Broncos new jerseys revealed, smash or pass?

Logic

Just now, mushypeaches said:

Another team trying to look like they belong in the Arena league

That was my thought. Some Arena League, MAC lookin jerseys.

Also...the "5280" on the helmet is NOT great :sick:

Those triangles are just an odd choice. Representative of....air basically. Don't know why they kept that horse head either...the classic capital D with the orange and light blue helmet/uniform combo was perfect. Change just for the sake of change 

1 minute ago, teef said:

Am I being asked if I want to ***** the Jersey?

Waiting GIF

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's not bad but it's boring.  When is the last time a team's jersey or helmet stunned fans? The Bucs when they went to maroon and pewter?

There doesn't seem to be room for creativity and inspiration anymore in jersey and helmet design.  This Broncos design was likely built in a design house (a firm) where it was debated around a conference table with attendees murdering the conversation with jargon.  At least one, if not two, mentions of VPs  "taking the conversation offline" were deployed.  I'm sometimes convinced they make the "regular" jerseys bland to sell more of the much cooler retro stuff everyone actually likes.

"That's just too big of a D for me", one said.  This is one of the best helmet designs IMO.  The 1970s Broncos helmet with the light blue.

image.png.6308e27af0f46b4a37cfa1ace1cec1be.png

• Like (+1) 5

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, teef said:

Am I being asked if I want to ***** the Jersey?

Yes, Teef.

Grow up and answer the damn question.

Oh and also, another update:

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Seems like a huge waste of time and effort to me. Nothing remotely new or interesting about the jerseys. Pointless.

I'm also sick of teams wanting a black jersey so badly. The Lions had to add a black jersey, of course, even though black has never been one of their colors. Denver's dark jersey isn't black, but they tried to get as close as they could with that "Midnight Blue".

It's a hit in that it's an improvement over the current uniform, which I never liked. The shoulder treatment is great, since straight lines have never worked on rounded shoulders. The jagged edge reminds me of a horse's mane in the wind.

These uniforms overall are aggressive and clean.

Although, I do agree with others that they could've gone back to the old rearing bronco logo.

6 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I'd hit that, probably wouldn't date em though

Hit and quit it. I respect that. 

I disagree though. These jerseys got a face fit for radio.

37 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Another team trying to look like they belong in the Arena league

yeah, very 2002.  That late 90s, early 00s was dismal.  Broncos, Patriots, Bills, Titans, and a few others put out some horrible stuff.  

They win with this. 

GLx34JuXcAAn_TC?format=jpg&name=medium

2 minutes ago, Process said:

When you see them side by side with their old ones they are definitely an upgrade.

I don’t love the Broncos color palette in the first place, but the prior jersey is decidedly cleaner and better than the AFL crap they came up with for the upcoming season.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Also...the "5280" on the helmet is NOT great :sick:

They're really big on the 5280 thing across all the sports teams here in Denver. 

I mean, I get it, the city is at relatively high altitude and it's cool that it happens to be 1 mile above sea level.  But it's not like it's something great anyone accomplished. It's just plate tectonics. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

They're really big on the 5280 thing across all the sports teams here in Denver. 

I mean, I get it, the city is at relatively high altitude and it's cool that it happens to be 1 mile above sea level.  But it's not like it's something great anyone accomplished. It's just plate tectonics. 

Right.

It would be like the Bills helmets having "lake effect snow" written across the front. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Those triangles are just an odd choice. Representative of....air basically. Don't know why they kept that horse head either...the classic capital D with the orange and light blue helmet/uniform combo was perfect. Change just for the sake of change 

Waiting GIF

No. Change for the sake of 💰 … why do yo think the Sabres continue to roll out new threads?