CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

How's about keeping everything except the GM. Hire someone who can work with Rex and is a real GM. Not someone pushing his own and agenda and players on a coach. Not someone who doesn't take drug and injury history into account when drafting players. We need a new GM, not a new coach or QB.

Have you forgotten about the all defense draft where we took players that only Rex wanted?

1. Injured guy from Clemson

2. "Throwback" LB that only fits one style of defense....Rex's 1980s/90s D. We could have waited a lot longer for Ragland but Rex had to have him.

3. Another front 7 guy whose own college coach held back a grimace when he was picked. But Rex knows better.

Was that Whaley forcing players on Rex?

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New coach 2017

We struggle. Whaley on line for 2018

We struggle as new coach lost talent we had and Rex squandered. Whaley out in 2019

New coach struggles 2019

New GM wants his man and the new coach replaced with newer couch.

New gm and new coach continue until 2021 when both are found to be terrible and both gone.

2022 we blow it all up and start from scratch.

Just in time for the new downtown stadium to open!

Though, as a die-hard, I'm still going to park in Hammer's Lot for the game...

Edited by Heitz

It's clear that much/most of the fan base has lost faith in Rex and Russ Brandon. DW doesn't enjoy a ton of support either.

Terry and Kim like to talk to people. I wonder what they're hearing.

1. Have the players lost faith in the coaches? In the FO?

2. Has the FO lost faith in the coaches?

3. Have the coaches lost faith in the FO?

4. While the Pegulas do not have a football czar, I'm pretty sure they talk to football people outside OBD from time to time. I wonder what kind of confidence those folks are expressing in the Bills leadership team?

I know the owners have talked about continuity. But if there's a consensus among these varying constituencies that Rex and/or Russ and/or Doug need to go, they need to go. When most/all of your unofficial and official advisers recommend the same things, it's wise to heed their counsel.

Because Ryan is a bad coach. Did you read the quote from him saying he started to call plays they didn't practice? Rob Ryan has always been an awful coach. I want him gone as well

Why did you not include full information - call plays they didn't practice THAT WEEK. They used those defenses in previous week. Are players too dumb to remember?

Your agenda is week when you leave out info.

Not saying he should stay but at least present all of the information.

It's clear that much/most of the fan base has lost faith in Rex and Russ Brandon. DW doesn't enjoy a ton of support either.

Terry and Kim like to talk to people. I wonder what they're hearing.

1. Have the players lost faith in the coaches? In the FO?

2. Has the FO lost faith in the coaches?

3. Have the coaches lost faith in the FO?

4. While the Pegulas do not have a football czar, I'm pretty sure they talk to football people outside OBD from time to time. I wonder what kind of confidence those folks are expressing in the Bills leadership team?

I know the owners have talked about continuity. But if there's a consensus among these varying constituencies that Rex and/or Russ and/or Doug need to go, they need to go. When most/all of your unofficial and official advisers recommend the same things, it's wise to heed their counsel.

From what I can gather these new owners are in a bubble and listen to Rex, Doug, and Russ quite a bit rather than being heavily involved and forming their own opinions. They still like Rex and don't see why the majority of the fans no longer like him.

My take on this inside leak that said Rex might be fired and Tyrod benched had an agenda to show Kim Pegula what the Bills fan base is thinking, feeling about the team. Anyone else besides me notice that the team had a PC called for 4:40 on Monday only to announce that Tyrod would keep his starting job and at that point in time Kim Pegula let it be known that she would be on twitter talking with fans over the situation. Just my 2 cents.

Rex Ryan will probably win the next three games and retain his job ...for another abysmal season in Buffalo...

Why did you not include full information - call plays they didn't practice THAT WEEK. They used those defenses in previous week. Are players too dumb to remember?

Your agenda is week when you leave out info.

Not saying he should stay but at least present all of the information.

Whether you include the context of "that week" or not, there is a larger point.

Whenever players from a good team make a big play, they usually mention the coaches and that they were shown that look in practice, and sure enough the other team ran it and the players were prepared. That is good coaching putting the players in positions to succeed. "Just do your job".

What we saw here, whether they hadnt practiced those plays that week or ever, is our coaching staff being out-coached and under prepared. All of the assessments and assumptions and game planning they did were wrong. Instead of putting players in a position to succeed, they set them up to fail. That is the BIGGEST failure a team leader can have in my book.

I'm a big proponent of context and perspective, but it doesn't matter to me on this. It was bad coaching no matter how you slice it.

I generally do not subscribe to the "simplistic" approach that is found on this board; if you are serious and really think Rex and TT are the answer I would be willing to talk offline and make several monetary wages with you if the two of them are around in 2017! Let me know!

I hope they fire both, and send Whaley back to the steelers as a college scout. All three are terrible and have dragged this franchise down even further down the hole. But, jettisoning Rex and TT is not going to make this team go to the playoffs next year, just the opposite. A new coach will have to implement a new system, which then everyone has to learn. Everyone on this board thinks firing Rex and cutting TT makes this team a playoff bound team in 2017, it really does the complete opposite.

Want more LaConjecture?

@JasonLaCanfora

My take on 12 best NFL coaching candidates, and the one that teams are too scared to hire - https://t.co/sXDej7NP9K

Teryl Austin: He's been an "It" coordinator for several years now and he has benefitted from going through the interview process in years past. His Lions defense has had precious few standout players, yet they have managed to exceed expectations and keep teams out of the end zone. He's had an exodus of talent in recent years but has remained a stalwart. He needs to team himself with a top offensive coordinator candidate. Buffalo will look long and hard at him once Rex Ryan is let go.

Want more LaConjecture?

@JasonLaCanfora

My take on 12 best NFL coaching candidates, and the one that teams are too scared to hire - https://t.co/sXDej7NP9K

Teryl Austin: He's been an "It" coordinator for several years now and he has benefitted from going through the interview process in years past. His Lions defense has had precious few standout players, yet they have managed to exceed expectations and keep teams out of the end zone. He's had an exodus of talent in recent years but has remained a stalwart. He needs to team himself with a top offensive coordinator candidate. Buffalo will look long and hard at him once Rex Ryan is let go.

Maybe Billy Joe Jim Bob will come with him.