Morse Released

Holy $***! Did not expect this.

Beane is not being sentimental or emotional, but cold and calculating. If we want to win this attitude is required. I'm not necessarily agreeing with this specific move (and not arguing against it either) but the approach in general

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

this is concerning to me.

Everybody evaluates differently but Dallas repeatedly tried to make McGovern a more versatile player by giving him reps and time at center in the spring and camp.  They concluded he can not play center.

I feel like they just weakened the strength of the team.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Wowww. Guess we are drafting a center. 

I'm good with this. 

McGovern is moving to Center with Edward taking his Guard spot. Probably draft a backup Center as well tho

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Edwards in line to start with McGovern to C. Makes that Edwards contract a HUGE value at the moment.

BBB playing 3D chess here. I like it ... the more I think about it, the more I like it.

I love this.... We were getting old and slow.... Poyer gone, Neal gone, Hines gone, Hyde gone, Morris gone... don't drag it out. Rip the band aid off NOW!!!!  Clean up the cap NOW.  We are old and slow in safeties.   This does not mean these guys are not in our hearts forever... but we need to get aggressive to clean up the cap.... Constant restructure and extensions will have to come due eventually. 

Sorry, but we have ton of draft pics and we were quite old.  Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Smith (among others) were all getting old and expensive so over 2 years we got rid of them all.  We have been through this before... except Josh is still here with a top flight TE, WR, RB, 2 LBs and a solid OL.... all in or near their prime....  and Josh is not Todd Collins.    This is going to be painful, maybe only 10 wins this year... but worth it!  Because in 2025 we can reload completely.  You cant keep playing the cap game.... you have to get younger and faster.... 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very honestly, I'm surprised that Morse has played as long as he has. Every time he got another concussion, I was just waiting for him to hang it up. 

Of course the team is better with him on it, but put this in the category of the Belichick method....better to get rid of a player a year too soon than a year too late. We need to clear cap space, and older veterans with large salaries are always your best candidates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I loved Morse and he was great for Josh. Thanks for everything Mitch.

On the other hand, I absolutely love what Beane is doing last 3 days. It gives me hope that he is serious with getting younger and keeping cap situation as healthy as possible. This might mean he can manage this year without needing to touch Diggs' and Miller's contracts, which would be huge.

• Like (+1) 2