CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

Jerry Sullivan @TBNSully 6m6 minutes ago

Jerry Sullivan Retweeted NFLTradeRumors.co

Sounds like someone in Bills management is feeding stuff to the national media. "Superior talent?" Says who?

http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-hc-rex-ryan-fired-soon-monday-oc-anthony-lynn-possible-interim-hc/

"“I’d say I’m 95 percent sure Rex is gone by the end of the season,” one source who has been in contact with owner Terry Pegula tells La Canfora “and he could be out as soon as Monday.”

According to La Canfora, Ryan’s relationship with GM Doug Whaley and other team executives has “always been rocky” and the team believes they have assembled “superior talent” to the results they’ve seen this season. Beyond that, La Canfora says that the relationship between Ryan and Whaley “is not tenable” long term, and ownership is aware of this.

In regards to front office changes, La Canfora reports that Pegula has “cooled” on the possibility of hiring a senior vice president of football operations and Whaley has forced a strong bond with ownership."

"La Canfora’s sources have said that the team is “intrigued” by rookie QB Cardale Jones, and it’s “virtually certain” Buffalo will not pick up Taylor’s option next year.

Unless Tyrod turns into Russell Wilson the last four weeks — and that’s if he’s even playing all four weeks — then he’s not going to get that option,” a source with knowledge of the situation tells La Canfora."

Never said this on the board before, but

D-O-O-O-O-MED!!

18 and counting.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it as Rex saying that he was not going to play Cardale at all. Just not with the team still in playoff contention.

Here is the issue. Front office play jones

Rex. Guarantee me I will be back if we go 6-10

Crickets

That is why tomorrow will be a big day with a loss

Rex will either definitely be back or fired tomorrow

Here is the issue. Front office play jones

Rex. Guarantee me I will be back if we go 6-10

Crickets

That is why tomorrow will be a big day with a loss

Rex will either definitely be back or fired tomorrow

Really going out on a limb there, eh?

If the Bills lose and Rex still insists on starting TT, I think there's a good chance he'll get fired.

I see an 8-8 team that with a QB could be 11-5

Am I the only one who thinks if they get Romo and develop Jones another year or two they could make the playoffs and have a possible long term answer at QB who won't be ruined by being rushed out there too early?

Guts are wide open every week and the QB cannot see them.

To me that means find a QB who can, not fire everyone.

The team has won as much as they have lost.

The Bills basically play 2016 NFL football without a passing offense and they are 6-6.

That tells me they are close.

Edited by TheFunPolice

How did Whaley go from Rex and him "finishing each other's sentences" to "untenable for the future?"

It's a trend and something to watch going forward.

That's if these reports are to be believed. I'd pump the brakes on that given the source.

I wonder if he'll even get a HC'ing gig again at the college level after he's fired in a month's time?

I wonder the same thing even though he gets hyped every offseason.

Whaley seems to have issues working with coaches.

That's not the worst thing in the world, though. There should be some checks.

I don't get where the issue would be with Rex. Whaley has seemingly gone out and signed everyone Rex wanted.

Good point here.

Where there's smoke...

:lol: Depends on who's blowing smoke.

Whaley seems to have issues working with coaches.

That's not the worst thing in the world, though. There should be some checks.

I don't get where the issue would be with Rex. Whaley has seemingly gone out and signed everyone Rex wanted.

Issue could be that while Whaley has gotten the talent, the Ryan twins convoluted defensive scheming is pissing that talent away.

CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

He did say with a big lopsided loss.

Perhaps the Bills FO wants to give Lynn a shot at HC and see what Cardale or EJ can do.

I can see getting rid of Ryan & Co because his defense stinks. I think it's kinda lame to judge Tyrod against the Raiders with no Clay, no Woods 2x and Sammy still hurting.

I am in favor of keeping everyone in place and getting a real QB whatever it takes

My dream scenario is add Romo to this squad, pick up or draft another WR, and develop Jones as the #2

That depends on Romo being able to stay healthy though

Edited by TheFunPolice

Good point here.

It's feasible that Whaley is frustrated that a unit that is Rex's responsibility, with everything Rex wanted/needed, with much of their offseason resources dedicated to it, is still crappy.

I mean, if Rex said, get me LorAx, ZB, Ragland, Wahsington, and Lawson and our unit will be great, and screwed it all up which potentially jeopardized your job, I'd be pissed.

Edited by jmc12290

@viccarucci

Power struggle behind reported potential #Bills coaching change. NEW at [bN] Blitz: https://t.co/g5LZpAzH8j

According to NFL sources, coach Rex Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley are at odds over the future of quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Ryan wants Taylor to remain the Bills' starter for the balance of this season and beyond, the sources said, while Whaley would like to see rookie Cardale Jones start the final three games after Sunday's clash with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

@viccarucci

Power struggle behind reported potential #Bills coaching change. NEW at [bN] Blitz: https://t.co/g5LZpAzH8j

According to NFL sources, coach Rex Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley are at odds over the future of quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Ryan wants Taylor to remain the Bills' starter for the balance of this season and beyond, the sources said, while Whaley would like to see rookie Cardale Jones start the final three games after Sunday's clash with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bye Rex and Tyrod.

I guess we have the answer on TT status for next year.

Edited by old school

@viccarucci

How many coaching staffs is Whaley going to have a power struggle with?

@viccarucci

This IS good news to me.

Jones starting the last three games with losses to Cleveland, Miami, and the Jets could also seal Whaley's fate too. If the team doesn't pick up Taylor's contract I expect the team to really bottom out next year so perhaps a real franchise QB is on the horizon for 2018.

This IS good news to me.

Jones starting the last three games with losses to Cleveland, Miami, and the Jets could also seal Whaley's fate too. If the team doesn't pick up Taylor's contract I expect the team to really bottom out next year so perhaps a real franchise QB is on the horizon for 2018.

Unless Whaley stays, Cardale is another EJ, and Whaley keeps pushing him on HC's for the next 3+ years.