Inside Jets dysfunction article in the Athletic

stevewin

No NFL team is perfect when you pull back the curtain.

Jets know they need to win this year though with Rogers back and I expect them to truly go 'all in' for a championship run which also complicates things for the Bills and makes their path to the division and playoffs that more difficult.

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Jets know they need to win this year though with Rogers back and I expect them to truly go 'all in' for a championship run which also complicates things for the Bills and makes their path to the division and playoffs that more difficult.

we sure know it's not going to be miami getting in the way...amiright?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, teef said:

Dolphins definitely going to be a factor Teef.....and I also see them going all in this year too given the cap situation and there's going to be tons of pressure on McDaniel and Tua to take the next step in the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I made a pithy comment a while back about only trusting Rodgers in his taste in drugs.

Look, I am not expecting football players to be MENSA members (though there certainly are some extremely intelligent players in the league) but Rodgers has gone completely 'round the bend. From being a vaccine denier, to claiming alien sightings are being used to hide Epstein updates, to explicitly stating that a (arguably not very funny) comedian who mocked him will be revealed to be a child molester.

He has become a liability

A Ron is a classic example of the Dunning Kruger Syndrome…,  sadly there’s a lot of that going around nowadays…, 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Saleh is a well spoken ReX Ryan 

Rex is gregarious, knows what he’s talking about re: Defense.  Saleh is a chronically drowning meat head who doesn’t know how to treat guys who are far more gifted than him. 

His azz kissing of Rodgers is shameless.   I’m surprised his team hasn’t fragged him in the locker room yet

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

Rodgers is a loud mouthed idiot.  Once things start to go bad for a bit next year he will talk too much and too publicly.  Not worried about them for the next few years.

Hopefully Miami over pays Tua and then cannot afford to keep all the talent around him which he needs

Hopefully the pats early pick turns out to be a bust.

Go bills.

Edited by sleeby
Spelling

18 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Shut up! Shut up! 

Posting Jets dysfunction is like posting tomorrow's sunrise or yesterday's weather. 

14 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s football gossip, 

Not much difference between 2+2=4 and Jets dysfunction. 

• Like (+1) 1

Frankie V on X: "There is a massive divide at the #Jets. I think it all started from circumstances around Zach Wilson that led to the departures of Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, etc. Saleh’s bad leadership couldn’t keep it together before he lost all control of the team. Now Rodgers is trying…" / X (twitter.com)

I wonder if Saleh survives this. Nothing being said here with NYC media about his job security, but this really is a bad look. 

17 hours ago, sleeby said:

Hopefully Miami over pays Tua and then cannot afford to keep all the talent around him which he needs

They're about to lose Christian Wilkins too, unless they franchise him for huge money or he takes a discount in order to keep grabbing Josh's junk twice a year.

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Frankie V on X: "There is a massive divide at the #Jets. I think it all started from circumstances around Zach Wilson that led to the departures of Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, etc. Saleh’s bad leadership couldn’t keep it together before he lost all control of the team. Now Rodgers is trying…" / X (twitter.com)

I wonder if Saleh survives this. Nothing being said here with NYC media about his job security, but this really is a bad look. 

The Dunne article actually increased McDermott's job security, but the NY media market is a different beast. They might just pile on now that they smell blood in the water. Hey, I've got an idea. Why not just let Aaron Rodgers coach the team? He's already the QB and the GM. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bills could not be more fortunate that the Jests are planning to run it back again with Saleh, Hackett and Rodgers...it's going to make this past Jests' season look like a picnic at the beach.  Truly amazing that Saleh still has a job. 

On 1/31/2024 at 8:27 AM, KDIGGZ said:

I find it funny that the story leaked about Saleh threatening the leaker 🤣

And threatened to take their cell phones??? In what world is this guy living? 

I hope Rodgers doesn't get hurt again, just so it proves to everyone what a joke the Jets are. Zero team chemistry and the coaches are trash. Management has always been trash, so no change there.

12 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

And threatened to take their cell phones??? In what world is this guy living? 

I hope Rodgers doesn't get hurt again, just so it proves to everyone what a joke the Jets are. Zero team chemistry and the coaches are trash. Management has always been trash, so no change there.

He's walking around taking cell phones and the leaker is like just a sec let me finish this email... 😂

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

The Dunne article actually increased McDermott's job security, but the NY media market is a different beast. They might just pile on now that they smell blood in the water. Hey, I've got an idea. Why not just let Aaron Rodgers coach the team? He's already the QB and the GM. 

Also - McD seemed to have the support of the players who rallied behind him - don't think the same can be said of the Jets players w/ Saleh

22 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Rodgers, Hackett, Saleh & Douglas will all be gone in 2025.  

I don’t believe that even with Rodgers coming back that the Jets would be a threat. They are a totally dysfunctional outfit. We saw how good Hackett did with Russell Wilson. Their defense will still be good until players stop believing in their system during the season. Many will be looking forward to their next contract and new team. Too many chefs in that kitchen. Go Bills!!

On 1/31/2024 at 3:35 PM, Eastport bills said:

Jets in their desperation to be relevant, handed over the operational responsibilities to a  washed up , injury prone QB, who is a polarizing nut bag. I guess it’s a positive for us, but bad for football. It’s always better when one of the NY/NJ teams are championship caliber.

So the last decade has been awful then?

On 1/31/2024 at 4:04 PM, FilthyBeast said:

On 1/31/2024 at 4:05 PM, teef said:

Feels like you can just go with this formula

insert team name here will stand in the way of the Bills.

and it's a safe bet you'll have @FilthyBeast's support.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'll be the minority here but I think the Jets are close to being a playoff team, maybe a contender with a good offseason. 

Big mistakes were not investing more in o line, giving Rodgers too much power (may have agreed to that to get him), and HACKETT.

If they fix the o line and Rodgers is healthy that will hide the Hackett effect.  That defense is no joke.  Pair it with an offense that doesn't go 3 and out all the time and you have something.   

On 1/31/2024 at 8:49 AM, strive_for_five_guy said:

No kidding.  Apparently McAfee was/is paying Rodgers like $1M/year to be on the show too.

With all the headlines it's produced, he is getting his money's worth out of it.

• Agree 1

Saleh is a great coordinator talent, but not even a satisfactory HC, imho. We’re blessed to have this organization in our division year after year, even tho for some reason they do always play us tough. Can’t wait to see Rodgers fail to elevate this franchise, and thus slow their necessary tear down process by another year in the meantime. 

7 hours ago, stuvian said:

One was the decision to draft former BYU quarterback Zach Wilson with the No. 2 overall pick in 2021. Hogan, who developed scouting connections at BYU while working years ago as the director of football operations at the University of Utah, was known to be a strong advocate for Wilson during the draft process. An executive from another team, who knows Hogan personally, theorized it may have been a factor in letting him go.

Geez

On 2/2/2024 at 3:00 PM, L Ron Burgundy said:

I'll be the minority here but I think the Jets are close to being a playoff team, maybe a contender with a good offseason. 

Big mistakes were not investing more in o line, giving Rodgers too much power (may have agreed to that to get him), and HACKETT.

If they fix the o line and Rodgers is healthy that will hide the Hackett effect.  That defense is no joke.  Pair it with an offense that doesn't go 3 and out all the time and you have something.   

I agree, but I think they have this one shot at it.  I'm definitely not shoveling dirt on the idea that they are going to be a contender for the Division next season.

If they start out poorly though, or even have a bad slide, the drama is going to be off the charts.  I also do wonder how Rodgers will be health-wise.  I also don't think you can just fabricate an O-line overnight, and they don't exactly have a ton of cap space and are short on picks.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Cannot wait to watch them implode again in 2024.  Gonna be awesome.

I am confident the Bills will handle them at home but not so much in NJ. They treat the games vs the Bills like their personal Super Bowl.

22 hours ago, Gregg said:

Lost the last 2 at MetLife. They suck but they have given the Bills trouble in East Rutherford, NJ. It would be nice to get back to sweeping them again.

What so ironic to me, is I think if Rodgers doesn’t get hurt, Bills win that game. He went down so early, suddenly the game plan changed and Jets had a “let’s do it for Rodgers” moment. 

I know it was only 4 plays, but he was sacked, pressured into a throwaway on his only two attempts. Bills were all over him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What so ironic to me, is I think if Rodgers doesn’t get hurt, Bills win that game. He went down so early, suddenly the game plan changed and Jets had a “let’s do it for Rodgers” moment. 

I know it was only 4 plays, but he was sacked, pressured into a throwaway on his only two attempts. Bills were all over him 

It's possible but Allen played like crap. He even said so. 

Rodgers will come back and the Jets will have a good (not great) season, making the playoffs as a Wild Card and losing to the Chiefs or Bengals.

The team will then proceed to implode because they're built on a rotten foundation, Saleh is not the guy, Rodgers is an egomaniac, and the other players are going to be increasingly alienated by the special treatment of him (which it sounds like is already happening).

I view the Jets as a short term threat to make life a little harder for the Bills, make the playoffs, and get way more ESPN hype and TV time than they deserve. Long term, though? I am not worried about them in the least. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.