Whaley wants Cardale to be 2017 starter

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is holding us back Terry, I know Rex wanted him here but look at that buffoons defense and now look at our QB he is missing my wide open WR studs!!! Studs Doug? Yes Terry, studs. Anyone I sign is a stud and anyone I pick in the draft is...take a guess Terry? Come On!!? You know it!! Once we get rid of these two we will be sipping champagne from the Stanley Cup. O wait a minute.

4-12 should ruin the illusion of being close.

Per Vic carucci Whaley is in favor of starting Cardale Jones next season

:lol: literally laughed out loud

I like Cardale but DW has been a big part of a front office that has missed on guys like Russell Wilson, David Carr and Dak Prescott......passed right under his nose....but he trusts his eyes on Cardale? Hmmm :flirt::lol:

Per Vic carucci Whaley is in favor of starting Cardale Jones next season

I like Whaley and he has made some mistakes. I think this would be a mistake. Maybe not. But, what i really think is Vic is just swinging for the fences with no facts at all.

If this is true then Whaley

/job

If this is true then Whaley

/job

If not then Vic is also

/no accountability

Whoops!

I like Cardale but DW has been a big part of a front office that has missed on guys like Russell Wilson, David Carr and Dak Prescott......passed right under his nose....but he trusts his eyes on Cardale? Hmmm :flirt::lol:

Seems you are defending Whaley, since you cite 31 other FOs that made the same choice as DW inyourexample

Well that's one way to get Cardale some reps and get him 16 games so we can tell if he's any good. I'm sure Whaley would like Cardale to earn the starting spot, doubt he will. If he starts we find out if he can handle it and if not we have a high first round draft pick next year assuming we don't trade it away before then. Team morale would be in the crapper, but we'd have a shot at a top qb, so there's that.

op.....source?

When all is said and done, the Bills could very well determine their best move is to swallow hard and stroke the check for Taylor. Otherwise, they might be inclined to follow through with a plan that is thought to be appealing to at least one member of their hierarchy, General Manager Doug Whaley, and that is going with Cardale Jones as the starter.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/02/10/bills-quarterback-options-beyond-taylor-look-slim/

"thought to be appealing"

I think you mean Derek Carr....

Jones will get you exactly what TT will get you this year... out of the postseason. might as well tinker; until the Pats come back to earth and we don't start every season 0-2 in the division/conference, we ain't goin' anywhere

Yeah good strategy - throw up the white flag because the Patriots are in our division. Why even bother trying to beat them. ~ sarcasm

Maybe it's DW plan to stink for Darnold in 2018.

Darnold was a freshman this season, yes? Not eligible to declare next season.

You know... I'm not completely averse to this. Tank the season with Cardale / find out what his ceiling is, and then have a top pick --- if not THE top pick in what some are saying is a very good QB draft. Colts did it to get Luck.

Lamar Alexander, anyone?

Edited by UConn James

Darnold was a freshman this season, yes? Not eligible to declare next season.

You know... I'm not completely averse to this. Tank the season with Cardale / find out what his ceiling is, and then have a top pick --- if not THE top pick in what some are saying is a very good QB draft. Colts did it to get Luck.

Lamar Alexander, anyone?

Lamar Jackson?

Darnold was a RS freshman so he is eligible for the draft next year.

He's also eligible to go back to school when team he doesn't want to play for has the #1 pick. There's way too many variables not the least of which is that jury is still very much out on him being a can't miss guy to be tanking a season on.

That is true. The only guy that I remember projected to go 1 that went back and was still picked 1st though was Luck. Most guys are advised that if they are projected there to go because it may not look like that a year from now. See Matt Barkley, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Leinart, etc...

what about the other 31 front offices that passed on them too

Lamar Jackson?

Darnold was a RS freshman so he is eligible for the draft next year.

OK, well that just adds to the QB class to pick from.

Lamar Jackson. Haven't had any caffeine yet....

We're in nowheresville until we have a franchise QB and I'm sorry to say that isn't TT. Really wanted it to be him but it's just not.