So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're not giving the Jets a draft pick AND taking on $15m over 2 years for Decker. If he gets cut, there's no way he signs in Buffalo, as there will be many suitors. Hate it or not, the WRs we have on the roster now are what we're going into the season with.

Decker would not come to Buffalo, end of discussion. The tank is in full effect now.

Also, per Josina Anderson:

"I'm trying told WR Jeremy Maclin's decision actually came down b/w the #Ravens and the #Eagles, not the #Bills. Baltimore won."

Bills were never in any sort of discussions. Interesting.

Edited by BillsMedia

we're not giving the Jets a draft pick AND taking on $15m over 2 years for Decker. If he gets cut, there's no way he signs in Buffalo, as there will be many suitors. Hate it or not, the WRs we have on the roster now are what we're going into the season with.

If there were no questions about Sammy staying healthy, this group as is would look pretty promising. So I don't think we are desperate by any means at WR. I think we are vulnerable due to the inability for Sammy to be healthy the last 2 seasons consistently, but if he is finally truly past that then I think we are in better shape than most think.

are we comfortable with Sammy, Zay, Holmes going into the season? Sammy still not full participant at practice, Zay unproven, Holmes a career backup. makes me nervous

Exactly, how I feel.

If there is a guarantee that Sammy can stay on the field and be effective, then, I am content with our group.

If not we'll see again how no one else on the field can stretch it like Sammy can.

For what it's worth, I am more upset about losing Mike Gillislee than losing Maclin. Gillislee is younger, in the prime of his career, is coming off a great year, and was WITHIN THE BILLS CONTROL to retain. I lament the organization's short-sightedness in not putting a second round tender on him. Perhaps they truly felt that a 5th round draft pick is worthy compensation and that they can find a successor to Mike, just like Mike was the successor to Karlos Williams. Back to Maclin, I would have liked to have him on the roster, but he is 29, coming off an injury-plagued year in which his stats declined and perhaps his contract demands were too high. I'm disappointed, but like a previous poster, won't lose any sleep over this. I feel the same way about Decker. Would love to have him, but won't lose any sleep if the Bills don't land him.

Edited by msw2112

no thanks, over the hill

We aren't a team that will throw a lot so a Bildin type might be exactly what we need.

I said I prefer Decker to Maclin because Tyrod isn't the most accurate thrower and Decker has good size. But to a veteran WR, it's going to be hard for the Bills to sign them. We are thought of as losers who are a bad passing team.

For what it's worth, I am more upset about losing Mike Gillislee than losing Maclin. Gillislee is younger, in the prime of his career, is coming off a great year, and was WITHIN THE BILLS CONTROL to retain. I lament the organization's short-sightedness in not putting a second round tender on him. Perhaps they truly felt that a 5th round draft pick is worthy compensation and that they can find a successor to Mike, just like Mike was the successor to Karlos Williams. Back to Maclin, I would have liked to have him on the roster, but he is 29, coming off an injury-plagued year in which his stats declined and perhaps his contract demands were too high. I'm disappointed, but like a previous poster, won't lose any sleep over this. I feel the same way about Decker. Would love to have him, but won't lose any sleep if the Bills don't land him.

that was Whaley. he liked J Will and probably felt Gillislee was a random FA pickup that mostly benefitted from our running game. i wonder if Beane would have handled it differently

@SalSports

Would be surprised if Bills kicked tires as hard on Decker. McDermott's familiarity with Maclin mattered....1/

..Also wouldn't be in line with McDermott's philosophies to be jumping at a 30 yo coming off both shoulder and hip surgeries.

Yeah, I never thought or think Decker would be a real interest of the Bills.

Decker would not come to Buffalo, end of discussion. The tank is in full effect now.

Also, per Josina Anderson:

"I'm trying told WR Jeremy Maclin's decision actually came down b/w the #Ravens and the #Eagles, not the #Bills. Baltimore won."

Bills were never in any sort of discussions. Interesting.

That's a convenient way to gain public "credibility" without any risk. You could make that type of stuff up all the time. If the Eagles deny, then they are denying because they didn't get their guy. Throwing the Bills under the bus is like sports journalism 101 these days. I'm not saying she's wrong or that I have proof of anything, but I give very little credence to this type of "news."

Furthermore, to conclude that the "Bills were never..." is a bit of an overstatement. They had the guy into town. He stayed, talked, etc. I don't think we are a cesspool of depression anymore. McDermott and Bean just aren't giving into contract demands like the previous regime. I think if the last FO was still around, we would have worked his contract in his favor (massively) AND figured out a way to reverse his release from KC so we could trade a draft pick to them too! :)

Just because we don't sign everyone we talk to doesn't mean our FO is failing and just because Josina posts some "news" doesn't mean we should pay attention.

that was Whaley. he liked J Will and probably felt Gillislee was a random FA pickup that mostly benefitted from our running game. i wonder if Beane would have handled it differently

I think that may be part of why we have Beane and not Whaley at this point.

We aren't a team that will throw a lot so a Bildin type might be exactly what we need.

I said I prefer Decker to Maclin because Tyrod isn't the most accurate thrower and Decker has good size. But to a veteran WR, it's going to be hard for the Bills to sign them. We are thought of as losers who are a bad passing team.

Boldin would be more valuable as a veteran receiver that could help teach these youngsters some tricks on playing the position in the NFL.

@SalSports

Would be surprised if Bills kicked tires as hard on Decker. McDermott's familiarity with Maclin mattered....1/

..Also wouldn't be in line with McDermott's philosophies to be jumping at a 30 yo coming off both shoulder and hip surgeries.

Plus Eric Decker is a giant douche bag.

They valued him at 1.7 not 2.7 million. They didn't want to pay him 2.7 million to be a backup RB.

It would have been the 13th highest cap hit on the team. For a backup... at a position where the best players don't get paid a premium.

In addition, it sets a higher negoitating floor if you are intending to negotiate an extension.

Edited by dneveu

Boldin would be more valuable as a veteran receiver that could help teach these youngsters some tricks on playing the position in the NFL.

Thought we should get him last year after he caught 69 for 789 yards and 4 TDs, and think we should get him this year after he caught 69 for 584 yards and 8 TDs.

Therefore, I fully expect him to visit and leverage us before re-signing with the Lions around training camp.