CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think the report "Bills will promote Anthony Lynn to HC but look for someone else after the season" would go over?

Whats wrong with that? Thats whay they should do. Someone takes over the HC lynn i guess.. and come off season they should be looking elsewhere. Even how you worded it doesnt guarantee lynn doesnt get it. It just guarantees that if he did he interviewed and was the best option

Whaley has been really good with Pro-personnel and I generally like the guy, but if you are going to fire Rex, take the time and just wipe the whole slate clean...Just start fresh...

I have hopes for Jones, but don't expect much really...

In his defense, he is better than Geno....

Right...because that approach has worked so well the past 7 times we've tried it in the drought

Whaley seems to have issues working with coaches.

That's not the worst thing in the world, though. There should be some checks.

I don't get where the issue would be with Rex. Whaley has seemingly gone out and signed everyone Rex wanted.

What are you talking about? He barely had time to learn Marrone's name before he was gone, and now he's with Rex. That's a total of two HCs. And he supported both by bringing in their coaches, their pet players, and the kinds of players both claimed they needed to "make it work." Seems like he did everything he could to support them. That the outcome was mediocrity says more about Marrone and Ryano than Whaley.

Marv Levy says hello

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Right...because that approach has worked so well the past 7 times we've tried it in the drought

So we keep the status quo and keep losing; what are you seeing in this team that I am missing?

We had a top 5 defense that hadn't even peaked yet and we gave it up for Rex Ryan.

Insane!!! Why would you hire a HC that declared the intention to do that in the hiring process.

If Rex doesn't have the stones to bench a non-performing QB then he needs to be fired. Please Rex, PLEASE - bench Tyrod!!!!!!!!!!!

The team has quit on TT. They don't want him out there and if the management/coaching staff can't see that then some serious heads need to roll.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If Rex doesn't have the stones to bench a non-performing QB then he needs to be fired. Please Rex, PLEASE - bench Tyrod!!!!!!!!!!!

The team has quit on TT. They don't want him out there and if the management/coaching staff can't see that then some serious heads need to roll.

Rex is too in love with running the ball and playing great defense. The problem is his defense isn't that good.

Silver lining to losing, huh?

This is just sad. Spin it as year 2, but it really feels like we are going to hit 20 years. It all just needs to change....

Different time, with a different owner who has no ties to any employee there. Sometimes, you just need to wipe the entire slate clean to start fresh.

I see the same issue even with bringing Rex back for next season if the team goes without Taylor. Say Rex is coach next year but no TT, C Jones is QB, can easily see team only with 4 or 5 games in 2017. Do you then can Rex the end of 2017, likely, but then why not do it now the end of this season. If you're planning to move on from TT may as well move on from Rex too.

Here is the issue. Front office play jones
Rex. Guarantee me I will be back if we go 6-10
Crickets
That is why tomorrow will be a big day with a loss
Rex will either definitely be back or fired tomorrow

This is pretty funny that the ground crew didn't figure out using a blower wasn't going to create this result.

One of the funniest things I've seen since "for the love of God, I thought turkeys could fly!"

Fire the ground crew too.

I see the same issue even with bringing Rex back for next season if the team goes without Taylor. Say Rex is coach next year but no TT, C Jones is QB, can easily see team only with 4 or 5 games in 2017. Do you then can Rex the end of 2017, likely, but then why not do it now the end of this season. If you're planning to move on from TT may as well move on from Rex too.

I think you have to look at Whaley as well. He is much as responsible for this roster as Rex. Clay just dropped a pass that was IN HIS HANDS. I think Whaey, Rexy, and TT are the three musketeers.You have to boot them all.

Ok, I'm not saying the Bills keep Rexy and TT. I say the Bills fire Rexy and TT, resign Manuel and hire Jim Schwartz as HC.

Your probably right. Rex and TT go, and the Bills win the super bowl next year. This roster is garbage. The OL is just terrible and Rex's play calling is terrible.

I generally do not subscribe to the "simplistic" approach that is found on this board; if you are serious and really think Rex and TT are the answer I would be willing to talk offline and make several monetary wages with you if the two of them are around in 2017! Let me know!

I don't know what Brandon does but whoever runs the marketing department needs to be fired. Why is it that I can find NFL merchandise for every team but the Bills?

All the Twin Fair stores have closed. You might have to look online.

Your probably right. Rex and TT go, and the Bills win the super bowl next year. This roster is garbage. The OL is just terrible and Rex's play calling is terrible.

I see the defense is making big stops again today, just like against the Raiders!

Just because they kept the team in Buffalo doesn't mean they are good at running it.

Would hate to think that someone would be overly critical after one bad coaching hire. They were bamboozled by the blowhard. Hopefully it's a lesson learned. Let Whaley make the decision. If it becomes a trend then flame away at them.

Would hate to think that someone would be overly critical after one bad coaching hire. They were bamboozled by the blowhard. Hopefully it's a lesson learned. Let Whaley make the decision. If it becomes a trend then flame away at them.

Why let Whaley do anything? He's bad too. Fire everyone and start over.

It's a trend with the Sabres.

They will not fire Rex with 3 games left. I wouldn't put the number at 0% chance but it wouldn't be much higher.

pretty much, the best thing now is we lose out and clean house. I know Brandon is going nowhere but if they leave him TOTALLY out of football decisions and let him do marketing I would be fine with that.

If Rex is gone with Whaley still around, let him pick his own FN coach next time.

Exactly. It was great that the Pegula's bought the team and kept them in Buffalo, but their first huge move was a horrible mistake. Either fire Whaley and start with a new GM search or keep him and let him hire the coach.

Whaley should be being graded on his coaching hire, which is as big in itself as the entire roster is. Instead, the team is stuck with a crappy head coach and nobody to answer for it; so no definitive answer on the way forward.

Personally, I like Whaley and the roster he is building, but if he were responsible for the Rex hire I would be on board with booting him. The coaching hire is too big to screw up.

Get it right this time Terry/Kim. Let him hire his own guy and stay out of it!!