Patriot WR arrested for illegal gambling - Over 8,000 bets!

Einstein

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Drafted by the Patriots last offseason, this is a player that the Patriots forum was very high on before and during the season.

So is this first person in history to be arrested for illegal online gambling?

10 hours ago, Old Coot said:

It's only a matter of time before there's a sports scandal involving players bribed to throw a game.

Refs influencing the outcome vs players influencing the outcome will make for one interesting football game, that’s for sure 

11 hours ago, Old Coot said:

It's only a matter of time before there's a sports scandal involving players bribed to throw a game.

In fairness, he could bet against the Pats* and not throw the game, and he'd still be likely to win the bet. 😁

11 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Yup, not that the NFL cares, the league/owners own the gambling houses, just as long as the money keeps rolling in.  It always amazes me that so many wage earners so eagerly give billionaires their money, (and not just through gambling),  being that the vast majority of gamblers lose to the house on a regular basis, oh well…, 

• Agree 1

Gambling is addictive and there are lots of people who struggle with this one. With the way gambling is being pushed on all of us, only a matter of time until higher profile people start falling victim.

Expect to see more and more of this.

Hopefully the league has ideas on how to help the players/coaches/refs who end up addicted. (Spoiler alert: it doesnt)

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Friendly reminder that in the NFL you can punch a woman square in the face or choke your pregnant girlfriend and be a total piece of human garbage...just as long as you don't place a sports bet!

For what it's worth, this is true of most of our jobs.

It isnt our employer's duty to punish us for anything that happens outside of work. But if I do something work-related that directly affects the company's revenue or reputation, they will fire me.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Gambling is addictive and there are lots of people who struggle with this one. With the way gambling is being pushed on all of us, only a matter of time until higher profile people start falling victim.

Hopefully the league has ideas on how to help the players/coaches/refs who end up addicted. (Spoiler alert: it doesnt)

Now you can legally, gambled stoned.   Bad combo.  

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

Now you can legally, gambled stoned.   Bad combo.  

Gambling stoned just means I'm more likely to never click the "Submit" button on my bets because I got distracted by some rice krispie treats.

Now drunk gambling... well, that has built entire cities!

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Bro made some coin, holy s***

Actually he lost over 80 grand.  All that matters is what he deposited and what he withdrew. You can make a whole bunch then gamble it all and lose it.  It said most of the winnings went back into other bets, which I'm guessing he lost, then deposited more money. 

• Agree 1

“Kayshon Boutte allegedly didn’t do much to hide his illegal gambling. While placing more than 8,900 bets while underage (including some on his LSU football team) he used accounts with the username “kayshonboutte7” and “kayshonboutte01” according to the affidavit.”

WOOOOOOW! 🤪😜👎🏻🙄

What a ***** Cletus Clown!

What’s the line on this fool scoring < 5 on the Wonderlic?

-900?

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For what it's worth, this is true of most of our jobs.

It isnt our employer's duty to punish us for anything that happens outside of work. But if I do something work-related that directly affects the company's revenue or reputation, they will fire me.

the NCAA is very very big on the gambling issue. The Don't Bet On It campaign has been around a very long time. Every locker room in the NCAA is littered with signs and billboards about it. There are several meetings that teams have to go through, including stuff like this. Even baseball, track, and diving teams have preventative and warning seminars for betting. They have them for domestic abuse, substance abuse, sexual assault, dealing with law enforcement, and more.

The NFL does not do as well to protect its athletes as the NCAA.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.