Josh Allen Snapped at Diggs - Per Tim Graham

wppete

Let's be real, Josh knows he threw that game away. And Diggs (or anyone) saying something critical probably would've struck a nerve.

I doubt it had anything to do with Josh disliking Diggs, but rather a moment where he was already hard on himself & not in the mood to deal with anything extra. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win.

Coming up to him in the locker room and making a stupid comment when he's already down on himself accomplishes what exactly? That's not leadership or teamwork. That's an emotional player letting his emotions get the best of him, as usual.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

They are both competitors Josh had a bad game threw a couple of picks to help them win with a less than average QB and Allen was probably rightfully pissed off in that they lost .

I don't believe that Diggs was that upset with the Bills i feel it was more about his age, his drop off in production last season, his catch rate in the play offs, and more than likely Brady may have had some input in just getting a player he really likes in the draft that he could build on & with in the offense going forward .

The Pats use to do this kind of stuff all the time get rid of a really good player a year early rather than a year to late plus opening up the cap next year sets this team up even better moving forward . I would almost bet that if Von doesn't come back to form next season he's gone too .

I have all the faith in Beane he's the man & there are a lot of GM's in the league watching & learning from his every move with the Bills being one of the team sto beat year after year .

GO BILLS !!! 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Coming up to him in the locker room and making a stupid comment when he's already down on himself accomplishes what exactly? That's not leadership or teamwork. That's an emotional player letting his emotions get the best of him, as usual.

We have no idea what Diggs said to him. Could have been a dumb comment, could have simply been "wtf was THAT bro?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

They are both competitors Josh had a bad game threw a couple of picks to help them win with a less than average QB and Allen was probably rightfully pissed off in that they lost .

I don't believe that Diggs was that upset with the Bills i feel it was more about his age, his drop off in production last season, his catch rate in the play offs, and more th

The Pats use to do this kind of stuff all the time get rid of a really good player a year early rather than a year too late.

The difference is that the Pats rarely took huge cap hits doing that, at least until recently.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

The difference is that the Pats rarely took huge cap hits doing that, at least until recently.

True but getting rid of the rest of some what 3 years of Diggs contract is a definitely plus . Beane is up to something he's not going to go through all of this just because the man has been near genius to this point in building a team for today, tomorrow & the future so i'm going to sit back & enjoy the ride .

The only thing that really tweaks me off is i just bought a Diggs jersey last season 😒 any takers ???

Edited by T master

Ooh, teen gossip time, 🥱

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We have no idea what Diggs said to him. Could have been a dumb comment, could have simply been "wtf was THAT bro?"

If I had ever seen him show a shred of accountability I would buy that. Instead he turns around after a possible game losing drop against the Chiefs making a "this close" gesture and nonchalantly jogging back to the huddle. There's really no excusing his behavior. Two separate teams now, ended the same way both times.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, T master said:

True but getting rid of the rest of some what 3 years of Diggs contract is a definitely plus . Beane is up to something he's not going to go through all of this just because the man has been near genius to this point in building a team for today, tomorrow & the future so i'm going to sit back & enjoy the ride .

The only thing that really tweaks me off is i just bought a Diggs jersey last season 😒 any takers ???

No on the Diggs Jersey.   Yes on given the locker room issues, it was better to rip off the bandaid earlier than later.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it's Josh's team now and there is NO ONE left that would dare call him out, even if/when he is playing like crap and possibly not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. So we'll see.

Interesting enough, Diggs has never actually been WRONG about any of his many complaints over the years.

Zimmer and the Vikes' run-first offense.

McD's coaching in 13 seconds

Players quitting throughout the 2022 season.

Josh checked out and befuddled in the Cincy game.

Dorsey on the wrong track to start 2023.

Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win.

444046dd-1bb8-4024-99b6-019a16c38eeb_tex

At the same time Josh never threw Diggs under the bus for playing like crap in the playoffs (when generally Josh plays great in the playoffs) and more specifically for dropping an absolute dime that would have gone for like 60 yards against the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

At the same time Josh never threw Diggs under the bus for playing like crap in the playoffs (when generally Josh plays great in the playoffs) and more specifically for dropping an absolute dime that would have gone for like 60 yards against the Chiefs.

Neither of them have ever publicly called the other out. But that's not to say Josh has never hit Diggs with a comment/criticism/suggestion face to face. The story here (well, there is no real story), isnt what Diggs said. It's that Josh reacted. But who can blame him? He knows he played a bad game. He just didnt want to hear what Diggs was saying at the time. Whatever it was.

I mean honestly, so what?  Did you ever snap at someone at work over something?  Did that lead you to hating the other person for the rest of the time you worked there?  Most likely not...you probably apologized and then by the next week it was forgotten and you were back to being fine with them.

People really are trying way too hard with this...

And this also shows me who has never played sports in their life.  Tim Graham for sure...because if you have played sports even in the youth levels and haven't snapped at someone in the heat of the moment, you would be on a very short list.  But someone who never played team sports as a kid wouldn't know this and would think this could be some huge thing...

All it does is show he is clueless.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Incidents like this.. players snapping at each other in the locker room after  a tough unexpected loss … would happen quite regularly in team sports… 

Im not saying there weren’t issues with Diggs and Allen ..  but this particular story is a nothing burger in my opinion ..

Exactly...even playing sports growing up this happened regularly in the heat of the moment...it's obvious Graham never played team sports or was someone who sat on the sideline the whole gam and never really played.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean honestly, so what?  Did you ever snap at someone at work over something?  Did that lead you to hating the other person for the rest of the time you worked there?  Most likely not...you probably apologized and then by the next week it was forgotten and you were back to being fine with them.

People really are trying way too hard with this...

And this also shows me who has never played sports in their life.  Tim Graham for sure...because if you have played sports even in the youth levels and haven't snapped at someone in the heat of the moment, you would be on a very short list.  But someone who never played team sports as a kid wouldn't know this and would think this could be some huge thing...

All it does is show he is clueless.

Yes.  The average worker who has to go back to that same job everyday after snapping at someone and a youth level athlete snapping at someone is the same as a multi-millionaire that can have a fit and sit at home and still get paid those millions of dollars while forcing their way out of the contract they agreed to because they didn't like someone snapping back at them.

Exact same thing.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Yes.  The average worker who has to go back to that same job everyday after snapping at someone and a youth level athlete snapping at someone is the same as a multi-millionaire that can have a fit and sit at home and still get paid those millions of dollars while forcing their way out of the contract they agreed to because they didn't like someone snapping back at them.

Exact same thing.

I think Diggs became too toxic for the locker room but there is no evidence he forced his way out of the contract because Josh snapped back at him.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think Diggs became too toxic for the locker room but there is no evidence he forced his way out of the contract because Josh snapped back at him.

Fair enough, but you know what I was getting at.  Players commit to one thing one day and change their minds the next day because "I'm no longer the focus".

Obviously it happens more with WRs for some reason, could be they are divas or just think they are more important than the team.  But once the front office knows it's more than they want to deal with, it becomes an organizational problem and not a personal problem.

I’ll preface by saying this is a big nothing burger. 

However … I do often wonder if Josh really is the angel everyone (including me) makes him out to be. 

There is a chance that he’s a total dick. There’s also a chance that some of his teammates take exception to the fact that he’s got no one competing for his job and - perhaps - could be taking advantage of that … by not studying film/being lazy (as has been reported). 

It also seems likely that Josh’s personal life issues were all brought on by no one but himself. 

It is plausible that the diva, here, is Josh Allen and that Diggs called him out on it. 

Diggs was a postseason no-show. That is a fact. 

But I don’t think anyone on the roster wanted to win more than he did and laziness, outside influences and an overly-casual attitude were definitely things he was ever guilty of. 

Just my thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

However … I do often wonder if Josh really is the angel everyone (including me) makes him out to be. 

There is a chance that he’s a total dick. There’s also a chance that some of his teammates take exception to the fact that he’s got no one competing for his job and - perhaps - could be taking advantage of that … by not studying film/being lazy (as has been reported). 

It also seems likely that Josh’s personal life issues were all brought on by no one but himself. 

It is plausible that the diva, here, is Josh Allen and that Diggs called him out on it. 

But I don’t think anyone on the roster wanted to win more than he did and laziness, outside influences and an overly-casual attitude were definitely things he was ever guilty of. 

Just my thoughts. 

I think Josh is human, and makes errors and mistakes like every human does. But, for the Bills, he also openly takes responsibility which is more than Diggs did. Even for things which he isn't necessarily at fault for.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really wish the media would do their jobs and stop rehashing the Diggs drama. It’s over and done with. 

They need to focus on what really happened with Brittany. I need to know the scoop.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I really wish the media would do their jobs and stop rehashing the Diggs drama. It’s over and done with. 

They need to focus on what really happened with Brittany. I need to know the scoop.  

Same. 

I feel like the girlfriend drama affected Josh more, anyway.

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It's all trickle down.  Tim Graham said something last week and others got wind of it.

The drama was there even during last season with the media.  Stephen A. turned out to probably be right in that regard that he wants to play with is brother.  We will see next off season.... unless he's traded again.

Edited by The Wiz

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it's Josh's team now and there is NO ONE left that would dare call him out, even if/when he is playing like crap and possibly not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. So we'll see.

Interesting enough, Diggs has never actually been WRONG about any of his many complaints over the years.

being accurate isn’t the same as being constructive towards reaching your goals

even if you concede him as accurate, has he used any of those in a way that was bettering everyone’s outcome?

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just my thoughts. 

It's also possible they are both divas. Diggs can be a malcontent, an emotionally labile time bomb, and Josh can also have his own share of problems (doesn't put in the work, huge ego, etc) that he is responsible for.

We just don't know.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

So glad to be rid of this drama queen.

Allen and everyone else probably felt like they were walking on eggshells on a daily basis around Diggs. The level of relief the players and coaches probably feel now to be rid of him can't be measured. Replacing him with Samuel is not at all a significant downgrade on the field, if it's a downgrade at all.

Having two miserable people like Diggs and Davis as captains was a horrible thing for this team IMO.

Considering the off-the-field benefit, I think we'll see an offense with happier players. A more well-oiled machine where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs also said awhile back that he doesn’t think a lot people are working hard enough in the offseason. Diggs is very intense I could believe there may be too much low key going on. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Beast said:

It’s interesting to talk about right now because he was just traded and it’s the off-season but I am looking forward to another two weeks when we really start to focus on who is on and who will be on the team. Putting Diggs in our rearview mirror will be a good thing.

Yes.  Until that game against Houston, which now is likely on prime TV.  I am sure they are going to independently interview the two guys and then make drama out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yes.  Until that game against Houston, which now is likely on prime TV.  I am sure they are going to independently interview the two guys and then make drama out of it. 

They will both publicly downplay the significance of the single game and them meeting in it etc., but you know that privately both of them will feel this one more and bring just a little bit extra to the game…my $$ is on Josh to come through under pressure more than Diggs (who may let another deep ball slip through?)🤔

28 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Diggs also said awhile back that he doesn’t think a lot people are working hard enough in the offseason. Diggs is very intense I could believe there may be too much low key going on. 

I never saw anything about Diggs working out in the off season until just before the Texans trade.  All of these off season practice posts are staged.  I will wait for OTAS and training camp and judge what these players are all about.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

It's also possible they are both divas. Diggs can be a malcontent, an emotionally labile time bomb, and Josh can also have his own share of problems (doesn't put in the work, huge ego, etc) that he is responsible for.

We just don't know.

We do know who shows up for voluntary training and who doesn't. 

So that leads some to believe that diggs is training somewhere better than OBD, right?

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

One fairly consistently shows up and shows out in the playoffs…and the other fairly consistently does not. Diggs can talk all he wants, but who was actually making things happen on the field in crunch time? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just my thoughts. 

how dare you

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

We do know who shows up for voluntary training and who doesn't. 

So that leads some to believe that diggs is training somewhere better than OBD, right?

I mean, I lean more towards Diggs being a problem, but that doesn’t mean that Josh is perfect. 

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Thank you. He wasn’t wrong.

However, he has no future as a diplomat.

Actually Diggs has no idea where the bills will be this coming season or the one after that. Better off without him is my guess, but like Diggs, it’s only a guess…

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

In the last 6 playoff games (2021 - 2023) Diggs has been a no show in 5 of them.  Allen was a no show (along with the rest of the team against the Bengals) in 1 of them. 

Can you imagine the crap Allen would be taking on 2BD if he had only one good playoff games in the last six games?

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

We just don't know.

How the hell do you know that Allen "doesn't put in the work"?  And where do you get the idea that Allen has a huge ego?  Judas Priest the attacks on Allen under the guise of the Diggs trade are bizarre. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In the last 6 playoff games (2021 - 2023) Diggs has been a no show in 5 of them.  Allen was a no show (along with the rest of the team against the Bengals) in 1 of them. 

Can you imagine the crap Allen would be taking on 2BD if he had only one good playoff games in the last six games?

How the hell do you know that Allen "doesn't put in the work"?  And where do you get the idea that Allen has a huge ego?  Judas Priest the attacks on Allen under the guise of the Diggs trade are bizarre. 

heavy metal rock GIF

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Let's be real, Josh knows he threw that game away. And Diggs (or anyone) saying something critical probably would've struck a nerve.

I doubt it had anything to do with Josh disliking Diggs, but rather a moment where he was already hard on himself & not in the mood to deal with anything extra. 

How big a dick would we think any Bills player was if they went up to Bass after he missed that FG against KC to ream him out?  There is NO excuse for Diggs to have gone after Allen at that point.  None what-so-ever.  Add this to his publicly yelling at Allen on the sidelines in the Bengal's playoff game and I say good riddance Diggs.  It may hurt us this year but in the long run this was the best thing that could happen to this team.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don’t. I said I don’t know. Read it again.