CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing just the HC won't change much really. This team needs an entire regime change with someone very smart at the top of the org making all the football decisions.

Far, far too many problems with the lack of backup talent, the trainers as so many are ending up on IR or playing hurt. The doctors who give the okay to bring in injury prone draft picks and free agents. Not to mention the lack of quality offensive scouts who can find that elite franchise QB. Missed on Derek Carr.

The bills missed their chance with Bill Polian who may be taking a job with the Bears.

Rex should 100% be fired and take his do-nothing twin Rob with him. That defense today was terrible. Yes, Bell is good. But where was the 7-8 man box to make them throw. Ben was wearing gloves and his timing was off when he did throw.

TT missed wide open receivers all game by not seeing them or throwing it.

Lynn should be the HC. Tell TT to throw the fn ball and not worry about INT's. My guess is TT could light it up (unless he really can't read the field, which is awful for a guy in his 6th year in the NFL). You play safe, you get to watch the playoffs from the safety of your couch.

He saved the program at Penn State. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for the job he did there.

100% true. He had the team motivated every week and ready to go. Developed their offense which has led to offensive recruiting opening up at PSU.

Kim was the one who gushed about how great Rex was to the media.

I still wonder how much Russ had to do with it. A loudmouth blue-collar player's coach is just what we needed to sell tickets after 2 years of patrician disciplinarian Marrone. And he sold a LOT of tickets that first offseason. Russ was the organization's caretaker and he would have had a lot of pull with the new owners.

Would Whaley hire Haley if given the authority to make the choice?

Whaley would likely look at Lynn, Haley, and a ton of other coaches. I think Whaley would make a good pick.

Haley has done a great job with the Steelers. Made Ben into a running all over throwing QB into a pocket QB. Keeps him from being hit and sacked all the time. The running offense is very good there. Haley would have an offense with a top WR (Watkins), a top RB/running game, and a giant question at QB. Heck, Haley did make the playoffs with Cassel. Perhaps he cane make TT serviceable.

I still wonder how much Russ had to do with it. A loudmouth blue-collar player's coach is just what we needed to sell tickets after 2 years of patrician disciplinarian Marrone. And he sold a LOT of tickets that first offseason. Russ was the organization's caretaker and he would have had a lot of pull with the new owners.

I think the increase in Ticket sales had more to do that offseason with the new owners taking over the team that offseason, not bringing in a HC that Bills fans watch for years coach a mediocre Jets team.

Well, Russ did his job then. He sold tickets.

Brandon is president of the team. His function isnt to sell tickets. Its the whole franchise (which has become irrelevant). Our tickets are about the cheapest in the league and split with the visiting team.

I really dont want to see him anywhere near this search for hc (if it happens). Too many misses with him front and center

Edited by May Day 10

This is what I think should happen now:

Coming into this week, I said Taylor needed to show he is worth the option, that meant he had to be good in all 4 games. Well today's game I think sealed his fate of not picking up his option and most likely made him the next starting QB of the Browns as he will be the most intriguing QB on the market this off season and they desperately need help.

So, with Taylor's fate most likely decided in the FO, what should they do now? Fire Rex? Play Cardale?

1. DONT fire Rex this week UNLESS he refuses to try another QB, and fire him at end of season instead. There is no value in firing Rex with 3 games to go unless he wont bench Taylor and the FO and Staff want to see what else we have. A good argument could be made about seeing what Lynn could do as an auditor, however, if they truly like Lynn who has risen up the ladder quickly here already this year, then why risk damaging their belief in him by throwing him to the wolves with a team already deflated from missing playoffs. Just give him the reigns at end of season if he is really their guy.

2. Make it EJ time, not Cardale. Cardale was not ready to be a college QB and lost his job, and he almost certainly isn't ready to play in the NFL. So why risk further hurting his confidence by throwing him in for the final games of a team in turmoil with nothing to play for? Let EJ go out and give him the chance to win a job either here or somewhere else in the NFL. Quite frankly, EJ has earned that by being a model citizen, doing everything asked of him, putting in the hours to get better, etc etc. Let him have these 3 games to show if he grew or not, I think he deserves the shot and I dont think Cardale is close to ready. If they like Cardale, let him battle for the job in the offseason with the what is likely the new coaching staff.

Just my cents. Let Rex finish year before firing him and let EJ play for his career the rest of the season since Taylor didn't make the most of his opportunities. He was certainly hurt by injuries this year, but he also left too many opportunities on the field to warrant picking up his option at this point.

Kim loved Rex. This was reported after Rexs hire.

The owners who don't know **** about football should not be tossing their opinion around. I get it, your the owner you can do whatever you want, but Jesus let the football guys do their job.

I'd agree - really is only want them doing meet and greet with the final candidate

Brandon is president of the team. His function isnt to sell tickets. Its the whole franchise (which has become irrelevant). Our tickets are about the cheapest in the league and split with the visiting team.

I really dont want to see him anywhere near this search for hc (if it happens). Too many misses with him front and center

The next head coach search will be Russ Brandon's 5th.

Coming into this week, I said Taylor needed to show he is worth the option, that meant he had to be good in all 4 games. Well today's game I think sealed his fate of not picking up his option and most likely made him the next starting QB of the Browns as he will be the most intriguing QB on the market this off season and they desperately need help.

So, with Taylor's fate most likely decided in the FO, what should they do now? Fire Rex? Play Cardale?

1. DONT fire Rex this week UNLESS he refuses to try another QB, and fire him at end of season instead. There is no value in firing Rex with 3 games to go unless he wont bench Taylor and the FO and Staff want to see what else we have. A good argument could be made about seeing what Lynn could do as an auditor, however, if they truly like Lynn who has risen up the ladder quickly here already this year, then why risk damaging their belief in him by throwing him to the wolves with a team already deflated from missing playoffs. Just give him the reigns at end of season if he is really their guy.

2. Make it EJ time, not Cardale. Cardale was not ready to be a college QB and lost his job, and he almost certainly isn't ready to play in the NFL. So why risk further hurting his confidence by throwing him in for the final games of a team in turmoil with nothing to play for? Let EJ go out and give him the chance to win a job either here or somewhere else in the NFL. Quite frankly, EJ has earned that by being a model citizen, doing everything asked of him, putting in the hours to get better, etc etc. Let him have these 3 games to show if he grew or not, I think he deserves the shot and I dont think Cardale is close to ready. If they like Cardale, let him battle for the job in the offseason with the what is likely the new coaching staff.

Just my cents. Let Rex finish year before firing him and let EJ play for his career the rest of the season since Taylor didn't make the most of his opportunities. He was certainly hurt by injuries this year, but he also left too many opportunities on the field to warrant picking up his option at this point.

Fair and reasonable points. All of them. Edited by Jkgobills

Finally some sense around here. EJ deserves a shot. He was rushed in, rushed out, and was a class act pro the entire time. He has shown flashes of brilliance although most around here only like to point to his minutes of calamity. I'd like to see what he can do for 3 weeks. Why rush Cardale? He'll be here next year no matter what.

Edited by Mark80