Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

TBBills Fan

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The QB of equal caliber has been beaten by Mahomes 3 of last 4 seasons in playoffs.

You're just whistling past the graveyard man.

Except that you cannot pin our losses on poor QB play where boneheaded coaching blunders and/or grandma defense gives games away. Josh has consistently played well outside of the Bungals game in the playoffs…

Just now, Blank Stare said:

I saw Purdy and the others sweating it out on that last drive thinking they could stop them. I’m thinking Purdy better get ready because they are about to rip your heart out and stomp on it. All the makings of a Bills loss we’re all way too familiar with. 

They lost pretty much the same way as us with Chris jones blowing up a sure go ahead td…kind of freaky to think about lol

• Agree 1

If your SF, you have to consider replacing Shanahan. 

You can't tell me they lose that game with Belichick. 

Now..the big question for KC is Reid & Kelce. I think both will be back no?

Anyways, that was the worst Chiefs offense of the Mahomes era. They still won.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here we go folks. It's starting. Everybody is going to spend the next 8 months ignoring what they watched with their own eyes and boil it all down to one player.

Man I just said Mahomes has it, I can’t stand KC anymore then anyone, but the dude makes the plays , 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He played about as well as his athletic profile could allow for, but still not good enough ultimately. He doesn't have a playmaking bone in his body.

In fairness his Oline did him few favors in the 4th Q in obvious blitz downs…

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Chiefs beat dolphins, @ bills, @ ravens, and then the best team all yr in 49ers. Gotta hand it to them…

And didn’t get a good version of any of those teams. I’d say the bills and niners had solid games (as whole team grades). I guess that’s what happens when you have the best coaching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

It matters to me. If you want to hear Brock Purdy is better than Allen all ***** off season then I gues you are disappointed.

Purdy has one more SB appearance than Allen.  Yikes and yuck...

2 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Some teams have all the luck. Just like the Patriots they win by a few points and everything goes right at the perfect time. Crazy how they get outplayed and still win.

I just want to see the Bills win one.

When things go right more often than not, it usually is because their coaching is better. The playcall with hardman was genius...Mcdermott doesn't make that call.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Baltimore’s defense is Super Bowl caliber. You can win one with a QB like Lamar who is good enough.

Sure, but the point is given his playoff choke history there’s no way they should have the 3rd best odds to win the SB, imho

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I just love how KC all out blitzes when they need a stop and they won the game tonight because of it. 

We did it vs. the Broncos and they completed a prayer ball.  Cue the "McDermott is clueless!1!!1" cries, etc.

Y'all are exceptionally outcome-based when it comes to determining what is and is not a good call.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I hate to break it to you, but there were a lot of great QB’s in Brady’s day and he cleared them all.

Brady was 9-4 in AFC championship games.  Great record - plus other years he didn't make it to the AFC championship.   Even if Mahomes were the next Brady, other  QB's did get through.  We have as good a chance as any to get through the Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think bills chiefs games playoffs or not will be a tossup for a long time…the playoff sample size is just too small to make inferences on especially with one game being ridiculously close and another being very close.  If they were whoopin us like that early afc championship every time out I’d feel more hopeless 

Unless Bliis get Allen some receivers and just tries to outscore them they will never beat Mahomes,  you can't play last possession game with Mahomes.  Even if Bass makes that FG you know Mahomes is going down the field for game winning FG.  Allen trying to score TD with 2 mins left was also not good. 

2 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Some teams have all the luck. Just like the Patriots they win by a few points and everything goes right at the perfect time. Crazy how they get outplayed and still win.

I just want to see the Bills win one.

Right down to the ridiculous game changing ST turnover - just unbelievable 

Just now, 97bills said:

Man I just said Mahomes has it, I can’t stand KC anymore then anyone, but the dude makes the plays , 

Blessed franchise, blessed city.  But hey, they moved up the draft board to get him so props to them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BMWR100RT said:

Healthy Bills beat both these teams. But that ship sailed.

Ok, but it’s always something.

Chiefs lost their starting DT and EDGE. 

If that was McDermott’s Defense, we’d chalk it up to injuries as he gets 30+ hung on us. 

Im getting real sick of acting like we always have an excuse.  

KC is luckier than most, but they also make their own luck… like resting Week 18. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

SF might be in trouble. Their only saving grace is they’re getting by with a QB on an absolute dirt cheap contract. Can’t pay that defense and all the weapons they have on offense whilst you’re continually trading away your high value draft picks. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

He keeps winning Superbowls by luck, it’s uncanny. Mahomes on the Jets would be lucky to win 6 games. 

He has been surrounded by elite players that make clutch plays, and elite coaches, on both sides of the ball. He also did not play especially well in this game. And that's fine. QBs are allowed to play below their highest standard and still win games against great opponents. At least some QBs are.

Seriously if anyone's takeaway from this game is "Mahomes just finds a way to get it done" I have about zero respect for your football opinion. Please use your eyes.

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to take away from the greatness that is Mahomes. He is one of the best QBs I've ever watched.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I thought he was kind of bad in this one honestly 😂. Missing wide open reads all night and making tons of mistakes…showed up that last drive though for sure 

he had a good season but a lot of the credit he’s getting should be going to the defense 

He threw for over 300 yards, but when he HAD to make plays,  he did. Every single time. All playoffs, then tonight. That's what GOATS do

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Georgia Bill said:

Brady was 9-4 in AFC championship games.  Great record - plus other years he didn't make it to the AFC championship.   Even if Mahomes were the next Brady, other  QB's did get through.  We have as good a chance as any to get through the Chiefs.

I mean, I guess? Some guys never got through. 

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

When things go right more often than not, it usually is because their coaching is better. The playcall with hardman was genius...Mcdermott doesn't make that call.

No he doesn't.  But Brady might.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stevewin said:

Right down to the ridiculous game changing ST turnover - just unbelievable 

Inches from blocking long fFG and inches to hit the 49er player foot,  did the Chiefs lose anyone in this game?

Beane needs new way of thinking,  stop worrying about loading the defence.  Get the best offence in the league and just try and outscore them

2 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

And didn’t get a good version of any of those teams. I’d say the bills and niners had solid games (as whole team grades). I guess that’s what happens when you have the best coaching. 

Chiefs got a very good version of the Ravens. The Ravens just played stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Chiefs beat dolphins, @ bills, @ ravens, and then the best team all yr in 49ers. Gotta hand it to them…

Don't do that. They already use their own hands too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.