Report: Micah Parsons act is "wearing thin" in Dallas

Uh oh...Diggs part II...let's see if the National Media turn this into the blazing 5 alarm fire like they did the  Diggs situation...

Report from 105.3 The Fan that he has heard from at least 4 "sources" inside the Cowboys locker room that if Parsons was traded there might not be as many people upset as you would think and that his act is wearing thin in the locker room there...

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/is-micah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Uh oh...Diggs part II...let's see if the National Media turn this into the blazing 5 alarm fire like they did the  Diggs situation...

Report from 105.3 The Fan that he has heard from at least 4 "sources" inside the Cowboys locker room that if Parsons was traded there might not be as many people upset as your would think and that his act is wearing thin in the locker room there...

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/is-micah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star

Here’s the problem Parsons is legit the best defensive player in the league just approaching his prime there’s a pretty good chance the other guys go who said this before him as Jerry will find out.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Here’s the problem Parsons is legit the best defensive player in the league just approaching his prime there’s a pretty good chance the other guys go who said this before him as Jerry will find out.

Until you run the ball right at him like the Bills did and then he is exposed.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 9

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You Sure?..... Is that too soon?

23 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Did he play against the Bills because I sure didn’t notice him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Exposed as what? Dan Quinn had him play snaps at 8 different positions last year. Nobody in the league does that

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

1st team all pro in 2023 and 2nd team all pro in 2024 so yes 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's the game plan that usually works against any top rusher, so I don't think that's exactly a knock on Parsons' game.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Report from 105.3 The Fan that he has heard from at least 4 "sources" inside the Cowboys locker room that if Parsons was traded there might not be as many people upset as you would think and that his act is wearing thin in the locker room there...

Diggs was an a-hole in so many situations it would be bordering on irrational to not call him an a-hole    

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sure didn’t look like the best when they played Buffalo or against the Niners in the divisional round. Not saying he’s not great, but I don’t think he’s the best. I think Nick Bosa is much more of a well rounded pass rusher. 

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Sure didn’t look like the best when they played Buffalo or against the Niners in the divisional round. Not saying he’s not great, but I don’t think he’s the best. I think Nick Bosa is much more of a well rounded pass rusher. 

Bosa is great but he plays with better front 7 talent…Players who have registered 12 or more sacks their first three seasons in the NFL.....................Reggie White and Mica Parsons.

I think the inaction on contract extensions for Prescott and Parsons coupled with the lack of free agency spending this year (and really the 2022/2023 seasons as well) suggests to me that Jerry is selling the Cowboys or handing it over to family.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think the inaction on contract extensions for Prescott and Parsons coupled with the lack of free agency spending this year (and really the 2022/2023 seasons as well) suggests to me that Jerry is selling the Cowboys or handing it over to family.  

I think the inaction on Dak's contract is because Jerry isn't sold on handing Dak $60M per. I think the inaction on the Parsons contract front is because Jerry doesn't want to hand Micah $30M+ per year, especially in light of the fact he doesn't know what he's going to do with Dak yet. I think otherwise, they have created this cap hell they find themselves in at the present moment AND they also have Cee Dee coming up on a contract too. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The reaction to Diggs' problems was pretty damn restrained until the trade.

If this had been NYC, now then we'd have seen probably not a 5 alarm fire but 3 or 4. Before the trade it was one or two alarms at most. It was a fire, but not a huge deal by any means.

Myself, if this Parsons thing gains legs, I'd expect bigger waves. It's a bigger market.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

My strong recollection from the postgame analyses of that game is that the Bills ran away from Parsons all game, i.e., identifying which side he was on pre-snap and then going in the other direction. I recall Jim Kubiak breaking it down in the BN, so if my memory isn’t faulty what you’re saying here is completely wrong.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Beast said:

He sure did, but the Bills had a great game plan that rendered him ineffective. They ran the ball down their throats.

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

My strong recollection from the postgame analyses of that game is that the Bills ran away from Parsons all game, i.e., identifying which side he was on pre-snap and then going in the other direction. I recall Jim Kubiak breaking it down in the BN, so if my memory isn’t faulty what you’re saying here is completely wrong.

Some people here still remember him being drafted with a "linebacker" designation and therefore presume that when the Bills ran all over the Cowboys they were running right down the throat of Parsons and he couldn't stop it. The reality is he is now an edge rusher. He played 108 snaps at linebacker the entire 2023 season out of 910 total snaps on defense. He was playing on the edge at Buffalo and their offensive gameplan was all about not giving Parsons the opportunity to make plays in the backfield - which he did 121 times last season..... that's 13% of his total snaps where he had a pressure, sack or tackle for loss. 

Yea. He's pretty awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The reaction to Diggs' problems was pretty damn restrained until the trade.

If this had been NYC, now then we'd have seen probably not a 5 alarm fire but 3 or 4. Before the trade it was one or two alarms at most. It was a fire, but not a huge deal by any means.

Myself, if this Parsons thing gains legs, I'd expect bigger waves. It's a bigger market.

Are you kidding?  The National Media had been creating story after story for 2 years, especially coming from Mike Florio and PFT who wrote every time Diggs tweeted something weird and said "Whoa! There is another tweet from Diggs wanting out".

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I will take a healthy Matt Milano over him...And certainly a healthy Nick Bosa.  And Chris Jones...remember him.  I am sure there are several others too.  If he is coming at Josh Allen one on one, he doesn't get a hand on Josh.  

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bosa is great but he plays with better front 7 talent…Players who have registered 12 or more sacks their first three seasons in the NFL.....................Reggie White and Mica Parsons.

Splitting hairs here, but Myles Garrett has 88.5 sacks in 7 seasons.  Chris Jones also has claim to the top spot.  

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Splitting hairs here, but Myles Garrett has 88.5 sacks in 7 seasons.  Chris Jones also has claim to the top spot.  

Yea that is fair. Parsons is in the conversation though. He is a stud.

25 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Chris Jones always seems to make the big play at the big time in the key games when the game hangs in the balance.  Over and over and over again...pretty much had a huge play in every playoff game for as long as I can remember for the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1