Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Also not to mention those that are still out there and can help at a reduced cost that while the rookies get up to speed. 

Hunter Renfrow

Allen Robinson

Tyler Boyd

OBJ

Michael Thomas

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Also not to mention those that are still out there and can help at a reduced cost that while the rookies get up to speed. 

Hunter Renfrow

Allen Robinson

Tyler Boyd

OBJ

Michael Thomas

Kendrick Bourne

Bourne re-signed in NE.

I can see Tyler Boyd signing here 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

What a total waste of your time to post all of that nonsense.  But, do you feel better now?

Hopefully you feel you can't get back the 20 minutes of your life it took you to read it, or did it take longer? 🤣

Also Remember this RedShirt (Shorter) has been with the Bills all year, so they would know where his development is more than us.  

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS

Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.

He’s a precise route runner, creating separation when used on quick outs and stop patterns in college. Shorter has good stop-start ability and lateral agility.

He tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.

Shorter runs precise routes, showing an innate feel for setting up defensive backs to create separation.

He’s broad-shouldered, long-limbed and a smooth athlete who showed the ability to make plays downfield.

An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.

A fluid mover capable of creating some separation over the middle of the field, Shorter has the long arms and soft hands to provide a sizable catch radius.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES

He’ll be coming to the NFL from a wide-open spread offense in which Shorter ran a limited route tree.

Shorter also lacks suddenness as a route runner, and that is a potential issue at the next level.

He’s not going to threaten to take the top off of a defense.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Bourne re-signed in NE.

I can see Tyler Boyd signing here 

My Bad missed that

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Dopey said:

Denial is a funny thing, especially when Josh has NOT denied any of this. And I'm sure he's heard the stories. Show me proof he denied any of this. Any proof. I know you like using the internet. Use it to show his denial. Otherwise, that's the story and I'm sticking to it.

The old guilty till proven innocent! 

The baby thing sounds false (the sketchy website that reported it also later said it was false). 

The breakup story may be true, lots locally have made claims, but so many are wanna-be attention garden-hoes now. 

This is the first I’ve ever heard of the ‘party before home games’ claim. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree they have to believe that. And yep, Harrison is not a total consensus as #1. Equally though Nabers isn't a total consensus as #2. 

The other option is a trade up to say #13 with the Raiders which costs a smaller price and take Thomas. 

early here, but this is the scenario im liking the most (obv on paper without specifics known).

If you win some money you dont immediately blow it out of a cannon as fast as you can to buy a mansion. you pay off your current mortgage, get a nice but reliable car, dont quit your job, stay on the plan.

small trade up to grab the #4 guy, unless a top 3 falls farther than youd expect. consider going to WR well again in 2nd/4th. develop shakir, Kink, plug some holes elsewhere.

that Minn 2nd is going to be a premium top 10 (maybe 5'ish) pick, so if some team wants to treat it like mid-late rd pick, you walk. if some team acknowledges that team is going to bottom out and theyre looking to trade back to build up a roster, you consider it

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Denial is a funny thing, especially when Josh has NOT denied any of this. And I'm sure he's heard the stories. Show me proof he denied any of this. Any proof. I know you like using the internet. Use it to show his denial. Otherwise, that's the story and I'm sticking to it.

Were you captain of the bong hit team in high school?  Why on earth would Josh have denied anything complimentary of Diggs when they were teammates?  He would not; unless josh was a terrible leader and toxic teammate.  There is no logic in your thought.  

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Hunter Renfrow

Allen Robinson

Tyler Boyd

OBJ

Michael Thomas

Kendrick Bourne

There are some interesting names there to pair with a rookie (that you might want to trade up for).

You have to think this went into Beane's decision making process. 

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

That Dopey personification (or it just must be your trueself) is really shining bright today lol

If only I had a dollar for every idiot who fell for the screen name and tried to be cute with it. Nice try. 

52 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe we can find a way to get either Thomas or OBJ. I know this probably hurts our financial flexibility but maybe there can be some magic with the numbers. If we used all these picks ti move way up and grab one of the elite WRs and added with M. Thomas or OBJ.. then all of a sudden I like what we have.

OBJ? LOL

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

What a completely unhinged take that willfully ignores reality. Since Diggs got to Buffalo they've had extremely similar production: 

image.png

its just reality

Diggs is a good player. Davante Adams is a different category of wideout. It's just how it is

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Bruffalo said:

There are some interesting names there to pair with a rookie (that you might want to trade up for).

You have to think this went into Beane's decision making process. 

I also am really not going into the WHO is WR for the next 6 months. like occurred with MLB.  For all we know Justin Shorter development is what also allowed Beane to say OK.  Very similar to Bernard and Edmunds.  I also think Shorter development plays a part and the sheer number of WRs in this years draft.  This would be the year, reset the cap all in one year and keep moving. 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

We may be getting caught up up in grammar. I mean next year as in 2025 because the current league year already started. 

$31M is the dead cap for 2024. Which is only a ~$3M increase from having him on the roster. 

The best way to look at this is the Bills gave up Stefon Diggs + $3M in cap space in 2024, bottom 10 6th and a 5th rounders, for a top 10 2nd in 2025 and 30M in cap space going forward

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If only I had a dollar for every idiot who fell for the screen name and tried to be cute with it. Nice try. 

Well its not like you are doing yourself any favors by not being dopey....  Nice try to deflect your dopey posting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dopey said:

Let's get something straight...JOSH IS NO TOM BRADY! Hell, HE'S NOT MAHOMES either. The lengths some homers go to. 😂. He's bordering on NOT BEING BURROW either. I am happy for Diggs. He wanted out and got his wish. Hopefully we have a real leader in Josh. 🙏

You're right, Allen is better than Mahomes. I personally would not want the Bills to trade Allen for Mahomes straight up.  It is some of the other things that Mahomes has around him, like Andy Reid, that has helped them be more successful.  Call it homerism if you want, but I have seen NFL analysts make the same case.

• Disagree 1

I'm disappointed but not surprised. It just seemed to sour with Diggs for whatever reason. And I  loved him so much.

Farewell Stefon, it could have been so much more

Edited by Simstim

2 hours ago, Magox said:

That's not what he said, what he said was that Diggs doesn't show up for the playoffs but does for the regular season.

That's a fact.

It is a fact, I've been saying that for two years now.  It's also not relevant to the points originally discussed.  

If the Bills are going to be a serious contender this year they need to trade for an Aiyuk, Higgins, or Jefferson.  If not, then they need to make a massive trade up to get one of those top three WR prospects.  That's the only way this team competes for a Super Bowl this year and it sucks if it doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, Simstim said:

I'm disappointed but not surprised. It just seemed to sour with Diggs for whatever reason. And I  loved him so much.

Farewell Stephon, it could have been so much more

You love him so much you can’t spell his first name correctly.

Sorry but I had to. It’s the Diggs in me coming out.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

If the Bills are going to be a serious contender this year they need to trade for an Aiyuk, Higgins, or Jefferson.  If not, then they need to make a massive trade up to get one of those top three WR prospects.  That's the only way this team competes for a Super Bowl this year and it sucks if it doesn't happen.

lol calm down w this

they werent competing for a Super Bowl even w Diggs, now you let the offense breath a bit and you will be surprised at how effective they can be

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Did you look at the KC WR corp in 2023?  You know…the one they won the SB with?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No on Higgins.  I think he is better suited as a top end WR2, but he wants to be paid like a top end WR1.  

I'd go after Aiyuk. He offers the deep threat that Davis provided with the possession capabilities of Diggs, and is a very good blocker. 

• Like (+1) 2