What is your gut telling you right now?

I feel fine

excluding the regular season game we played against each other the Chiefs are 1-3 w a -6 point differential vs playoff teams

the Bills are 4-1 w a +59 point differential

the last time they scored 30+ points was in November vs the Chargers

they are a dead average middle of the pack offense who shouldn't scare anyone

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I feel fine

excluding the regular season game we played against each other the Chiefs are 1-3 w a -6 point differential vs playoff teams

The only playoff team they beat was the Dolphins twice.

Very anxious. If we win, we’ll break thru a  big potential mental block with overcoming KC in the playoffs 

if we lose… itll be KC that sent us home 3 out of the last 4 years in the playoffs and this time in our own stadium and thats painful to even consider 

I give McD a lot of xrap but in this game barring a coaching blunder this is all about Josh and the o-line execution.

If Josh plays controlled hero ball we win.

If Oline keeps Josh relatively clean we win.

If Jones is lighting up Torrence I have a quick hook to go to Edwards or Bates at RG. Three series max to see if he is capable to handle Jones. 

I really think we are going to struggle against their corners. I'm fine with keeping extra guys in to block and if the forst read is not there a dump off or Josh run.

So the game plan should be a lot of heavy formations and run calls.  Hopefully some nice rollouts and ball control to the RB and TE. I think we can win even if Diggs doesn't get a catch but Josh runs for 75.

Notice I didn't mention the defense. Really don't think the D matters. This is all on Josh and the offense. Score early, often, and play keep away from Reid, Mahomes and Kelce. I don't think any of those three have the patience to slug it out with Buffalo. 

If they can run and play action on us then Josh just needs to score (TD ot FG) nearly every drive. 

Lastily if Bills have the chance for a kill shot late in the game, trust Allen to make it. Even if he doesn't I'd rather go down with Allen than our D on a final drive.

12 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Felt fine until the Hochuli assignment. Totally threw me, but my gut has a horrible prediction rate anyway.

Yeah this is really bad; nfl wants swift in the superbowl? Someone did some research and bills are like 6-34 in Shawn Hochuli ref games this century 

Absolutely worst crew for us to have 

I feel pretty good about this game...even with the injuries. If there's a game where we can do without Benford and Bernard, it's against KC's weak receiving corps. As long as we have Rasul and Taron back, their absences shouldn't hurt much.

I also think the crowd will bring the energy and intensity to help carry the D and throw Mahomes off enough to not have the best day.

I see a Bills team that realizes it has a chance to slay a demon that took something away from them a few years back, and for guys like Diggs and Allen, this one means more than any game they've played. 

They will shut down Pacheco, and Kelce is on the verge of being washed. 

Bills take care of business, and the team is now free from it's playoff letdown label, and will likely go into Baltimore an underdog, which would benefit us, I believe.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you feel good about this game?  

What is making your nervous?  What is making you confident?

I feel good, I do expect a win.  I can't handle the thought of us not winning.  I usually don't let games bother me too much, I was surprisingly calm for 13 seconds because I have been let down before by the Bills.  

This one though, this is our redemption game.  We are the better team, we need to win this game.

It's in Buffalo...we can't lose to the Chiefs here.

Our defensive injuries are so worrisome for me.  Keeping my fingers crossed we get at least Taron Johnson, Douglas and Dodson back.  We can't have two back ups at corner and linebacker.  

Royale, I am saying ditto to the above and absolutely no sarcasm intended.

Brother, EVERYTHING you stated above, all of it, I am feeling.

I can’t believe how badly I want this one.  I can’t believe how distracting it is right now for me.  

I feel like that one female character in the original matrix just before her plug was pulled…”not like this. NOT like this.”  We can’t get them here and then be decimated by circumstances.

I believe we will win.  I would “get” a loss, but I would be devastated. 

our boys are going to do this. Let’s go!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I feel pretty good about this one.  Injuries will be a big factor, really need some of the guys back on D, so that’s going to be tough.  That said, Allen looked SHARP last game.  If he brings the calm, cool, killer attitude with him, I think this is a win.    To me, the absolute biggest thing is getting Douglas back to match up w Kelce and obviously Johnson would be a big help.  The zone is going to be tested with Rice, but Kermit has not looked infallible this year so that is encouraging.  

Their D has been good, but they have played a lot of REALLY mediocre offenses, look at their schedule, the Lions were the best O they faced all year and that was the first game of the year before their rookies went scorched earth.   People talk about the Dolphins having an easy schedule and no quality wins, KC’s best win this year is against THE DOLPHINS. 

For as down on this team as I have been all year, I think there’s a legit shot at the SB this year, nobody out there is unbeatable.   The Ravens have a tough test this week, and are notoriously bad in the playoffs, to me they are the best team left, but McClappy has had their number, I think the Bills can win that if they get there.   The NFC is a complete ***** show, so whoever makes it, still is beatable.   There’s never been a better opportunity for the Bills to “steal” a title than this year.   It would be amazing to pull it off. 

Next year only gets tougher as Burrow returns, Stroud/Texans continue to rise, SD gets new coach/new life and some of these other teams that just missed out get back to full strength, with some faith in their ability. The Bills need to add some pieces to stay at the top and don’t have a lot to work with money wise, so we are going to be running a lot of it back and hoping for some big improvements from guys who aren’t quite there yet.  

GO Bills! 

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I feel fine

If you want to feel even better, review their season, their best win is against… THE DOLPHINS!  The team blasted for no quality wins, is the only significant win on the Chiefs record.

3 hours ago, eball said:

This should go well.

Anti acid / heartburn / with a healthy dose of opinion, it’ll be awesome, 

Oh, and by the way, we got this! 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Feel about the same as I did in 2021 when we faced them in Arrowhead.

These two teams are about as evenly matched as teams can be.  It's a 50/50 coin flip (literally) and we happened to come up on the wrong side last time.  I would like to think that makes odds in our favor this time, but it never seems to work that way.  Homefield may give us a small edge.  Injuries may cause that edge to disappear. 

Either way, I see this one going to the final minute/seconds like most of our games.

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

These two teams are about as evenly matched as teams can be

Couldn’t disagree more.  The only thing that evens the playing field is the defensive injuries the Bills are currently dealing with.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  The only thing that evens the playing field is the defensive injuries the Bills are currently dealing with.

If we had Milano and white we would not have Douglas (or would we???).

Regardless, without injuries we could control the clock better and hold field position better. 

Just now, boyst said:

If we had Milano and white we would not have Douglas (or would we???).

Regardless, without injuries we could control the clock better and hold field position better. 

I think if we get a couple of these guys back — preferably Rasul, Taron, and (in my wildest dreams) Bernard — we will absolutely control this game from start to finish.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Heart says Win. Gut says blow out loss..

Yeah. I always see the half empty glass when it comes to the Bills. I see so much motivation for KC:

- everyone saying Mahomes is playing his first away game in the PO, as though he'll struggle

- The way the last game ended

- Bills being favored

Add to this all the injuries to the Bills and the fact that the Chiefs are more of a defensive team this season and I have visions of Allen getting strip sacked by Jones, and Mahomes completing pass after pass to Kelce, with their running game gashing us in the second half.

This is sort of my technique anyway because if they play well and win I will be pleasantly surprised, if they lose I won't be angry the way I used to get when I was young. 

When we scored in the divisional game with 13 seconds left I didn't celebrate at all because I was just thinking about the Music City Miracle and the Leodis McKelvin fumble and a hundred other heart breaking moments. 

I admire the super positive Bills fans who always predict victory no matter the circumstances but I prefer to just sit back expecting the worst and hoping for the best

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, mmmfriedchicken said:

Very anxious. If we win, we’ll break thru a  big potential mental block with overcoming KC in the playoffs 

if we lose… itll be KC that sent us home 3 out of the last 4 years in the playoffs and this time in our own stadium and thats painful to even consider 

NFL history is covered with all-time greats who struggled for years before finally breaking through:

- Steve Young's 49ers couldn't get past the Cowboys

- Brett Favre's Packers couldn't get past the Cowboys

- Peyton Manning's Colts couldn't get past the Patriots

This game is the next step for Josh Allen if he wants to be mentioned with those names.  Keep struggling to get past the Chiefs, and he becomes the next Phillip Rivers.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I feel fine

If you want to feel even better, review their season, their best win is against… THE DOLPHINS!  The team blasted for no quality wins, is the only significant win on the Chiefs record.

My gut says the Bills figure out a way to get it done. What that is gonna look like with our D being held together by duct tape, I don't know...maybe similar to the Steelers game where we get a turnover or two early to get a lead and then weather the storm as we continue losing players.

• Like (+1) 1

Had a terrible nightmare that we were getting absolutely rolled.  Woke up, too a deep breath, and was relieved it was a dream.  I very rarely dream about the upcoming games, but this one was there.  We may lose, but I don't see us just rolling over in the process.  But man, I was glad to wake up from that one. 

I think this one just means more than most.  Sure, we win this one and next week becomes the biggest game we have had in years.....even bigger than the AFC Championship game a few years ago.  Going into that game, I knew we were the underdogs and probably not quite ready for that one.  This year is different.  I firmly believe if we play our best football, we can beat anyone.  But I also believe that we can shoot ourselves in the foot and beat ourselves either through our play or bad coaching decisions at any point and time.  I think we definitely can win this week, but the confidence level isn't nearly as high as it was going into last week.  Until they beat this team when it matters most, it will remain to be seen. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

LTBF

Do you think Mahomes and Kelce and Reid are bringing anything less than their A game? Do you think that this game will be too big for them or do you think they will be in their Element?

Do you think McD will be in his Element? Or will this possibly become too big for him, again?

Hoping and wanting are great. I hope and want drub the heck out of them.

Faith is another thing entirely. Faith is based upon previous experiences ( not wishful thinking which a huge segment of humanity misses) I don’t have faith in McD because his previous performances preclude it. 
    So, eye rolls and puke emojis aside, what is it that has you not sounding too sold on a win but still throwing shade?

I think both teams have shown inconsistent play this year. I favor Reid over McD and don't say that to knock McD at all. In my opinion home field slight advantage for us. All things considered.... Even or 50-50 chance we win or lose.

• Like (+1) 1

To be the man, you got to beat the man - Ric Flair

I WANT the Bills to win, but I'm bracing myself for the loss in some sort of Billsy fashion.

13 seconds broke me.  Like I sat there stunned after the game was over for like an hour just wondering how the team could have wasted the greatest performance by a Bills QB ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

The Bills and Chiefs are kind of Jekyll and Hyde imo when it comes to their warts.

My prediction is whatever team starts the hottest will win. 

Similar to Steelers, the Chiefs don’t really have the horses to comeback down double digits. But honestly, not sure the Bills do either unless Josh plays out of his mind.

If the Chiefs get up 10-0 early or even 7-0 on their second possession after we go three and out, I will feel extremely nervous. Conversely, if we get a 10 point lead early, I think we win the game going away. 

I wouldn't sleep on Mahomes coming back even if we're up by 17.  

Per my initial post here, if we go up and start playing conservatively on offense to "kill the clock" or whatever, IMO that will be a mistake.  We need to try to score on every single drive.  

Otherwise, to add to what you said, TOs will also be key.  We are 8-2 when the opponent commits 2+ TOs.  We are 3-5 when we commit 2+ TOs.  So there's that.  

• Agree 1

My gut is telling me: Be Afraid.

We're facing Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, and a good KC offense with a defense that's a bloodied mess.  

The matchup on the other side of the ball - our O versus their D - is far more even.  

I fear losing by two or more scores.

But I also hope.  I hope that McD (as DC) and Josh have great games that turn the result in our favor despite the long parade of walking wounded.  

53 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

I'm scared the Bills get a TD in OT, then the Chiefs get a TD & a 2 point conversion to win🥶

Damn rule change the Bills lobbied for will burn us.

The Bills did not lobby for that rule change. The Chiefs did, however, after losing to NE in overtime in 2018.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.