CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills beat the Browns and the Patriots win Monday night vs. the Ravens and next week vs. the Broncos the Bills can't be eliminated next week even if all the other games go against them.

Don't the Dolphins have to finish 8-8 for the Bills to make it? I think the Dolphins have to lose out.

Edited by Arkady Renko

@john_wawrow

Not saying changes will or won't happen. Will say there's no indication decisions have been reached based on people I've talked to. #Bills.

Only thing that seems more unlikely is Tyrod's extension being picked up.

until we find out its a whole "Rams/Fisher thing and the Bills actually picked up the option just before the season started and just waiting to make the announcement.

The season is not over, why do it now?

why wait? Get rid of the cancer as soon as possible and get the loser and his dimwit brother as far as possible away from this team.

If they're more interested in Lynn for next year than in Rex? Nice chance to evaluate him.

atleast it will give them some tape to evaluate him on to figure out if he is a candidate or just a courtesy interview

If Pegula is going to fire Rex, it's either going to be tomorrow morning or he will wait until after the final game. It will not happen in between. The Bills will most likely win next week and probably their final three games. You can fire him after a win. So if Pegula truly wants to fire Rex, quite honestly, tomorrow makes the most sense by far. Right after two horrible uninspired losses.

If Pegula is going to fire Rex, it's either going to be tomorrow morning or he will wait until after the final game. It will not happen in between. The Bills will most likely win next week and probably their final three games. You can fire him after a win. So if Pegula truly wants to fire Rex, quite honestly, tomorrow makes the most sense by far. Right after two horrible uninspired losses.

This could be where the stories came from.

Someone in the front office wants Rex out.

Chances are very good the team could go 3-0 over the last few, making it tough to can him and bench the QB when they go 9-7.

Now is the time. Let Lynn and whoever at QB go 3-0 and sell hope for next season

I don't have a problem with Ryan staying but he would need to get a different QB.

I think competent QB play this year would have some more wins and the bills squarely in the playoffs.

So I wouldn't mind seeing what Rex could do with a competent QB but it seems Rex is stuck on having Tyrod as his QB. If he wouldn't budge from Tyrod then, see ya later Rex.

Wgr saying carucci says pegula doesnt like in season firings and whaley wants ej to start last 3

Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha....

Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha

If the Taylor contract must be picked up if Taylor is injured, there is no way he plays in any way in the last 3 games. And that absolutely would be a point of firing the HC if he disagrees and plans on going against ownership.

That is why the whole "the GM picks the players and the coach coaches" is too simplistic a way to run the team. One overall decision maker is the only way that things can be done.

We are currently right !@#$ed.

Edited by BrooklynBills

Yikes. EJ blows. Whaleys delusional with EJ.

he would simply be going out there as a sacrificial lamb. Pegula may be eating a lot of cash soon. TT getting hurt during the remaining meanlingless gmes. Would make him a wealthy man. And add to fired coaching staff payouts.

Greg Roman still collects game checks as the highest paid Oc in the league. Nice deal if you can get it.

he would simply be going out there as a sacrificial lamb. Pegula may be eating a lot of cash soon. TT getting hurt during the remaining meanlingless gmes. Would make him a wealthy man. And add to fired coaching staff payouts.

Greg Roman still collects game checks as the highest paid Oc in the league. Nice deal if you can get it.

So obvious Roman was not the problem.

I agree with Old School - "I don't have a problem with Ryan staying but he would need to get a different QB.

I think competent QB play this year would have some more wins and the bills squarely in the playoffs.

So I wouldn't mind seeing what Rex could do with a competent QB but it seems Rex is stuck on having Tyrod as his QB. If he wouldn't budge from Tyrod then, see ya later Rex." I haven't missed a Bills game in over 30 years but if Rex is still the head coach and Tyrod is still the starting QB then I'm done until one of them is gone (they better bench TT). I highly recommend starting EJ next week as I feel we still don't know how he's developed but Tyrod has regressed this year and is painful to watch him not throw the ball.

As I've said before, I'm fine with a QB that throws picks as long as I know he has the ability to rack up 300+ yrds and a chance to win the game at almost any time aka Jim Kelly or Big Ben. Just throw the dang ball already.

We most likely would have been in the playoffs last year if we had promoted Jim Schwartz to HC instead of hiring this circus crew. Rex is starting to remind me of Trump, 1) your never know what he'll say next, 2) you can never believe a word he says & 3) somewhat entertaining with what he say's

Go Bills!!!!!

FWIW I have a family member who gets lots of free tickets from a contact in the organization...nice fancy box seats...not anyone high up mind you...the person has a title that would make you say...that job really exists?

Word is that Rex is gone today. Not pretending to be that !@#$, or the next "never give up"...but it was interesting enough to pass on...will be interesting to see if it happens...I don't recall if there was a time frame given of 100 PM like some reports...

It is like "I know guy who cleans the carpets for a girl who does Rex wife toes who says the end is coming"...but though it had enough possible credibility to pass on...take it with a grain of salt.

As for who Whaley wants to start, he'd choose me over Taylor because of the latter's contract situation. He is desperate for Taylor not to see the field in the final three games because the start of the 2017 season is less than three months away. A torn hamstring or groin will still be torn on that date.

FWIW I have a family member who gets lots of free tickets from a contact in the organization...nice fancy box seats...not anyone high up mind you...the person has a title that would make you say...that job really exists?

Word is that Rex is gone today. Not pretending to be that !@#$, or the next "never give up"...but it was interesting enough to pass on...will be interesting to see if it happens...I don't recall if there was a time frame given of 100 PM like some reports...

It is like "I know guy who cleans the carpets for a girl who does Rex wife toes who says the end is coming"...but though it had enough possible credibility to pass on...take it with a grain of salt.

Not sarcastic....every rumor I've ever read here is true. So good. He's gone.

This place really has differing opinions but it seems like everyone who has tidbits of inside info is honestly trying to pass it on. So that's nice. God bless us every one.

Thanks for the scoop.

Edited by Billschinatown

I've head similar its done deal but organization not sure if they do it now or wait. They're taking time in short time on this

looking at stats from E.J. last year when we were behind both games againts Bengals and Jacksonville . When behind 99.9 qb rating 69.2% com pct. 8.1 yards per att. This year when Taylor was behind 86.1 qb rating. 61.6 com. pct. 7.5 yds per att. When behind by 9-16 pts Taylor 63.7 com. pct . 7.4 yds att. And E.J. 66.7 com pct. 7.3 yds att. One guy has 16 starts and the other has 26 starts. 16 starts for a qb is not a lot of starts. He still can get better. 26 starts you have a better idea of what you have. Everybody talks about E.J. games againts Giants and Jacksonville. Both games were close. Yes he played bad againts Jacksonville in the beginning . But didn't let it get him down, he kept slinging it, Wasn't scared to throw the ball like I see Taylor looked. 16 starts compare to 26 starts one had most of his starts in first two years in the NFL and the other 5 years sitting and learning in the NFL. Both raw coming out of college. I would think a QB sitting for 5 years before he gets to start would be better than somebody just coming out of college. Both being raw that is.

Edited by Hanoverbills

Rex has been a disaster since he got here.

Fans calling for his head last year were bombarded by the apologists all offseason as they blamed Mario and others for his **** defense. My eyes didn't lie. Rexs coaching and defense are putrid. Good riddance.

You ever heard of heat maps?