Torrey Smith on the block

Reed83HOF

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

five-year, $40 million contract, not sure how that would fit with the cap

Currently have 7 million in cap space. I'm no expert but trade for him with an immediate salary renegotiation? Turn some of that salary into guaranteed money up front?

Edited by What a Tuel

I'd prefer a bigger bodied guy but given the fact that Taylor Whaley likes speed guys I'd take Torrey.

as much as we don't use WRs much we are now in desperate need.

Can we renegotiate Marcell? As in can Marcell as a sign of goodwill shave off 10 million for missing 4 games.

6 or more games

Cap hit of 9.5 mill the next 3 years makes me say hell no. He's a deep threat. That's all. I'd rather spend resources elsewhere. A 1 trick pony wr with a 10 mill cap hit 3 years in a row. No thanks

that is big, would have to renegotiate.

Would also prefer a taller redzone threat as well.

five-year, $40 million contract, not sure how that would fit with the cap

The 49ers would eat the remaining prorated signing bonus cap hit. His salary and per game roster bonuses total $5M this season and we'd only be on the hook for 9/16th of that. So, he'd be easy to fit under the cap this season. Next season gets a little tougher, but it's doable. Details:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/torrey-smith-7777/

I'd like to know more about how the cap works with a trade like that.

The team who trades the player away has to eat the cap hit from the remaining prorated signing bonus. All salary and bonus money already paid to the player stays with the old team as well.

The new team takes on all unpaid salary, bonuses, etc.

In this case, trading for Smith would cost the Bills $2.8125M in 2016 and $8M per season from 2017-2019 if they chose to keep him on the team. They could take him as a rental or tryout player this season if they could get him cheap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/torrey-smith-7777/

Do it. Not only do we need him now, we need him going forward with all the WRs who will be FAs. He would be a nice complement to Hunter and Woods. No one knows if Sammy will be back this year and he's a good substitute for him.

Technically, he had experience playing for the guy who started in front of TT. I'd still be very interested.

i just meant they were teammates, and appear to be pretty good friends. They are both from VA and same age and exchanges jerseys after the SF game. Edited by YoloinOhio