CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they'll whack Rex during the season. After Week 17 he's gone

Unless maybe the Bills drop an epic turd burger against the Steelers

I could see TT getting benched with a poor performance so they Bills can start to evaluate CJ. This would also signal the end is nigh for Rex

They will not fire Rex with 3 games left. I wouldn't put the number at 0% chance but it wouldn't be much higher.

Agreed. I think it's somewhere along these lines:

0.1% he's fired before season's end

0% if we finish 10-6

0% if we finish 9-7

1.5% if we finish 8-8

3% if we finish 7-9

15% if we finish 6-10. might be a little higher depending on how the Browns game goes.

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham 2m2 minutes ago

Been told Rex Ryan being axed before end of the season is on the table. IF that happens, OC Anthony Lynn likely promoted to interim.

Bucky Gleason @ByBuckyGleason 1m1 minute ago

Also hearing OC Anthony Lynn is likely replacement for Rex Ryan for this season and possibly beyond. We shall see.

@JasonLaCanfora

Rex Ryan in jeopardy of losing his job as soon as this week, as is Tyrod Taylor - http://CBSSports.com

@salmaiorana

I trust Shefter, Rappoport more than LaCanfora. Hey, maybe he’s right. I think it would be stupid

Neither of these guys have good sources at OBD and as almost always wrong when it comes to the Bills, especially LaConfora. Ten to one they are all retweating the same unsubstantiated rumor not even knowing where it came from. Same for the TBN turds.

Exactly why I don't waste time listening to the talking heads.

Even if a firing this week is unlikely I do think it speaks a little to the tone in the offices, at east for some segment. Short of winning out or a strong 1 loss finish im feeling more like 8-8 isn't cutting it than I have even earlier this season

Same ole ...so they would promote Lynn and consider him for a HC because of course they only hire the best in Buffalo and can't let Lynn slip away!!!

How about taking the hiring process seriously and rounding up all the potential candidates before setting your sights on just one. Lynn's game planning has been as up and down as the rest of this staff, he gets a pass because he is new but I would be very disappointed if they don't clean house.

Keep Rex for another year, or burn it all down. Stop half assing things. Pleassssssseeeeeee stop the suck.

Jerry Sullivan @TBNSully 6m6 minutes ago

Jerry Sullivan Retweeted NFLTradeRumors.co

Sounds like someone in Bills management is feeding stuff to the national media. "Superior talent?" Says who?

http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-hc-rex-ryan-fired-soon-monday-oc-anthony-lynn-possible-interim-hc/

"“I’d say I’m 95 percent sure Rex is gone by the end of the season,” one source who has been in contact with owner Terry Pegula tells La Canfora “and he could be out as soon as Monday.”

According to La Canfora, Ryan’s relationship with GM Doug Whaley and other team executives has “always been rocky” and the team believes they have assembled “superior talent” to the results they’ve seen this season. Beyond that, La Canfora says that the relationship between Ryan and Whaley “is not tenable” long term, and ownership is aware of this.

In regards to front office changes, La Canfora reports that Pegula has “cooled” on the possibility of hiring a senior vice president of football operations and Whaley has forced a strong bond with ownership."

"La Canfora’s sources have said that the team is “intrigued” by rookie QB Cardale Jones, and it’s “virtually certain” Buffalo will not pick up Taylor’s option next year.

Unless Tyrod turns into Russell Wilson the last four weeks — and that’s if he’s even playing all four weeks — then he’s not going to get that option,” a source with knowledge of the situation tells La Canfora."

Edited by Reed83HOF

My take. Rex is saying he won't play jones the next three weeks. Front office is pushing. Ownership probably wants the kid to play too. It is the logical move.

Now Jason l seems to always be wrong but I see Buddy nix on the building. Was he asked up by Doug or ownership for input ?

Never thought Rex was the main problem but there is really no reason to keep playing Taylor with a loss.

Same ole ...so they would promote Lynn and consider him for a HC because of course they only hire the best in Buffalo and can't let Lynn slip away!!!

How about taking the hiring process seriously and rounding up all the potential candidates before setting your sights on just one. Lynn's game planning has been as up and down as the rest of this staff, he gets a pass because he is new but I would be very disappointed if they don't clean house.

Keep Rex for another year, or burn it all down. Stop half assing things. Pleassssssseeeeeee stop the suck.

How do you think the report "Bills will promote Anthony Lynn to HC but look for someone else after the season" would go over?

My take. Rex is saying he won't play jones the next three weeks. Front office is pushing. Ownership probably wants the kid to play too. It is the logical move.

Now Jason l seems to always be wrong but I see Buddy nix on the building. Was he asked up by Doug or ownership for input ?

Never thought Rex was the main problem but there is really no reason to keep playing Taylor with a loss.

It's not really worth guessing ontop of this news, who knows how much truth there is out there. If they lose today they should do whatever it takes to lose the rest of the games though.

I don't see it as Rex saying that he was not going to play Cardale at all. Just not with the team still in playoff contention.