What is your gut telling you right now?

8 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Are we the better team? We are only 2.5 pt. favorites. Vegas typically gives the home team 3 points. So vegas actually thinks the Bills are ever so slightly worse than the Chiefs. Assuming that's mainly because of all the injuries.

My understanding is that odds makers now give the home 1.5 points.

• Agree 3

Really chill about it.  We wanted to see how the Bills would do in a playoff game at home against the Chiefs and we are going to get our chance to find out.  If the Chiefs win so be it.  

With that said, I think the Bills will win.  The Bills seem to be finding offensive production all over the place right now, the Bills made the playoffs and gelled at the right time and that's always dangerous in the playoffs.  The Chiefs have Pacheco and he can be a handful, but they don't have Tyreek, and Travis seems checked out and ready to retire.

The Bills are 8 - 1 at home this year (Counting Pittsburgh - Not counting England) so the Bills are feeling the home field advantage this year.

Bills win!

28 minutes ago, teef said:

i'll question everything all over again if the bills blow it.  it also depends how the game goes.  if superman mahomes suddenly turns up and it's a shoot out...so be it.  i just won't be able to see the sloppy bills stroll out and gift wrap turnovers.  

The Bills can't play their "C" game in this one.  If they play their A or even B+ game and still lose, it will be easier to deal with.

That said...

chiefs.jpg

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So every time my friends throw a party and asked to bring a dish, I go to either Wendy's or McDonald's and order 80 nuggets.  I put them on a platter for everyone.

If you want to save some money, just go to Dollar Tree and buy a dish for a buck-and-a-quarter. 

It just seem like KC is getting all the breaks as usual.

KC has two more days to prepare.  They are mostly healthy.

I could see their receivers catching everything on Sunday and Kelse looking like himself from two years ago.

I just hope we can change the trend of getting knocked out of the playoffs by Mahomes.

Let's send him home on Sunday!

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you feel good about this game?  

What is making your nervous?  What is making you confident?

I feel good, I do expect a win.  I can't handle the thought of us not winning.  I usually don't let games bother me too much, I was surprisingly calm for 13 seconds because I have been let down before by the Bills.  

This one though, this is our redemption game.  We are the better team, we need to win this game.

It's in Buffalo...we can't lose to the Chiefs here.

Our defensive injuries are so worrisome for me.  Keeping my fingers crossed we get at least Taron Johnson, Douglas and Dodson back.  We can't have two back ups at corner and linebacker.  

I go back and forth. The injuries though, have bummed me out. I actually wanted KC at home, but of course it had to come with a price. some absolutely devastating injuries. I don't know how to feel about this game anymore, because of it.

Two things worry me:    Bernard and Pacheco.

There is a HUGE part of me that believes Josh Allen will not let us lose this game. 

Win or lose though, this is my team.   These guys are going to play their asses off for us.  

Rejoice if we win.  And if we don't, lets please not criticize.  These guys will give it their all.

All that said, I hope they serve up Kermits head on a platter.  

GO BILLS GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 1

I am lacking confidence because of the injuries and the perceived relative good health of the Chiefs. Plus when I look at Head Coach-QB- Defense-Kicking game I think most reasonable people give the cumulative edge to the Chiefs. I'm worried about them crowding the line, shutting off the run, pressuring  and our receivers not getting open (grabby coverage). Defensively, it's an unknown because of the injuries, we could make a decent enough showing to win, if we have the bodies. I think Josh always gives you a chance, but he'll need alot help from the coaches and players. Having Hochuli as a ref gives me pause as well.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Two things worry me:    Bernard and Pacheco.

There is a HUGE part of me that believes Josh Allen will not let us lose this game. 

Win or lose though, this is my team.   These guys are going to play their asses off for us.  

Rejoice if we win.  And if we don't, lets please not criticize.  These guys will give it their all.

All that said, I hope they serve up Kermits head on a platter.  

GO BILLS GOD DAMMIT!!!!

I agree with you 100%.

If we lose, be prepared for the same posters calling for McDermott and Beane to be replaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Same.

But If we can’t win this year, I will start to question when we can ever beat KC in the playoffs. They are as vulnerable as they’ve ever been under Mahomes. And I have to think they will fix their issues this off-season.

Even Peyton finally got over the Brady brick wall in the playoffs to make his own Super Bowl runs--we got this! (provided our D roster on game day is not the equivalent of a practice squad scrimmage group in early August).  

I only know that this is the most polarizing game during my Bills fandom (8 years).

We win, I'll be as excited as ever.

We lose, I'll be depressed.

I honestly don't care that much if we later lose to Ravens or 49ers, just win this game for my mental health.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I feel good, I do expect a win.  I can't handle the thought of us not winning.  I usually don't let games bother me too much, I was surprisingly calm for 13 seconds because I have been let down before by the Bills.  

This one though, this is our redemption game.  We are the better team, we need to win this game.

Our defensive injuries are so worrisome for me.  Keeping my fingers crossed we get at least Taron Johnson, Douglas and Dodson back.  We can't have two back ups at corner and linebacker.  

23-17 Bills

I don’t trust McDermott.

i stated at the beginning of the season that I didn’t and I couldn’t be too excited because of him.

In the final game against Miami, at the end of the game as we were trying to burn clock:

On third down and 7 or 8 , we played man on everyone presnap, then whoever was covering Hill inexplicably backed off 10 yards. Hill got to the first down, Tua hit him perfectly and he dropped it. WTAF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is the kind of STUPID S#!+ that McD can’t seem to help himself from doing. Like a crackhead with a five in his pocket!

We can win this game. But, my faith in it happening is slightly less than 50%. With the best QB in the league. 

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Eyeroll 1

Impossible to feel confident with the cloud of availability on defense hanging over. If Douglas, Johnson and Dodson play even at 80%, I believe in our offense scoring enough to get a win. Without 2 or 3 of these starters, I can’t see AJ, Elam and Williams holding Mahomes and company too well. Then we have to win a shootout. 50- 50 at best.

• Agree 2

Here is what I want to believe.

Buffalo is surging at the right time.  Second and third string players are making meaningful contributions.  Feels like now or never with this team.  I want to believe it's now.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not as worried about the D as a few others here.  McDermott is excellent on that side of the ball.  He'll make things tough on the KC offense no matter who can & can't play.

I feel really good about this one.  I think this team is motivated to avoid what happened against Cincy last year.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

IDK I feel like we win in a rout. 31 - 10. I dont think they can score on us and it feels like Josh is fully locked in and wants it more than anyone. 

if we hold KC (with Pacheco this time, and what I believe is a fully healthy offense) to 10 points they should begin erecting a statue of McDermott outside Gate 3 the next day.

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely believe in the Bills this year, winning in different ways.

But I am uneasy about this one. It reeks of some type of rediculous circumstance where we lose in a way never previously considered.

Feel confident  This isnt the 13 seconds era Chiefs with Hill They have struggled mightily to score points and look at their schedule this season  I don't see wins against good teams.  Bills overcame a lot to falter here  I just dont see a let down and that doesnt even consider the hostile environment Mahomes will see Sunday

55 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

My understanding is that odds makers now give the home 1.5 points.

some have hinted that odds books are only giving 1 point, whereas the last year or three it was as much as 1.5.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

SuperBowl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.