So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

I'm loving what the FO is doing. They're setting prices and are determined not to overpay for people...

I agree. Actually, Whaley did that generally too, but this front office seems.more disciplined. They know whom that want and they know how much they're willing to pay. That's how the Pats operate and it makes sense.

One thing I like about it is that it pyts the responsibility to win on the HC. It says to the HC that he will have good talent at a fair price and the rest is up to him. And I think McD welcomes that challenge.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wide Receivers. It's what's for dinner.

I actually think the Ravens will go after Decker, too, and cut Wallace. They don't need both Wallace and Maclin, and may even cut Wallace if they don't get Decker. If I'm the Bills, Wallace does for me what I would have wanted Maclin for.

lol.

No, Gomer. I love what this FO is doing. They have a plan. This seems light years ahead of what the previous FO had.

I liked Whaley. But you're right about this. Whaley was pretty good at getting good talent, but he didn't have a winning plan for the long of talent he needed. If he saw an opportunity to get a good player he got.him, regardless of the fit.

Of course, he had a coach who also didn't have a plan. What we are seeing now is a coach who has a plan working with a gm who is on board with it.

In the case of Maclin, for example, these coaches have seen Holmes and the others and they have an idea about Zay. What they've seen informed their judgment abiut how badly or not they needed a talent like Maclin.

If Buffalo was a limiting factor in the team not landing Maclin, it will immediately disqualify Decker. It ain't happening, folks.

not a good fit for either side. I think he will sign with Tennessee. If I were the Bills I wouldn't bother. Old, injured and expensive. Doesn't fit their player profile. Edited by YoloinOhio

No one wanted him for 7.5 million. It wasn't the trade or compensation, it was having to eat that salary. Although, FWIW, Decker has actually been very healthy over the course of his career. Exception was last year

He's 30 years old coming off both hip and shoulder surgeries. Who knows how that will impact him moving forward.

No one wanted him for 7.5 million. It wasn't the trade or compensation, it was having to eat that salary. Although, FWIW, Decker has actually been very healthy over the course of his career. Exception was last year

But if we learned anything in the 200 page Maclin thread it's that one injury makes someone injury prone

But if we learned anything in the 200 page Maclin thread it's that one injury makes someone injury prone

Maclin had groin and ankle issues while Decker had the shoulder and hip surgeries. At their respective ages of 29 and 30, it has to be a consideration.

are we comfortable with Sammy, Zay, Holmes going into the season? Sammy still not full participant at practice, Zay unproven, Holmes a career backup. makes me nervous

How does decker fix that? People are worried about sammy's injury history and ya'll want Decker?

They valued him at 1.7 not 2.7 million. They didn't want to pay him 2.7 million to be a backup RB.

It would have been the 13th highest cap hit on the team. For a backup... at a position where the best players don't get paid a premium.

In addition, it sets a higher negoitating floor if you are intending to negotiate an extension.

This is a well-stated post that raises some good points, but I respectfully disagree that it was the right move. The Bills are a run-heavy team and have been at the top of the league in rushing the last couple of years. Running will remain a staple of our offense. We have a great starting RB, but he's 29 years old and is likely to be injured at some point in the season and/or hit the proverbial wall which usually happens when RBs hit 30. A backup RB means more to a team like the Bills than it does to most other teams and we let a really good one go for a difference of roughly 900,000 when we were able to free up roughly $11 Million in cap space. I think (as others have stated) that this was a mistake made by the Whaley administration that would not likely have been made by the Beane leadership team. I think they gambled (that nobody else would sign him to an offer sheet) and lost.

And props to the guy with the Ruvell Martin comment!

Edited by msw2112

"A team like the Saints might be a difference maker or two away from playoff contention. The Bills, on the other hand, are one away from keeping their head above water."

I don't feel like Decker is a difference maker unless impressively healthy at this point in time, in this offense.

I don't feel like Decker is a difference maker unless impressively healthy at this point in time, in this offense.

....and why draft youngsters with potential if you think the "grass MUST be greener with aging or dinged veterans" anyway??.....

....and why draft youngsters with potential if you think the "grass MUST be greener with aging or dinged veterans" anyway??.....

each situation has it's own story to tell.

I feel Decker is winding down as compared Maclin has some more years doing his gig running fast.

Dear Sir.

I am Always about developing players in a system.

How about we pick one and stick to it for minute or 3

; )

this

I'm fine going with the young guys and seeing what we've got

I think he'd make a nice veteran addition. But it's not happening.

I as hoping for Vet to come help along Watkins and Zay.

Maybe Holmes will be that guy.

Decker will get paid, yet again.

Edited by 3rdand12

are we comfortable with Sammy, Zay, Holmes going into the season? Sammy still not full participant at practice, Zay unproven, Holmes a career backup. makes me nervous

Its not the WRs that should make you nervous. They are only as good as the one throwing them the ball.

We aren't a team that will throw a lot so a Bildin type might be exactly what we need.

I said I prefer Decker to Maclin because Tyrod isn't the most accurate thrower and Decker has good size. But to a veteran WR, it's going to be hard for the Bills to sign them. We are thought of as losers who are a bad passing team.

This ain't brain surgery or our inferiority complex. It's simple, who would you rather have throwing the ball to you, Flacco or Tyrod?

Jets released WR Eric Decker.

After announcing they planned to trade or release him at the end of last week, the Jets were true to their word. They saved $7.25M in cap space. The 30-year-old receiver is returning from hip and shoulder surgeries, but should have no issue finding immediate work. The Bills and Eagles are potential suitors given their pursuit of Jeremy Maclin.

NFL Network's Mike Garofolo "highly doubts" the Eagles will pursue free agent Eric Decker.

Garofolo says the Eagles made a run at Jeremy Maclin "because they like him and he likes them," but otherwise Philly is "comfortable with their receiver corps as is." Even after landing Maclin, the Ravens maintain interest in Decker and are probably the favorites to land him. The Bills lost out on Maclin, but it's unclear if their wide receiver interest would extend to Decker.

Is it the exception or what happens over the course of a career when your body starts getting beat up over time?

This ain't brain surgery or our inferiority complex. It's simple, who would you rather have throwing the ball to you, Flacco or Tyrod?

Right, it had nothing to do with the fact his wife was from Baltimore. The reality is that Tyrod gets a lot more respect around the NFL than he does on this board by people who use every topic to twist it to bash Tyrod in some way.

Shocker...Maclin's decision came down to the team that drafted him where he has roots or the city his wife is close too. Stupid Tyrod...its his fault Maclin was drafted by Eagles and married a woman from Baltimore...what ever shall we do now? :wallbash::doh:

Edited by Alphadawg7