Report: Micah Parsons act is "wearing thin" in Dallas

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Uh oh...Diggs part II...let's see if the National Media turn this into the blazing 5 alarm fire like they did the  Diggs situation...

Report from 105.3 The Fan that he has heard from at least 4 "sources" inside the Cowboys locker room that if Parsons was traded there might not be as many people upset as you would think and that his act is wearing thin in the locker room there...

https://www.audacy.com/1053thefan/sports/dallas-cowboys/is-micah-parsons-behavior-wearing-thin-at-the-star

How did the media turn the Digg's situation into "blazing 5 alarm fire"??

They saw something legitimate, a clear case of a player very unsatisfied with his team, his quarterback, skipping the first day of training camp, sending out tweets/letting family members send tweets that indicated he wanted out, was fed up...  etcetera

The media saw smoke, and repeatedly over a long period time, and investigated it, commented on it, analyzed it...

The Bills did what they may have felt they needed to do, and those working for them (see Tasker, Jones, others) followed suit, and lied, lied, and lied some more more--'no problems here, a great player and leader, the media just making something out of literally nothing...'

To anyone paying attention, there was clearly a big problem, and none of us trusted the Bills' 'take'.

The sports media was clearly right to question the things they saw and heard over the last few years--they usually did their job, reporting on some things that were legitimate signs of a major problem with one of the best receivers on one of the best teams in the NFL.

The media did not make it up, or throw fire on anything.  They, like many of us, were right.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Here’s the problem Parsons is legit the best defensive player in the league just approaching his prime there’s a pretty good chance the other guys go who said this before him as Jerry will find out.

I disagree that Parsons is how you define him above, and he is not the 'legit best defensive player in the league'.

If he was he would show up in big games, consistently, and not simply disappear, and get displaced like a small rag doll against the good defenses, the good teams, like he did against the Bills and others the last few years.   When I want a good laugh I still watch parts of this year's  game, remembering how so many foolish people predicted that the girls would beat up on the poor, hapless Bills.  And the girls' defense!!  Look out! They were going to wreak havoc on the poor Bills, with that beast Parsons leading the charge. The Bills threw him around like he was a small weak child playing with men.

BUT I hope the girls' pay him as if he is how you define him.

22 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Sure didn’t look like the best when they played Buffalo or against the Niners in the divisional round. Not saying he’s not great, but I don’t think he’s the best. I think Nick Bosa is much more of a well rounded pass rusher. 

8 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Splitting hairs here, but Myles Garrett has 88.5 sacks in 7 seasons.  Chris Jones also has claim to the top spot.  

9 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I will take a healthy Matt Milano over him...And certainly a healthy Nick Bosa.  And Chris Jones...remember him.  I am sure there are several others too.  If he is coming at Josh Allen one on one, he doesn't get a hand on Josh.  

23 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Here’s the problem Parsons is legit the best defensive player in the league just approaching his prime there’s a pretty good chance the other guys go who said this before him as Jerry will find out.

Are you guys playing a game where you aren't allowed to mention TJ Watt or is he just so far ahead that when you say "the best", you really mean guys fighting for #2?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think you mean 2022 and 2023... unless you can predict the future..... 

thanks Gunner you are correct 

11 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

I disagree that Parsons is how you define him above, and he is not the 'legit best defensive player in the league'.

If he was he would show up in big games, consistently, and not simply disappear, and get displaced like a small rag doll against the good defenses, the good teams, like he did against the Bills and others the last few years.   When I want a good laugh I still watch parts of this year's  game, remembering how so many foolish people predicted that the girls would beat up on the poor, hapless Bills.  And the girls' defense!!  Look out! They were going to wreak havoc on the poor Bills, with that beast Parsons leading the charge. The Bills threw him around like he was a small weak child playing with men.

BUT I hope the girls' pay him as if he is how you define him.

They literally ran away from Parsons the entire game 

14 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

Hasn't he basically come out and said he loves the Eagles? Not a sign of any semblance of EQ if this is the case.  

I'm not too sure he loves the Eagles. However he was raised in Pennsylvania and went to Penn St.   On Draft night,he wanted the Cowboys to draft him.  Fast forward he's frustrated because of what a mess the Cowboys organization has become.

8 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I'm not too sure he loves the Eagles. However he was raised in Pennsylvania and went to Penn St.   On Draft night,he wanted the Cowboys to draft him.  Fast forward he's frustrated because of what a mess the Cowboys organization has become.

He's been hanging with Eagles players, going to 76ers games.  I think he's let it be known that he loves the east coast and Eagles fans.  It's all they're talking about on the radio here.  Possibly his agent is guiding him on how to get the biggest pile of cash that he can.  I can't see Dallas letting him go.  

Edited by YodaMan79

On 4/7/2024 at 6:09 PM, wppete said:

Never know. Jerry is a strange character. 

That is a under statement ! Jerry is a control freak so if this gets out of his control then there may be a possibility of him getting rid of the guy but i don't think Jerry is stupid enough to do the Von thing now, if it was 5 years ago & Von was still in his prime done deal but not now after the ACL thing & his age .

43 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Yeah, that must mean he sucks,right?

What it means he was very easily ran against and the Bills o-line dominated him. Plain and simple.

And, on top if that, if he’s being an issue well, no thanks. We just got rid of one of those.

Edited by Beast

they are going to give him a record setting contract, cee dee lamb also and Dak prescott.

I can't imagine lamb or parsons going anywhere.  The cowboys whole identity is drafting in the first round and losing in the first round.

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

thanks Gunner you are correct 

They literally ran away from Parsons the entire game 

Lol

Yes, the Bills  were terrified of such a dominant player, so just desperately ran and ran (as you say, 'away") from him.  Parsons played a great game, but the Bills were just clever enough to keep away from that powerful, immovable force that is Parsons.

I am reconsidering my position and now think the Bills merely got (very) lucky this past year against him and the girls, and were just somehow able to 'run away' from Parsons, getting monumentally lucky they were fast enough to keep away from that dominant brute.  It is terrifying to think what the girls and Parson will do to the poor Bills the next time they play each other.

4 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Yeah, that must mean he sucks,right?

No, it shows his greatness and that the Bills just lucked out--don't worry the girls will almost assuredly come through the  next time when the Bills aren't so lucky..

3 hours ago, Beast said:

What it means he was very easily ran against and the Bills o-line dominated him. Plain and simple.

I don't know if he was sick or injured that week, but he was absolutely not himself from the very beginning of that game.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Lol

Yes, the Bills  were terrified of such a dominant player, so just desperately ran and ran (as you say, 'away") from him.  Parsons played a great game, but the Bills were just clever enough to keep away from that powerful, immovable force that is Parsons.

I am reconsidering my position and now think the Bills merely got (very) lucky this past year against him and the girls, and were just somehow able to 'run away' from Parsons, getting monumentally lucky they were fast enough to keep away from that dominant brute.  It is terrifying to think what the girls and Parson will do to the poor Bills the next time they play each other.

No, it shows his greatness and that the Bills just lucked out--don't worry the girls will almost assuredly come through the  next time when the Bills aren't so lucky..

The Bills have their own problems but saying Micah Parsons is somehow terrible is living in an alternate universe. He’s literally one of only two guys in nfl history with at least 12 sacks his first 3 years not even Bruce did that 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/8/2024 at 6:25 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Are you guys playing a game where you aren't allowed to mention TJ Watt or is he just so far ahead that when you say "the best", you really mean guys fighting for #2?

TJ Watt is a dam good edge rusher also.  Much respect for his game.  I like Highsmith on the other side as well.  Not one of the top 5 in the league.  But a very good player.  

Speaking of good defensive players, I was on my phone sitting by a fountain in downtown Fort Lauderdale early last Friday evening and Aaron Donald just comes strolling by.  The dude was not overly tall.  I am 6'1 and he was no taller then me.  His arms are a little bigger though.  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2024 at 12:15 PM, Mister Defense said:

Lol

The Chiefs scored 51 against the Rams in 2018. Prime Aaron Donald clearly wasn’t a dominant player. Of course, the Rams scored 54 largely because Chris Jones was similarly terrible.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:53 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills have their own problems but saying Micah Parsons is somehow terrible is living in an alternate universe. He’s literally one of only two guys in nfl history with at least 12 sacks his first 3 years not even Bruce did that 

Never said he was terrible, said what I said about him in big games, and against good teams, including being less than a zero factor against the Bills this year.

He is Jerry Jones kind of player, lots of splash, publicity, but, so far, not a big game, big time player.  See: Dak Prescott.

I think he gets a bum rap. I think it's easy to get frustrated in Dallas, but more so I think it's easy for Dallas to make the story out of anything. Both the media and the team like to use it as leverage. 

Coincidentally my nephew refereed a game today for one team was coached by him.

i dont know Parsons.  im told hes the best defensive player in the league atm.  is it him?  the guys around him?  the scheme?  the play calling?  the coaching?  or a mix of all,  or none?  who really knows.  Football is the ultimate team game.   everybody has to perform for this guy to be able to do what he does.   maybe hes a headache,  or maybe he just wants to win before hes pushed out of this league.   some guys are motivated by the money,  some are motivated by winning it all, some both.  whatever,  id still take a flyer on him if we had cap space,  has to be better than Von at this point.