles for Matthews. Not sure there is a player for player trade that makes obvious sense but happy for others to suggest....

Decker, when cut by the Jets, would be a very good signing on the cheap.

I don't expect the Bills to make anymore major moves.

I expect that they will only sign FA players on the cheap.

I think Beane and McD are looking more towards next year when they will likely have possibly two high R1 picks and $50M+ in cap space to significantly improve the roster.

The Maclin Decker topic has been fun to watch and read.

Lets look at Maclin for a minute.

He played with a QB that won't push the ball down field and is scared to take a chance or let his play makers go up and get the ball (Alex Smith), not to mention he was out played by a TE and a rookie WR in KC, that along with an injury and large contract made him expendable.

Lets take the injuries out of the equation because you can't plan on them.

If he came to Buffalo he wasn't going to beat out Watkins and with the new offense being centered around a TE, he's likely competing with another rookie WR for that #2 role. Taking a deeper look at that new offense, the Bills are more than likely going to be running two TE sets and Maclin would be fighting for playing time with a rookie WR all over again.

Baltimore was a wise choice for him because now he's the #1 guy there and I'm sure Baltimore offered him more money.

IMO - The Bills did something they normally wouldn't do. They didn't over pay for a player. They stuck to their guns and they did what they should have done. They are building for the long haul and not trying to just fill spots and eat up cap room, and Maclin did what he should have done. Took the money and ran.

I think Decker would be in a similar situation and I hope if the Bills decide to kick the tires on him it's only after he is released and then I hope they stick to their plans and don't try and over pay just to get him.

If they wanted to over pay then they should have just kept Woods because he's better and younger, it's wasn't his fault he wasn't used correctly in Buffalo under Rex.

Decker, when cut by the Jets, would be a very good signing on the cheap.

I don't expect the Bills to make anymore major moves.

I expect that they will only sign FA players on the cheap.

I think Beane and McD are looking more towards next year when they will likely have possibly two high R1 picks and $50M+ in cap space to significantly improve the roster.

Ahh, yes, the return of "on the cheap" lingo not seen in these parts for some time.

Refresher course: if a player can be signed "on the cheap" it's because he's not very good/old/injured or a combination thereof. Cheap implies poor quality.

I believe the language you're looking for is "for good value" -- which is completely different than "on the cheap."

are we comfortable with Sammy, Zay, Holmes going into the season? Sammy still not full participant at practice, Zay unproven, Holmes a career backup. makes me nervous

For a running team that has McCoy I would say yes. Missing Sammy takes a dynamic player out of our offense but adding Decker doesn't solve that if Sammy goes down, Maclin might have. I think we might stay away from Decker.

For a running team that has McCoy I would say yes. Missing Sammy takes a dynamic player out of our offense but adding Decker doesn't solve that if Sammy goes down, Maclin might have. I think we might stay away from Decker.

I tend to agree that Maclin was seen as more of a Sammy "insurance policy" -- which also explains why they wouldn't break the bank for him. I will be extremely surprised if the Bills make a hard run at Decker.

I tend to agree that Maclin was seen as more of a Sammy "insurance policy" -- which also explains why they wouldn't break the bank for him. I will be extremely surprised if the Bills make a hard run at Decker.

Yea agreed, because Mac is a game breaker who has shown he can operate as a #1 (last year in Philly and 1st in KC and 1,000 yrds plus both times). So you were getting a top end #2 and a Sammy insurance policy if you needed him to step up. Decker is JUST a #2. I'd be surprised if the Bills are interested unless it is a rock bottom price.

Right, it had nothing to do with the fact his wife was from Baltimore. The reality is that Tyrod gets a lot more respect around the NFL than he does on this board by people who use every topic to twist it to bash Tyrod in some way.

Shocker...Maclin's decision came down to the team that drafted him where he has roots or the city his wife is close too. Stupid Tyrod...its his fault Maclin was drafted by Eagles and married a woman from Baltimore...what ever shall we do now? :wallbash::doh:

who do you think NFL players think is a better qb- Flacco or Tyrod?

I don't think we go after Decker at all. i think they want another TE and possibly a RT if Dawkins doesn't look good. safety is another position where at minimum there's not a lot of depth. probably saving the money to see who gets cut from camps.

I think signing Anquan Boldin ( assuming he'd come here ) would do a world of good for our WR group as a whole...especially Sammy.

I do too, I'm kind of liking what we've had going on with our WR's even without anyone.