Marrone Mic'd Up at Jags Practice

We'd be loving this video if he was still coaching here.

I'm inclined to say that's true. I'd be "loving it" while squirming, furiously, on the inside.

Not after I found out how he treats the staff.....

This guy can seriously go pound sand

It's hard to watch without this context...

that right there is a guy who is mic'd up and therefore saying things he normally wouldn't to seem relateable and tenacious and likeable.

bingo. and even with all the effort he still comes across as an unlikable, boorish, gravy-sweating phony.

Before you listen - what is the over / under on "obviously"s?

I'm going with Over 20 and I don't even know how long the video is. Obviously.

Well, obviously I was wrong, but I'm also guessing that the Jags media team edited them all out. Obviously Maronne is having fun singing and talking to himself - but are the players listening? Obviously we'll see during the season...

Edited by Heitz

if we added a foot fettish, a Yankee crass awe shucks bit of humor with some quips we would love him and call him rex as he shovels **** right down our throat

Is he trying to prove how tough he is by wearing that sweatshirt in the heat?

I love the time lapse, where the sweatshirt starts out dry and he gradually soaks through it.

Got to question his planning skills, thinking at 6:30 AM and 65 degrees that a sweatshirt will still be a good wardrobe choice for a mid-morning June practice in Fla.

The best HC we've had in a long time. Miss him more every day.

If only there was a head coaching vacancy for him. #allthespotsaretaken

Edit: Off topic, I still can't get over how bad the Jaguars helmets look. Change the damn things already.

Edited by What a Tuel

If only there was a head coaching vacancy for him. #allthespotsaretaken

Edit: Off topic, I still can't get over how bad the Jaguars helmets look. Change the damn things already.

With coaches like Rex being heavily pursued, and Jeff Fisher being deemed irreplaceable, it doesn't surprise me. Edited by FireChan

We'd hate it even more - if there is one thing we like less than other team's coaches, it's our OWN coaches! :D:beer:

All I see is a sweaty millionaire having fun working...

lol yes he is laughing all the way to the bank. Although if I had his money I would drop the whole coaching pretense and be sipping margaritas on the beach in that heat.

I don't see anything abnormal, just a positional coach trying to be upbeat around his guy and playing up the mic a bit. Same ole same ole just another member of the boys club.

yeah but he's just trying way too hard.

I think the reason we're all cringing watching that is because we saw the "real" Marrone (i.e., sullen, no personality) for two years in Buffalo. I agree that if we hadn't had him as our coach we'd laugh and chalk this off as nothing...

He's so hateable. And he was an awful coach so his crappy personality didn't get overshadowed.

The only people that hate him, scratch that, the only people that care about him, are Bills fans who are still butt hurt over him dumping the Bills instead of them being the ones doing the dumping and getting to see him fired........