Torrey Smith on the block

Reed83HOF

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. So the numbers have to of course make sense but it almost immediately takes the pressure off to draft a WR early. We would be set at WR for a while

Well, I think you have to assume woods is gone making this move. So the depth chart would be:

Sammy

Smith

Day two pick

And then some mess of Powell/salas type guys

Which is good, honestly

Well, I think you have to assume woods is gone making this move. So the depth chart would be:

Sammy

Smith

Day two pick

Which is good, honestly

I could certainly live with that. And don't forget Listenbee. Who knows what they have there.

Sammy

Smith

Day two pick

Which is good, honestly

No, no it's not.

Obviously given Sammy's fragile nature it's not enough.

Smith it actually a perfect fit for this offense. He'd be our number 1 guy this year and we have no idea if Sammy can complete a full season. He's affordable and within market value.

It also lets us draft BPA next year. It makes way too much sense to go after him.

So we won't.

No, no it's not.

Obviously given Sammy's fragile nature it's not enough.

thats why i had smith and a reasonably high draft pick. if sammy is out you still have a reasonable 1-2. we cant stack infinite established starters behind the guy.

Sammy

Smith

Day two pick

Which is good, honestly

Actually I am not assuming Woods is gone. Money can make people do strange things but in some ideal universe, if Woods takes below market price, that woukd be a pretty fearsome threesome. And haven't you said earlier that the bills will have cap space next year?

Edit - making this move may help negotiations with Woods next year

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I obviously have very strong opinions about this and I will go as far as to say that if they don't make this move or a similar move to bring in a starting caliber WR, they might as well tank the season. It's absurd they are in this situation, but they are.

You can't move the ball with the guys they have available to throw to because the defense doesn't have to respect any of them and can focus on loading up to stop the run. It's the worst group of WRs in the league by far based on who is playing right now and until at least 11/27 if not the rest of the season.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I obviously have very strong opinions about this and I will go as far as to say that if they don't make this move or a similar move to bring in a starting caliber WR, they might as well tank the season. It's absurd they are in this situation, but they are.

You can't move the ball with the guys they have available to throw to because the defense doesn't have to respect any of them and can focus on loading up to stop the run. It's the worst group of WRs in the league by far based on who is playing right now and until at least 11/27 if not the rest of the season.

Great post.

Actually I am not assuming Woods is gone. Money can make people do strange things but in some ideal universe, if Woods takes below market price, that woukd be a pretty fearsome threesome. And haven't you said earlier that the bills will have cap space next year?

Edit - making this move may help negotiations with Woods next year

anything is possible - but why would woods take less to come back as the number 3 in a run oriented offense? he sure would have to love things here.

and even if its a little less - its a helluva lot to tie up in your #2 and #3 receiver while also paying a TE, RB, QB and LT top tier money.

we will have some flexibility on cap but on a practical level it just doesnt make sense.

In a reply from Chris Brown on Twitter doesnt sound like the Bills will be making this trade. We need help Now or the season is gonna get ugly with No Wr IMO

"Bills are not in the hunt there. Sellers market. Would have to overpay. Cost prohibitive salary for Bills cap this year."

In a reply from Chris Brown on Twitter doesnt sound like the Bills will be making this trade. We need help Now or the season is gonna get ugly with No Wr IMO

"Bills are not in the hunt there. Sellers market. Would have to overpay. Cost prohibitive salary for Bills cap this year."

"not in the hunt" period, Chris.

They have the cap space for the hit of 2.5 this year

Edited by YoloinOhio