Quandre Diggs should be priority 1 in FA

I didn't watch many Seahawks games but most of their fans were happy to see him cut.  I guess he had a horrible year as age caught up to him quick.  His PFF grade for last season reflects that.  There are better options.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Title says it all. I think he's a stud that we could get for a fairly reasonable contract and plug an immediate hole.. Thoughts?

You know what my wife would say to this?.........never mind

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, boyst said:

Jamal Adams is 28. This especially hurt when my coworker said he is old.

From their cut thread. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He looked old and slow this year. I'd rather they add some young legs next to Poyer. 

Braahhh... See above. Except Diggs is 31.

If 28 is old, and 31 is old AND slow just go ahead and keep kicking the old man while he's down. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

From their cut thread. 

If 28 is old, and 31 is old AND slow just go ahead and keep kicking the old man while he's down. 

Don’t let those bastards drag you down!!!

lol, I kid, I kid.  (Kind of 👍🏻)

😂😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, boyst said:

From their cut thread. 

lmao..

I was thinking we get him on a 1 year deal and get a day 3 S to coach up for following season 

Just now, Blank Stare said:

I’d prefer an infusion of youth throughout the team (especially the defense), but safety and corner are the two areas I have complete trust in whatever McBeane decide.

Facts! 

Just thought he'd be cheap contract 

Also wouldn't mind bringing Rapp back

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Title says it all. I think he's a stud that we could get for a fairly reasonable contract and plug an immediate hole.. Thoughts?

No. He is clearly heading downward...no need to add aging expensive players who are over the hill but who still think they are worth big money.

Edited by Big Turk

Going into year 10 at age 31.....are we going to pay him for his past accomplishments or what he can do in the future?  Not interested in paying another aging player.  We should find the next quandre Diggs who is 25 IMO

Beane needs to find the next Poyer/Hyde, an underutilized or mis-cast CB from another team who fits our Safety mold & won't cost too much.

• Like (+1) 1

With who there is coming out in the draft i would rather get one of them plug them in early like KC did a couple years back so by the end of the year they will have some game experience and move forward with their contracts being better for future cap concerns plus the team is getting younger at the same time .

I don't see many FA contracts unless they can get them late for much less money .

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Beane needs to find the next Poyer/Hyde, an underutilized or mis-cast CB from another team who fits our Safety mold & won't cost too much.

Alohi Gilman from the Chargers. High upside and won't be expensive.

2 hours ago, 947 said:

I had failed high-pedigree guys like CJ Henderson and Kristian Fulton on my short list for that. Young guys who were highly touted corners and for whatever reason it just hasn't worked out should maybe consider a move to safety. 

Safety is going to be interesting because.. yea, we need to get younger there.  Also, these free agent Safeties have zero negotiating power.  If you want a solid vet for cheap... you're going to get a solid vet for cheap. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No. He is clearly heading downward...no need to add aging expensive players who are over the hill but who still think they are worth big money.

Was thinking we could get him on the cheap. If not I definitely agree

Particularly at a position like safety, I don't think an old name player is the way to go.  Ideally can find someone the way they found Poyer and Hyde.  Find players who have flashed talent but haven't had an opportunity for whatever reason.

There is a burgeoning free agency period in November where old vets sign on with teams for a playoff run.  Diggs will be one of these players.

Unless you're a team that doesn't care about the 2024 season, you aren't giving starter minutes to a 32-year old safety.  

20 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Is this a Williams thing?  We gotta stocking up on players named Diggs now?

I know right? I miss the glory days when we focused our attention on having OL with male anatomy sounding names. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1