Bills Release Marcus Easley.

#Bills release WR Marcus Easley.

1 reply5 retweets7 likes
Retweet

Bills have released WR Marcus Easley, saving $1.025 million off their salary cap. Easley missed all of last season with a serious knee injury suffered late in the 2015 season. Easley was a key special teams contributor for the Bills prior to the injury.

I don't know how this guy made it this long. A complete zero and wasted roster spot for much to long

I don't know how this guy made it this long. A complete zero and wasted roster spot for much to long

Other then being one of the best ST's players in the NFL for a number of years

There ARE 3 phases to a football team

He's was actually a very good gunner for 2 seasons. Probably our best ST player which does earn you a roster spot. But right now it's all about dropping that cap number.

he was a great gunner..nothing else.good job,OBD

This is a complete rebuild.But only on ST....which is perfectly acceptable to me.we sucked a** lately,time to go fresh.wonder is striker is available as a fa?

Bills have released WR Marcus Easley, saving $1.025 million off their salary cap. Easley missed all of last season with a serious knee injury suffered late in the 2015 season. Easley was a key special teams contributor for the Bills prior to the injury.

Bills can resign him later if there is still interest; no sense tying up money before free agency.

Nice ST player but the Bills aren't going to make the playoffs keeping nice players who are complacent in their role as a backup and ST player.

Watching that knee injury happen in the Dallas game broke my heart. He worked his butt off on ST and constantly made terrific plays during Marrone's first couple of years to earn that new contract, after having fought through the heart complications.

BM4J, good grief - your temperament is as volatile as anyone's

Conversely, before Rex's first year, if he didn't resign with us, it's highly likely back on BBMB you'd vent and spit out the generic comments about how we refused to keep our own, right?

I think after last year, the Bills will be leery of any wideout with an injury history. We are already married to Sammy, and we can't have games where our top 4-5 WRs are out.

Marcus is such a "could have been" guy.

Had the skills and "could have been" a great player, at WR even.... but had bad injury luck. I wish him the best, as he definitely left it all on the field.

Marcus Easley gave the Bills everything he had. Was an outstanding STer, but the injury bug bit him hard. I will never forget that 58-yard rainbow he caught from EJ in the ill-fated Jax game. Best of luck to Marcus Easley, a true Buffalo Bill.

I was sitting right there at the end of Wembley. Was a quite magnificent throw. Might be the best pass EJ threw as a Bill. Easley was a top 3 gunner in his 2014/15 prime, but he never contributed much as a receiver and never seemed to be able to put it all together. I wish him luck but for a cap tight team this was the obvious move.

You mean he made some plays one season. The number of years you are referring to he sat on IR. I said we should have cut this guy for 3 years ago. Waste of space. All he did was collect a check.