CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

If anyone thinks the Bills are a joke right now that absolutely pales in comparison to how much of a joke they'd be if they fired a coach less than two years into a five year contract whose production is pretty much on par with the talent he's been given to work with.

... while proven front office failures remain.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dump Rex, burn it all...get rid of the stench fully

A darn shame but that doesn't look like it will happen. The prevailing thought seems to give Whaley more time and his pick at QB in Jones some playing time. Like he "might be" another Dak Prescott...sure if the Bills trade offensive lines and receiver corps along with offensive coaches with Dallas.

I doubt they'll whack Rex during the season. After Week 17 he's gone

Unless maybe the Bills drop an epic turd burger against the Steelers

I could see TT getting benched with a poor performance so they Bills can start to evaluate CJ. This would also signal the end is nigh for Rex

Its happening

A darn shame but that doesn't look like it will happen. The prevailing thought seems to give Whaley more time and his pick at QB in Jones some playing time. Like he "might be" another Dak Prescott...sure if the Bills trade offensive lines and receiver corps along with offensive coaches with Dallas.

Whaley has been really good with Pro-personnel and I generally like the guy, but if you are going to fire Rex, take the time and just wipe the whole slate clean...Just start fresh...

I have hopes for Jones, but don't expect much really...

Whaley was the one who went to Fla to personally scout EJ and stated just after the draft EJ was his guy.

In his defense, he is better than Geno....

They will not fire Rex with 3 games left. I wouldn't put the number at 0% chance but it wouldn't be much higher.

With a loss to the Steelers , the Bills almost nonexistent playoff hopes will be extinguished. If you are going to change HC, it's not a bad idea to get it out there right away. Go interim at HC and start your inquiries early for interviews during the playoffs. Not all that far fetched. It's how to do business in the NFL.

With a loss to the Steelers , the Bills almost nonexistent playoff hopes will be extinguished. If you are going to change HC, it's not a bad idea to get it out there right away. Go interim at HC and start your inquiries early for interviews during the playoffs. Not all that far fetched. It's how to do business in the NFL.

Agree. Get a headstart.

Whaley has been really good with Pro-personnel and I generally like the guy, but if you are going to fire Rex, take the time and just wipe the whole slate clean...Just start fresh...

I have hopes for Jones, but don't expect much really...

In his defense, he is better than Geno....

It's a darn shame that Rex's defense stinks so badly because i can live with this year's version of him not being a blowhard while stuffing his foot in mouth every week.

The difference between the Steelers and Bills is on the field for the world to see as it's not just the coaching that's bad. This is a "run-first team" that can't find a way to run in some games and then the entire offense lands on the running QB's shoulders. Can't run, can't throw, defense stinks...yea, I'd also say blow it all up!

not according to a friend who is the bills head scout for the southeast. doug did say ej was his guy but in support of buddy.

Right after that year's draft, there were videos put up by the team on their website in which Whaley stated EJ was entirely his guy.

Dunno if it's even still there and I'm far too lazy to look for it at this time.

My God - common sense post!

It's a darn shame that Rex's defense stinks so badly because i can live with this year's version of him not being a blowhard while stuffing his foot in mouth every week.

The difference between the Steelers and Bills is on the field for the world to see as it's not just the coaching that's bad. This is a "run-first team" that can't find a way to run in some games and then the entire offense lands on the running QB's shoulders. Can't run, can't throw, defense stinks...yea, I'd also say blow it all up!

^ This sums it up...

Same ole ...so they would promote Lynn and consider him for a HC because of course they only hire the best in Buffalo and can't let Lynn slip away!!!

How about taking the hiring process seriously and rounding up all the potential candidates before setting your sights on just one. Lynn's game planning has been as up and down as the rest of this staff, he gets a pass because he is new but I would be very disappointed if they don't clean house.

Keep Rex for another year, or burn it all down. Stop half assing things. Pleassssssseeeeeee stop the suck.

when has a team ever fired a hc during a season and brought someone in from outside to finish out the year? And they only said the bills could consider Lynn for the full time job next year, like some teams did this off-season too.

Just be excited and happy that the Pegulas finally may be taking out the trash and can fix their biggest mistake

I do not think this will happen. Rex has another year at the least. If you dump Rex and TT this year, this team will not be able to compete for 3-5 years. I know we all hate Rex and TT right now, I would like to see them both go and we get a great coach with a great QB but its not going to happen. Plus, if Rex and TT go, Whaley would have to be out to. He built the roster.

Rex inherited a team that had the 4th best defense in 2014 led by a great DC; he let the DC walk and restructured the Defense to the bottom 20 in the NFL. Pure ego; poor management, poor decision making and a lousy statement to the players. We have not drafted anyone in the first round that has been an impact player - and please, Watkins and Dareus are not impact players, not yet!

This is a failed organization across the board; someone from the Corporate world please tell me how long you would get to produce results?

How can you continue to think this organization is moving forward?

I do not think this will happen. Rex has another year at the least. If you dump Rex and TT this year, this team will not be able to compete for 3-5 years. I know we all hate Rex and TT right now, I would like to see them both go and we get a great coach with a great QB but its not going to happen. Plus, if Rex and TT go, Whaley would have to be out to. He built the roster.

I am amazed, to say the least!

Rex inherited a team that had the 4th best defense in 2014 led by a great DC; he let the DC walk and restructured the Defense to the bottom 20 in the NFL. Pure ego; poor management, poor decision making and a lousy statement to the players. We have not drafted anyone in the first round that has been an impact player - and please, Watkins and Dareus are not impact players, not yet!

This is a failed organization across the board; someone from the Corporate world please tell me how long you would get to produce results?

How can you continue to think this organization is moving forward?

If the results are more $ and more $ is more important than wins, then you get promoted.